Accessing the community on Apps

#question #feedback

Why can’t I access the community on my phone and ipad wattpad app? I only seem to be able to get on to the community when I’m on my laptop on wattpad. It’s really annoying as I’d love to be more involved in the community when I’m out and about.
Also, I can’t respond to messages on the wattpad app when on my ipad either.
What is going on? I’ve tried looking for a community wattpad app but there isnt one. Can anyone help me with this?

I’m not sure about the iPad but I use my phone all the time for accessing the forums :eyes:

How are you accessing the forums? Through discourse or through typing www.wattpadwriters.com? :eyes:

1 Like

On my laptop I’m on www.wattpad.com and once logged in the community is just one of the options across the top, but on the apps on my phone and Ipad (which i assume are the same app) its not an option anywhere!

1 Like

there isn’t an access from the wattpad app but when you open the forum on google in your browser (with respect to google), it lets you add it to the homescreen directly. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sucks! how many people are going to know to do that? :scream:
so I log into wattpad through google on my phone… then what?

2 Likes

You should download the discourse app, it makes it easier to access the forums from there and as @tale_a_grammer said, you can access it from Google and you will get an option to add it to your home screen, (kind of like an app button)

Just go to Google, type the www.wattpadwriters.com and you should get the option of adding it to your home screen once you open the site :blush:

1 Like

Okay, i think I’ve done it. It’s not a very effective way of doing it though, it’d be much better if the community was its own app or something! Thanks guys, I’m back in the community on my phone now :smiley:

2 Likes

Woohoo yayy :partying_face::dancer:

But now you do have an app on the home screen that says “Wattpad Community” though which makes it easier to access now :see_no_evil:

I’ve always wondered this but thought it’s probably soo obvious but I can’t do it. I’m glad I’m not the only one! haha

1 Like

I downloaded the discourse app and its paired with wattpad writers but i havent got an app labelled wattpad community… did i do something wrong?

1 Like

Did you get something like this?
Maybe try again going to Google and typing Wattpadwriters url and see if they again ask about adding it to your home screen :thinking:

This is an awesome suggestion! So much more convenient than constantly trying to type and navigate to it in browser!

2 Likes

Indeed :blush:

2 Likes

I can’t see the media youve added but i tried what you suggested and it just takes me to the community in my internet browser, there is no option to add to my home screen :confused:

1 Like

Hm :thinking:
Let me try removing my community app and see if they ask me, I will take screenshots in case it appears. Worse comes to worse, I will lose my app. But let’s be positive!

1 Like

Aw thank you! I’ll be sorry for you to loose it but i intrigued to see the results! X

1 Like

I got the app option again. Hold on I will share the screenshots :slightly_smiling_face:

If I can be of help to you, it’s worth it :heart:

1 Like

@MaryEden08

I can’t see whatever you’ve posted :weary: :pleading_face:

1 Like