Hey there! I’m in a slump with my writing so I figured… Might as well read!
Since it’s the pride month and my all possible genders loving self would like to celebrate that, let’s keep things not-straight (unless, y’know, some trans vibes).
Now, I’m kinda picky so let’s put up some ground rules:
- A love story - doesn’t have to be Romance-romance, so bad endings are also welcome. But it has to revolve around a romantic plot.
- LGBT+ as main characters
- Adult, or young adult characters. Think like 20 and up. So no high school etc.
- NO FANFICS because I don’t belong in many fandoms and will most likely make another thread for those when I want to read them
- Edited. Please at least read through your work once folks.
- Your own story. So advertise away! No recommendations of other’s works allowed this time. I want to get to know some writers! Maybe we can be friends someday!
Now as those above are non-negotiable, below are some things that would give you additional points, but are not hard rules:
- 1st person pov
- Main characters aged 25 and up
- Gender-bending [think more like men who like to do make-up or strong, masculine women - I don’t want any mpreg stories]
- Trans character[s]
- Tragic/bad ending [but don’t tell me beforehand which it is]
- …or SUPER cheesy good ending
- Undiscovered [like under 5K reads. In fact, I’ll put these up in the queue over the ones that have lots and lots of reads, though those are also welcome]
- Mature stories are more than welcome, but please make sure to tell me why it’s marked mature [like sex, violence, language?] Also I love me some detailed sex scenes
Please provide the following:
- Link [to the summary page, not to chapter one]
- Blurb/Summary [without spoiling the ending]
- Pairing [is it manxman, womanxwoman, transxman/woman, what?]
- Ongoing or completed? If ongoing, please have at least 5 chapters up already
- If mature, why?
- Why do you think I’ll like it? Does it have fluff? Are one of my ending wishes [don’t spoil] fulfilled? Is it a steamy mature love story?
If I find your story interesting, I’ll add it to my private library. Best works will eventually find their way to my public reading lists, either to “Best Ongoing” or “The best of LGBT+ love”.
Whoa this turned out long. Sorry abt that. Now let’s see what gems I can find!