Any Japanese culture lovers?

Also, to add to the conversation, I’ve always been intrigued by Japanese culture thanks to the influence of anime and manga. I crossed Japan off my travel bucket list last year. It’s lovely to see how quiet and disciplined the majority is and how clean it is everywhere you go.

2 Likes

And nobody hugs you!

I went to a funeral a few weeks ago, and the person who passed, her sister in law is Japanese and everyone kept hugging her and I guess she was panicking lol. I shook her hand and she grabbed it with both of her hands. Like I got you with your personal space.

1 Like

We’re Asian and hugs are a completely foreign concept to us. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m Autistic and Japan is a dream where I don’t have to hug random people as a greeting :joy::joy: everyone at my church hugs me and I’m like “plz no.”

1 Like

I’ve been to Japan twice. It’s definitely an experience of a lifetime.

1 Like

The longer I live in Japan (just under two years combined now), the more I stop “loving” Japanese culture and just kinda think it’s just like everywhere else in the world. That is, everywhere in the world is super interesting with all sorts of long histories and cultural traditions, and Japan just happens to be the one that dominated pop culture with cartoons and video games.

I would say that daily life in Japan is about 85% the same as in America or Australia or any first-world major country. It’s that 15% that’s very different, though.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, after spending a month in Japan, I DID start to miss being back in America (the hot summers didn’t help much).

2 Likes

I wish it were still summer… My apartment has no central heating and it’s already getting really cold :frowning:

I remember always going to the grocery stores and each one I’ve been to, they always had the song Osakana Tengoku playing in the background.

1 Like

AAH, I AM SO OTAKU AND I LOVE JAPAN-CHAN!! HEHE! XD

(Sorry if this is offensive, but this is just a joke comment.)

2 Likes

I’ve always been a Japanese culture lover, I grew up watching anime such as DBZ, Naruto and reading manga such as Nana, Bleach and Conan… And I fell in love with the music especially with Visual Kei, I love the genre between rock and metal, the looks and of course the lyrics which are always sharing a message !

Also love the culture and the folklore, like Yokai, and the shinobi, samurai Japan interested me a lot :smiley:

And the food… :heart_eyes: yes we all know what I’m talking about, right? Japanese food is so delicious !

I’d love to travel to Japan as soon as possible, it’s my dream destination :grin:

1 Like

Yes! Anyone ever read “Memoirs of a Geisha”?

I read and write Japanese and speak it, because my eldest brother is a hafu. :DD

2 Likes

I drew my cover manga style because I like the style.

1 Like

YAASSSS IM FROM KYOTO But I have taiwonese in me too because my dad is from taipei

1 Like

私もできる :smiley:

2 Likes

nah I’m Japanese and its not offensive its funny LOL

3 Likes

That’s great! Let’s be friends, haha! :DD I’m on laptop so I don’t have the Japanese keyboard on this urggghhhh

1 Like

Kyoto is so niceee! <3 I’d love to stay there. Tokyo is also nice but the people there intimidate me hahaha

1 Like

ok :smiley:

Yeah I love it too!!! I’ve only been there and Osaka but I wanna go to Tokyo one day cuz I love Tokyo!!!

1 Like