👽 Alien Critiques 👽 (OPEN)

Welcome to Alien Critiques :alien:! This is your go-to place for book critiques and X-File gifs.

I’m here to offer my services to you. I am nowhere close to being an English major, but I love to read and I’m pretty darn good at English if I must say so. Maybe you’ve been looking at your story for too long and need someone else to find mistakes, or perhaps you’re worried your book just isn’t flowing right. I’m here to help!

What I Read

• My preferred genres are: FANTASY, sci-fi, adventure, historical fiction, anything YA

• I will read: mystery, horror, fanfiction, etc… I don’t read these genres often and I can’t guarentee my critiques will be great, but I’ll do my best.

• I don’t read strictly Romance. If romance is a subplot, then that’s fine. I love my books to have a little romance. But I will NOT read anything that is only Romance.

• I don’t read anything that glorifies illegal activity (pedophilia, abusive relationships, etc.) or is Mature/18+. Don’t even think of asking me to read these stories.

• Basically, just don’t ask me to read anything that would make your grandmother blush

Rules

• Be patient. I have a busy life. I love to read and critiquing is a wonderful hobby, but sometimes it can take me a while.

• Don’t be rude. Confrontation makes me cry.

• If I deny you, please don’t yell at me. I hope to not have to deny a lot of people, but it is always an option.

• I will not do a critique until payment is completed.

• Fill out my form correctly. Password is Scully so that I know you read my rules.

Payment

1-2 chapters- Permanent follow. I will be checking.

3-4 chapters- Permanent follow and 3+ lined comment on Chapter One of my book, The Forgotten Land.

5-6 chapters- Permanent follow and 3+ lined comment on Chapters One and Two of my book.

7-8 chapters- Permanent follow and 3+ lined comment on Chapters One, Two, and Three of my book.

9+ chapters- We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Form

• title:
  • genre(s):
  • brief summary:
  • number of chapters you want me to read:
  • numerous in-lines or one giant comment?:
  • anything you want me to focus on?:
  • what would you rate your story? (G, PG…?):
  • level of intensity:
  • password:

Level of intensity refers to how difficult you want me to be.
Easy: I point out what I like about the story. Recommended for beginning writers who need a confidence boost.
Medium: I point out a mixture of the good and bad.
Hard: I point out all my issues with the story. No punches held.

Queue
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

7 Likes

I would love some feedback on my story (if you enjoy reading it, feel free to keep on reading!)
title: The Legend of the Moonflower Princess
genre(s): Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, High Fantasy
brief summary: After her adopted younger brother is kidnapped by the minions of a mad sorcerer, a young woman must journey through a magical world in order to rescue him.
number of chapters you want me to read: 7-8 chapters, please
do you want numerous in-line comments or one giant critique in the comment section?: You can do both if you want!
anything you want me to focus on (spelling, grammar, character development, etc.)?: Any feedback is appreciated!
password: Scully

2 Likes

Sounds like my kind of book! Please complete the payment and I will gladly get started.

I’d like a critique on my first (and only) story on here!
Title: Sunken Women and Other Short Stories
Genre: Fantasy
Summary: It’s a short story based on the prompt that basically says “what if mermaids were the women thrown overboard because having a woman on a ship was supposed to be bad luck?”
Chapters: 4
In-line comments or one giant critique?: I’d love critique-type comments, whether they’re in separate comments or one large one just depends on what’s more convenient for you!
Anything to focus on?: Really anything you notice about it. If I have to choose, I have wondered about the believability of the emotions/reactions.
Password: scully

1 Like

I think I remember seeing this prompt somewhere before. I’m super excited to see what you’ve done with it! Please complete payment and I’ll start.

1 Like

payment completed

1 Like

Please follow me and then I will begin.

Oops, sorry! Now payment is completed :rofl:

1 Like

title: The Great Magical Mishap
genre(s): Fantasy, adventure, comedy
brief summary: A disillusioned wizard and his annoyingly optimistic friend go on a quest to retrieve an ancient magical artifact. They run into strange situations and device even stranger solutions.
number of chapters you want me to read: Just 1. Feel free to read more if you enjoy it enough to continue, but I’m not going to force you.
do you want numerous in-line comments or one giant critique in the comment section?: Whichever you prefer.
anything you want me to focus on (spelling, grammar, character development, etc.)?: Any feedback is appreciated, but especially dialogue formatting and punctuation is something I’m not experienced with.
password: Scully so that I know you read my rules

This sounds like my kind of story! I see that you’ve already followed me, so I’ll get started as soon as possible.

title: The Sword of Blood And Roses

genre(s): Fantasy

brief summary: A princess on the run is forced to team up with a half-elf and her best friend to escape from an evil queen whos out for blood.

the number of chapters you want me to read: all 5, please

do you want numerous in-line comments or one giant critique in the comment section?: One giant critique in the comment section

anything you want me to focus on (spelling, grammar, character development, etc.)?: if there are any major grammar mistakes let me know or anything that hurts the flow, otherwise I am more concerned with characters and dialouge

password: Scully

Yass! I am so happy with the amount of fantasy books I’ve gotten. Just complete the payment and I’ll get started.

1 Like

sounds good. I think I completed the payment

1 Like

Hello there!

It seems that your thread is more fitting for the #story-services:critiques-and-feedback club. I am going to move your thread there.

Thank you for understanding!

Z

Community Ambassador

1 Like

I loved your book! Thank you for asking me to critique it. You’ve definitely got a way with humor and I can’t wait to see where the story goes.

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it so much! And thanks for taking the time to give feedback :grin:

I finished your critique! You have a really wonderful story going and I only noticed a few grammatical errors here and there. My only big problem was the length of the chapters. Reading on Wattpad isn’t like reading a normal book. Long chapters in a physical book is fine, but it’s tedious to read it on Wattpad. It’s a lot of scrolling and it takes forever to read. Other than that, the actual story is wonderful! Your descriptions are so intriguing. I wish you the best of luck!

bump

Thanks you! :smile: