Annoying Wattpad Search System

What are the actual rules for the search system in wattpad? Like I wrote a story called The World of Eirene, Completely Unique name. So i type it on the search bar and can’t find it. IS it because I’m the author?? Or is it because it’s a new book that only has one chapter?

But wait i asked a friend to find it and they can’t either. Whatever the reason, If i were to tell anyone to look it up, they can’t find it. How does that even work. I see so many books that are not even close to the name who up.

Like yeah i can give them the exact link through email,but its kind of hard to have a casual conversation with someone and nonchalantly recite the entire link for them to jot down if I’m out for lunch, or just meeting people in the library

I couldn’t find it by book name, but I put in your Wattpad name and clicked on your profile to bring it up that way. Hope it helps. Frustrating system.

I’ve run into that problem too. I just started a new piece with a pretty unique name, typed it into the search bar to see what would come up with it, and found a ton of stories with completely different names. I even tried typing in my username to see what would show up, and while an older story of mine was at the top of the list, the new one wasn’t there at all.

I’m thinking it might just take the search engine some extra time to realize that our stories exist.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I will certainly keep that in mind for the future!

This was mentioned by someone the other day and there is a bug for the search engine at the moment. HQ are aware of it and are working on a fix. You can find out more information here:

Thanks for letting us know.

Think my story took more than a week before it can be found in searches. It’ll show up eventually.

Same thing happened to me I dont know what it is but it is total crap its like they push the most read books to the front even if that is not what asked for

when I first published my book the same thing happened. After 2-3 days it started showing in the search. Then when I updated a new chapter it showed after few days… now it’s working properly i guess…BUT now the rankings are acting crazy…On my profile one ranking is showing and when I scroll through the tag my story is in different rank !!
What is up with wattpad !??!! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::tipping_hand_woman:‍♀:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:
:frowning:
:frowning:

It’s reallly annoying sometimes…

WHy?? WaTtpAd !! Why??? wHY?

Ah the struggles of us new writers is real!

WE just want to feel accomplished!!!

There is a known issue with the rankings and HQ are working on it. You can find more information here:

Yay the goose is back! Thanks for showering us with your magnificent presence.

I live for the day when you notice me!Although i hope i never have to meet you in your home… which is located in…

Erm…

Oh boy

0-0 and actual person are you?
Well then. awkward.

I’m an actual human, yes…

Uh well then,

Nice to make your acquaintance. And I do apologize for any troubles I may have caused.

How’s your day going?

It’s not just Wattpad; pretty much every search system has a delay before it indexes new content. The more content a site has, the longer the delay–and Wattpad’s a pretty big site.

Depending on how their search is set up, Wattpad might be able to improve it a little bit, but they most likely won’t be able to fix it completely.

ok thank u :slight_smile: :hugs::hugs:but for the time being what do u suggest we do…?? :cold_sweat:

Wait. It’ll get sorted eventually, there are a few bugs floating around the site so it may take a while