Any bio/phyics/engineering/medicine majors looking for a career switch

Feeling really amateur having only found out about Wattpad yesterday.

Ah dear friend walk with me for I have been you. What do you need?

oh wow I just read your summary and wow I feel you :heart: :heart: :heart:
It’s just great to know that I’m not alone on this. I’m still exploring this website and my whole life, honestly. Like what have I been doing?

1 Like

Well first I suggest you find a name do the tutorials etc. Also if you’re a writer I suggest only posting your story once you’re past 0 draft so it doesn’t overwhelm you. Draft 0 is you find the idea wrote it out draft 1 is first edits blah blah blah

1 Like

Ah, I see. I was wondering if I could change my username. Thank you so much! And yes, I am writing a novel. I am working on the edits.:sunflower::sunflower:

1 Like

Dope just @ me if you have questions and all threads close 30 days after last post unless you ask an admin to close it.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused about why STEM majors are specifically mentioned in the subject line, but I feel as though I’ve been summoned so

Hello

1 Like

Not a STEM major myself but based on the title I feel like there may be some common ground here. I went to college to study programming and game design, found out there were 0 jobs in that in my area, spent 3 years in software quality assurance (it was as fun as sliding face first down a gravel driveway naked) so I got fired from that, went back to school and now I work for a bank …

Life is crazier than shit sometimes and things never quite seem to work out when or how you want them to

2 Likes

ah hahaha ’ the summoned one’. Hi there☺️

1 Like

Yeah, but it works in fascinating ways. See mine was a lot more mundane. I went to med school. And that was all of my late-teen, early 20s life.
It worked out but doesn’t sound as intriguing as your story does it?

I am a medic too. But my journey was a bit different as I studied both medicine and physics, I got my PhDs in both (I got a PhD in Fluid mechanics when I was 20) and then focused solely on medical school, now I am an intern… I considered for a while becoming a surgeon but now I think I am done with the pressure, I will just be a regular physician and take care of myself lol

1 Like

no way WOW, physics was my fav subject in high school! I would have loved to pick that for college major! And yeah, I think a lot of ideas and values change when u start clinical work and the things happening in the world right now also leave a lot of aftertaste to reflect on. You sound like you’re doing amazing and I hope you really enjoy being a physician​:sunflower::sunflower:

1 Like