Andy's Expanded Analysis Service Center, 1st Chapters Free (Temporarily Closed)

feedback-offered
critiques
ambclosed

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce the release of Andy’s Expanded Analysis Service Center. For those of you who’ve been following this thread for a while, rest assured my standard and free analysis service will remain. That being said, some changes are being made.

This will now be a tiered, all services provided thread where I will not only do first chapter analyses like I always have, I will be offering as many chapters, up to and including the entire story of any requester, with a very straightforward pricing system.

1st chapter: Free! and available in 24 hours or less guaranteed! (Or I will read 1 more chapter free of charge)

The Complimentary First Chapter Assessment is an analytical breakdown of what drew me in or repulsed me in the first chapter as a reader, whether I think the premise of the story is interesting (keep in mind, it’ll only be an opinion), and all possible changes I could think of as an author to make it a more compelling opening hook. All of this within 24 hours, 7 days of the week (yes, I will admit I don’t really have much of a life :/)

To ensure my first chapter assessment is consistent, I have standardized them into the following discrete categories which I’ll rate on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being a perfect score. As well, there will be a detailed explanation for why I gave it the rating I did.

1. Is the main character a person or a prop?
  2. Is information conveyed through exposition or narrative?
  3. Does the plot as set up make sense and did I want to know what happened next?

Unlike my paid services, there will be no waitlist. All first chapter requesters will get their results back 24 hours after submitting a request, no approval or forms required.

I also am now offering the following paid services:

Additional chapters up to 10 chapters: Payment for this service is 1 chapter read and commented on my fantasy work in progress, “The Blood of Queens,” for each additional chapter requested. So for example, if you request 9 chapters total, you would need to read 8 chapters of my story and comment along the way. In return, I promise itemized comments for each of your requested chapters.

These will be sent after your payment. Due to high demand, I’ll only be able to do one chapter of five different stories per day. If you want to know where you are in the queue, check out my “Active Critique List” reading list to see which 5 I’ll be doing that day. Rest assured, I play no favorites so your story will be moved up 5 points in the ranking each day until I get through a chapter.

I reserve the right to waitlist or backlog additional requests of the additional chapters service if there is a long queue. I also reserve the right to refuse additional chapter requests so don’t complete payment unless I’ve accepted your requests

Finally, I offer my premium service, “The Complete Beta Read™” which is where I will read every posted chapter you have of a story.
This will admittedly have a much higher price: To qualify for “The Complete Beta Read” you must agree to read the entirety of my story, “The Blood of Queens,” specify how long it will take you, and in addition to itemized comments each chapter you must fill out the following form at the end of your reading to receive my Final Report:

Form:

1. What are your initial thoughts and reactions to the overall story?
  2. Favorite Scene and why?
  3. Least Favorite Scene and why?
  4. What did you think of the characters?
  5. Were any plot points confusing or unclear?
  6. Rate how much you enjoyed the story (1-10)

In return for the above, I offer at least as many comments as you provide and a similar form which will serve as a Final Report. The time table for my responses will be commensurate with the period in which you expect to finish my story. Like my additional chapters service, I reserve the right to waitlist requesters if the queue is long. I also reserve the right to refuse requests for these so don’t commit to payments unless I’ve explicitly accepted.

Disclaimer: I will probably sound really, really mean sometimes but I promise it’s not cause I’m trying to hurt anyone. On the contrary, I feel like not telling people how to improve is how to really hurt someone so… tough love!

A like/heart on your response means I’ve seen and put your story on my list.

While it is true that I will read any genre, I feel it’s only fair I give you some idea of my own background/areas of expertise.

Most Read Genre: Sci Fi, Fantasy is a close 2nd
Areas of Study: Biochemistry (formal schooling), Quantum Mechanics (more of a minor but also school), world history (for worldbuilding research)
Miscellaneous: I am asexual (meaning be VERY wary of asking me anything about a trope related to love/romance)

I would love if you read the first chapter of my book I Never Imagined. It’s romance. Here is the link

https://www.wattpad.com/story/154539668-i-never-imagined

Thank you!

Received! Would you prefer a public comment or a private message with my full report?

Maybe a comment would be good. Thank you!

Alright. Expect that within 24 hours.

Thank you!

thanks!

https://www.wattpad.com/359243659-masquerading-the-key-a-key-keepers-novel-episode-1

Do you count prologues as chapters? In any case, you can decide. :slight_smile:
https://www.wattpad.com/652710707-paranatura-vol-1-prologue

Of course! If you consider that the opening, I’ll take it. As I told @SVTSwrites, I’ll have a comment up within 24 hours.

Hello, would you read my fanfiction? It’s more loosely based on a book series.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/144178393-some-of-us-die-young-red-queen-fanfiction

Sure. I did promise universal reading :wink:

Im intrigued by your genre of fiction. I also have to deal with politics in a lesser way in my story. How do you develop research for your plot lines?

I usually focus my research on the plot points relative to my project. For instance, right now I’m working on a fantasy series in which the main characters are on an island nation with a British cultural atmosphere. As such, I’ve been researching the history of Britain and the British Empire such as the Magna Carta, the Glorious Revolution, the Protectorate under Oliver Cromwell, etc. I’m American so stuff like that doesn’t get taught in schools so I have to educate myself on all of that. Its good to know actual British foreign policy history when I’m planning on major worldbuilding events such as my Britain expy going to war with another nation.

I’d love it if you could give my mystery/thriller story a read!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166316894-all-the-lights-are-on

I currently have a character that is ~300 years old, grew up in Italy, lived in Switzerland, then moved to the UK…
I’m taking my chances with it hahaha.

That sounds interesting but also quite fantastical and not strictly bound to reality. I’d give yourself plenty of artistic license just as long as you don’t make blatantly false or contradictory claims eg “I remember the Mongol invasion!” No you wouldn’t; the 1200s were 500+ years before a 300 year old character was born.

So far, I don’t really focus on his past but yes It’s definitely something I need to mull over. World history is probably going to get incorporated a lot into my story as it goes on.
My prologue basically reads like a vampire mystery story in a small town but it becomes so much more.

I’m looking forward to reading it then.

Would you accept poetry?

Sure, if it’s not long. I’m not sure if I could give much real analytical feedback other then vague “I feel…” or “I think…” comments as I can’t consider myself all that educated in the humanities/poetry arts.