Any LGBT+ Writers Out There?

That’s basically what I do, very very dark LGBT Vampire romance.

Or dark enough to consistently get #3 on necrophilia anyway.

1 Like

Just started writing my first bxb story and I’m seriously feeling insecure and nervous about it only because it’s the first time I’m writing anything LGBT hah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, wow. That sounds really interesting!

Mines hard to explain, but its gay ahaha.

1 Like

Honestly, if you’ve written any kind of romance before, just treat it the same. It’s still above love and all that, so just stay true to the characters you write and it’ll be great!

1 Like

That’s not too bad for a story line. At least it’s not the “clueless secretary who falls for her boss’s sexual favors/advances and she pops out 10 kids later on”-story lines.

1 Like

Just treat it like a regular relationship and you’re good to go. Also: Sex in a relationship is a normal part of life. Don’t be afraid to embrace it.

My current wip is a LGBTQ+ romance. I have not uploaded it to Wattpad though

1 Like

This is a really cute story idea! Nice twist on the popular male boss romance trope.

1 Like

Yep! Just treat it normally and you’ll be fine!

Hmmm my WIP is about polyamory. The female mc is pansexual. So there is mfm and ff love scenes. The men in the story are hetero but in a minority relationship because they live with the female lead in a polyandry relationship. So while they do have sex as a group they don’t have sex with each other.

Oooo me! I’m writing a LGBTQ dystopian novel right now. I love seeing all the fresh new titles coming out. Such a nice change and growth for the book world.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks lol, I was trying to shake it up a bit.

That takes the fun out of things…

Yes, please do…

Before I die before this century is out, I would like to see writers try and at least be somewhat original with their story lines, rather than just sit their butts down, copy the last NYT’s Best Seller, slap a cute shipped couple in it, make their dogs the new emerging species of intelligent life forms on the planet, and call it the best thing since sliced bread.

2 Likes

Slightly less rare than aliens.

I agree. I like seeing all the LGBTQ books coming out (and they are cute as helllllo) but I need something new, something fresh. Boy meets boy, girl meets girl, drama (usually high school), parents or society can’t accept them, someone gets hurt, people grow and change, boy again meets boy or girl again meets girl, end scene. I tried to get away from this formula with my book (though mine is more of a satire on religion and society than actual love). That book call me by your name was good but it didn’t bring anything new for me.

3 Likes

I am both an LGBT+ author, and I write LGBT+ works. My current project features a lesbian protagonist and a pretty significant side character who is trans. A majority of my characters are, in at least some way, LGBT+. I’d love to connect more with other LGBT+ writers and read more works like that.

3 Likes

My upcoming Meteor Girl novel should interest you to a degree because it deals with a senior in high school who acquires a meteor crystal that gives her the ability to become a part-time super hero. On top of that, she has a lot of issues from dealing with a certain boy in class, trying to keep her lesbian friend from roping her into her usual sex games on a day to day basis, her own relationship issues and such with one of her best friends, and her obsessions over her ailing mother.

So it’s a lot like Girl Meets World and Heroes but with a twist.

I agree!