Absinthe Playlists (Free and Open!)

music

You’re welcome :smiley:

Pretty closely, I suppose. A lot of the original characterization IS there (Bella liking books, liking English, Edward being a lil creepy, etc), but there’s no stalking or abuse apologizm, and everyone feels more … well, human! It’s less of the “40 year old woman’s fantasy” that Meyer made and more of a “teenage girl’s adventure” that I thought I was reading at 15

AND PLEASE DO! I fucking love MCR

Username: imtotallynotokay
Title of Book: mr. brightside
Book Description: basically Shawn Mendes is in a relationship with someone who doesn’t love him anymore and is sleeping with chicks every night but he refuses to believe it even though he knows it’s true.
Music Genre: pop, rock, alternative, punk
Artist/ Example Songs: mr. brightside by the killers, like we used to by a rocket to the moon, Waterparks, all you are is history by state champs, all time low, gone by coldrain, sleeping with sirens, 5 seconds of summer, without me by Halsey, Marianas Trench, Maybe mcr.
Number of Songs (up to 40): 30
Can I use songs with explicit lyrics?: yes
Spotify or YouTube Delivery?: YouTube
Anything Else?: I adore you’re playlist you made for another one of my books.

Here’s your playlist! I hope you like it :smiley:

Why are there not more punk songs about books? Reading is totally punk rock.

You bet your ass reading is punk rock!!! Thank you so so much!!! I’ll have to use these with the book :smiley: I’ll post the link in the next chapter x3

Username: colourthestars

Title of Book: Liar, Liar

Book Description: Essentially it’s a psychological thriller about a woman who is bored with her life. After she saves a stranger’s life she is granted a wish to fulfil her dream of becoming a respected artist, but finds that the wish has unintended consequences and that fame and fortune aren’t so great after all.

Music Genre: dark alternative, dark indie, classical, songs for movie soundtracks (will list some below), dream pop. i would prefer songs with minimal spoken lyrics

Artist/Example Songs: interstellar main theme by hans zimmer, saturn - sleeping at last, Claire De Lune Ethereal Remix (on youtube), waltz no 2 - dmitri shostakovich, time - hans zimmer, erik satie - gymnopédies, m83 - midnight city

Number of Songs (up to 40): i don’t really mind, maybe ~20-30?

Can I use songs with explicit lyrics?: no, sorry! it wouldn’t fit well with the theme of my book. also like i stated before, i would prefer songs with minimal lyrics

Spotify or YouTube delivery?: youtube please!

Playlist Image (optional, Spotify only)

Anything else?: thanks if you accept!

As stated above, I accept all playlists. Also, a classical playlist? I’m kind of pumped.

thank you! :slight_smile: i know playlists with prominent classical pieces can be hard to make so i’m glad you’re up for the challenge! x

As you can probably tell from my profile pic, I play French Horn, so I’ve developed quite the appreciation for classical music :smiley:

Here’s your playlist! I hope you enjoy it :smiley:

It’s amazing thank you.

Here’s your playlist! I hope you enjoy it :smiley:

Thank you so much! I’m so exicted to listen to this :smiley:

I just want to say, I’m about halfway through the playlist and WOW!! All of these songs are great and fit different parts of my story perfectly. Thank you so much!!

You’re welcome! I’m glad you’re enjoying the playlist :smiley:

‪BOOK PLAYLIST FORM‬

Username : Vexful‬
‪Title of Book : Death Bound

Book Description: Damien dies at the end of “Darkening Seduction” and Aila and her friends are forced to go into the depths of the Underworld to save his soul and bring him back to life before death claims him forever.

Music Genre : Alternative, hard rock, indie pop‬ (no metal, classic rock, punk, or country)
‪Artist/Example Songs : Artists like Ruelle, Digital Daggers, Sam Tinnesz, Imagine Dragons, Royal Deluxe, MISSIO, Zayde Wolf, The Neighborhood, Breaking Benjamin, Starset, The Score, Daughter, Theory of a Deadman, Bohnes, Florence and the Machine, Bastille, Tommy Profitt, + more I can’t think of right now‬
‪Number of Songs (up to 40) 40!‬
‪Can I use songs with explicit lyrics? Yes!
‪Spotify or YouTube delivery? Spotify ‬
Playlist Image (optional, Spotify only) : No preferance !
Anything Else : Themes of the Underworld, feeling lost and hopeless, being scared and never finding a way out, finding a loved one, bringing a loved one back to life

THESE are songs I already have for the playlist, so I would appreciate you not using them but getting inspiration for theme and artists!

‪BOOK PLAYLIST FORM‬

Username : Vexful‬
‪Title of Book : Deviant Shadows

Book Description : Damien and Aila are back from the Underworld, and Damien is thrust into the position of King after his mothers death. Damien and Aila are now connected through a soul bond, and he can feel her distance after her mother was freed from hell.
Aila struggles, not knowing where she belongs. Her life long search has been to find her family, and now doing so pits her against the very people she loves. Aila becomes darker and darker, and Damien tries to cling onto someone who’s changing right before his eyes.

Music Genre : Alternative, hard rock, indie pop‬ (no metal, classic rock, punk, or country)
‪Artist/Example Songs : Artists like Ruelle, Digital Daggers, Sam Tinnesz, Imagine Dragons, Royal Deluxe, MISSIO, Zayde Wolf, The Neighborhood, Breaking Benjamin, Starset, The Score, Daughter, Theory of a Deadman, Bohnes, Florence and the Machine, Bastille, Tommy Profitt, + more I can’t think of right now‬
‪Number of Songs (up to 40) 40!‬
‪Can I use songs with explicit lyrics? Yes!
‪Spotify or YouTube delivery? Spotify ‬
Playlist Image (optional, Spotify only) : No preferance !
Anything Else : Themes of not knowing where you belong, feeling darkness creep up, maybe songs about a troubled mother daughter relationship?

THESE are songs I already have for the playlist, so I would appreciate you not using them but getting inspiration for theme and artists!