ads on wattpad (or are you premium?)

Yep. I just went into a graphics book and got this:

Clicking skip opened the App Store?!

Damn. But why aren’t I getting any ads at all anymore? :thinking: Is it because I’m on Android? Not iPhone or something?

If cancer was an app… That would be it.

I’m on android and I get them, so that’s not it. Where are you in the world? I think it’s demographic based.

Greece

Yeah okay that makes sense now :rofl:

I’ve had those very frequently. They make me concerned about malware. After I started getting those I went to check if I had an issue with my phone.

Then Greece is a safe-zone like Denmark. Now Scotland on the other hand… :expressionless:

But apps like games and stuff can still advertise no matter what, can’t they? On other apps I get ads all the time. And it’s not like they’re in Greek.

I think it’s regional with Wattpad since you can’t buy Premium everywhere either, I think. So depending on the server you’re on, you’ll get ads.

Huh, I didn’t know that. Interesting.

Come to Greece, we have no ads :upside_down_face:

@FetchingPenumbra Wait. You get no ads?

@AWFrasier 100% agreed

Not in between chapters, not anymore at least. I just get on the homepage (on the app, website I have adblock anyway).

I’m so tempted to dig up the image of that sketchy ad I got once.

Would love to see it! Ads shouldn’t be sketchy…might be issue with bad actor in the ad marketplace :frowning:

Remember: Ads are how we keep Wattpad free for you…and things like Clubs running :slight_smile:

I don’t think most of us mind the ads, it’s just the lack of transparency (example, ads in many books when we were told they would be in Stars/Futures) and also the… Quality? Of ads? (The sketchiness, I mean)

I found it!

Oh, and I found this, too:

I was so shook that day.

That was, like, half the storage on my phone. :sob:

I also was complaining about this:

As you can see, I complain a lot.