About the New 'Solution' Feature

The New 'Solution' Feature

Hey everyone! :wave:

Here to explain a little about a newly implemented forums feature.

So what is the 'Solution' feature?

The solution button is a new feature in some of the forum’s clubs. Once you post a thread in one of those clubs, each of the following posts has a ‘solution’ button. This is mainly useful for threads asking questions, as when the question has been answered/ solved, the creator of the thread can mark the answer post as ‘solution’.

Having a solved thread is also useful so you don’t get heaps more responses after receiving already a receiving complete answer.

Q&A Directory:

Where can I find this feature?

How do I know if a topic has been marked ‘Solved’?

If my post is used as a Solution, how will I know?

1 Like

Where can I find this feature?

The Solution button can be found on each user’s posts in your thread. If you’d like to set a post as your thread solution, click in the ‘Solution’ button and it will set that post as the solution. You can only set one post as a solution.

The Solution feature can only be used by the creator of the thread.

Currently, the following categories have the solution feature enabled:

Industry Insider

Multimedia Designs - Graphics Critiques/ Feedback

Multimedia Designs - Graphics Hiring

Multimedia Designs - Request a Graphic

Share Your Story - Story Requests

Story Services - Beta Readers Needed

Wattpad Feedback and News - App & Site Feedback

Wattpad Feedback and News - Community Forums and Feedback

Wattpad Feedback and News - New to Wattpad or the Forums

13 Likes

How do I know if a topic has been marked 'Solved'?

A checkbox will appear in the thread’s title:

The answer marked as the solution will also appear in the first post of the thread.

testing%20solutions

5 Likes

If my post is used as a Solution, how will I know?

A ‘:white_check_mark: Solution’ box will appear on the post marked as the solution.

You’ll also receive a notification that your post has been marked as a solution:

sol

3 Likes

Have any questions?

Ask away, and we’ll do our best to help!

5 Likes

Can we disable it? It’s so distracting to have that extra text all over non-question threads!

1 Like

Hi! I’m afraid it can’t be disabled by thread owners - which club are you talking about? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Improve Your Writing; we have a NaNoWriMo discussion chat that does not need a solution anywhere. It’s become really difficult to read because the ‘Solution’ button is huge and appears on every post. It’s bigger than the post body size!

1 Like

It should now be disabled in that club. Can you let us know if you’re still seeing it?

1 Like

Makes sense…

1 Like

I think it is a cool idea.I was just on this cover request thread and my response was marked as solution and the thread was closed which stopped the unnecessary spam.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear :smile:

‘Solved’ threads won’t be auto-closed by mods unless the thread owner has in someway requested the thread be closed. But the hope is that (as you say) it should prevent unnecessary spam, after a solution has been found :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep, it looks to be gone. Thank you! Maybe we need a toggle or something to control whether the thread is one with a question.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s possible with the system we’re using, but will keep in mind :heart:

2 Likes

Could you disable it for my thread too, since it’s not a question thread.
(The Ultimate Writing Project 2.0)
Thanks!

Hi :wave: I’m afraid that as the Solution feature is per category (not per thread), we’re unable to disable it just for that thread. What I could however do is move your thread to Writing Groups, where the Solution feature isn’t enabled? :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’d be great! Thanks!

1 Like

No worries! Thread moved for you :blush:

1 Like

:grin:
Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, I was wondering about this! I think an option for a thread to be deactivated or “complete” once a solution is found would be helpful. Contributing to threads that have already found solutions seems kind of impractical and a bit time wasting especially for members who spend time answering questions. I know that would probably be difficult for Wattpad to police but maybe there could somehow be a notification for Ambassadors that monitor certain forums? Just a thought :smiley:

1 Like