Anyone else from the small town Midwest, USA?

If so what region?

I’m from the Cincinnati area but I’m a country girl.

1 Like

I’m from a village in Ohio originally, but now I’m in the Toledo area, right on the Ohio-Michigan border

Was born and lived in a small Illinois town about three hours from Chicago for a number of years before moving to the suburbs of DC

So has any midwest slang showed up in your writing? Like pop instead of soda? I do it all the time lol

2 Likes

Howdy, fellow Cincy person. I grew up there before moving - in state then out of state. Even though I grew up closer to downtown, it was still a very small community feeling. Block parties, everything you needed within a 2-3 mile range, walking most places.

I had friends who were not from Ohio, so I can say for the regionalisms (especially pop!) those were quickly weeded out of my vocabulary.

is this the Ohio party

1 Like

Ohio, Indiana…same thing lol. I’m in Indiana about 30 minutes from ohio

1 Like

How long has it been since you had a bowl of skyline?

1 Like

I’m not a true Cincinnatian - I always hated the stuff! Now, some Graeter’s… and that’s been ages!

1 Like

This doesn’t answer your question but I am from the UK, never even heard of Midwest, USA. What is it near, I am guessing it in the Mid-West :joy:

1 Like

Northern Michigan :raising_hand_woman:t2:

Yes, from Ohio to Missouri I believe.

1 Like

Welcome fellow midwesterner!

1 Like

So does being in Missouri count me as a Midwestern? I’ve literally lived all over the state’s but MO is where I am currently.

1 Like

I’m not sure we might need to look at the definition. I always heard St. Louis Is the gateway to the west.

Found this…

The Midwest, as defined by the federal government, comprises the states of Illinois , Indiana , Iowa , Kansas , Michigan , Minnesota , Missouri , Nebraska , North Dakota , Ohio , South Dakota , and Wisconsin .

2 Likes

Here’s to IOWA where we have the best potatoes…aka I’m kidding…we are known for corn

1 Like

I’m from Ashtabula Ohio, (near Cleveland) but I live in Vine Grove Kentucky. I’ve gone from the Rustiest of the Rust Belt to the Bluegrass of Kentucky.

1 Like

Missouri here! Central to the state. I’m surprised to find other Missourians, that’s neat, I’ve never run into others before :smile:

2 Likes