70s, 80s and 90s fans!

Hey, there! So I noticed there wasn’t really a genre club about the things that I write fan fiction about and what I am interested and I know that many people are also interested in these things. No matter where I looked I could find any sort of group about the 70s, 80s or the 90s. So I decided to make my own.

In this club, we can talk about everything about the 70s, 80s, and 90s including things such as movies and music.

Hope you can enjoy it!

To start things off I am going to ask a question to start the conversation.

Who is your favourite singer/band from one of these 3 decades?

I would have to say mine is Queen. In fact, Queen is my all time favourite band.

2 Likes

Marc Bolan

1 Like

Ooh is he from T.Rex. I’m not sure if I have really listened to any of their songs.

Yeah, he was super sexy. Died when he was only 29.

1 Like

The Cure

2 Likes

I have two stories set in the 90s.

One has a lot of pop culture references to 80s movies and the chapters are 90s songs.

But they aren’t fan fiction.

1 Like

I love the Cure too.

2 Likes

One? I don’t have one favorite.

2 Likes

I agree it’s nearly impossible to pick one.

I’ve seen Billy Joel, U2 and The Beastie Boys in concert.

Those are all amazing groups from these prior decades.

2 Likes

I wrote a story based on the song “Angel of the Morning” and so far it is one of my favorites. I graduated H.S. in 95 so I can go on And on about the 80’s and 90’s.

1 Like

Does anyone ever get those vibes to bring the 80’s into the modern day lifestyle, so their whole fashion wardrobe is essentially outfits from that time frame?

1 Like

if i was to bring back an old fashion style it would be seventies punk vinyl jackets for days

3 Likes

I bring more of the 90s in - I wear my Docs, Chuck Purcells, floral sundresses, etc.

I also still have my two favorite oils from The Body Shop - Mango and Ananya

2 Likes

Haha well tell me a few lol

Fine. Let’s Google stuff.

Music:
Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Sting, Guns n’ Roses, Madonna, Nirvana, Michael Jackson, No Doubt, Alanis Morisette.
I’m sure there’s more but Google doesn’t want to give me better suggestions.

Movies:
Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li flicks (I even like the old ones that aren’t that good), Back To The Future movies, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones movies, The Three Musketeers (I’ve seen so many adaptations and they’re all good), The Terminator, some of the Batman and Superman movies, basically everything with Robin Williams, Men in Black and most Will Smith movies, Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, The Matrix, The Silence of the Lambs, The Sixth Sense, Water World, Dances With Wolves.

Flashback overload. Must exit. End.

I love the 90s! My favorite music artistes include Nirvana, Third Eye Blind, Mariah Carey, The Offspring, Silverchair, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. There’s definitely more to the list but these are the names that immediately come to mind right now. :smiley:

1 Like

casettes

I’m wondering if I someone could help me with 90s pop culture. I’m writing a dark fantasy fanfiction trilogy that takes place in the mid 90s and centers around a group of teenagers who live in this Japanese city with a high level of American immigrants and their children. Since I was pretty young during this frame of time, I’m not quite sure about all of the popular teen songs, movies, clothing styles, video games, etc. I mean, I know some, but I’d be more comfortable with more info.

If it helps, one of them is really into a career in modern dancing and the rest like to play at arcades. There’s also a few dugeon and dragon fanatics in the group as well.

What year in the 90s does it take place?

I wouldn’t want to suggest a song or movie from 1999 if your story is set in 1992.

If we are going by favorite bands from the decade they were formed, mine are:

70s - Queen
80s - Bon Jovi
90s - Train