Anyone else ignore any thread w/more than 100 responses?

These endless thousand-page threads with no layering or structure make it impossible to follow conversation.

4 Likes

Eh, sometimes the present conversation is simple, like theres just a few people going ‘hi,’ ‘hi’ ‘where do you live’ etc. That’s probably mostly revived threads though.

It’s true that new threads are more appealing though.

4 Likes

New threads are on topic, after about 100 replies, the topic at hand gets lost and they just become a place to chat about whatever for whatever reason

2 Likes

A lot of threads were always chat threads.

1 Like

But those conversations are so unsatisfying! It’s like being in an overcrowded AOL chatroom twenty years ago. Just an endless waterfall of “a/s/l?”

2 Likes

Agreed, and those I will go into still even if they are in the thousands. It is threads like this one, I am referring to.

1 Like

Well, when there’s just a question it makes sense for it to turn into a vapid chat eventually… XD

1 Like

LOLZ I have not seen a/s/l in so long… that is great!

1 Like

Hurray, another old person :grin:

1 Like

A lot of chats are identical, yeah… sigh… I like talking about specific things- that’s why I have a huge list of things i like in a google docs and try to find an opening to dump it- usually the response is more varied and interesting, since we’re actually talking about something breifly at least.

2 Likes

don’t remind me, I only have two more days of youth and then its another stone atop the scales of time… arrr I hate it!

2 Likes

Now that is an interesting Idea. I like that.

1 Like

I’m itching to move on with my life- just trying every day to spend all my time and get something fulfilling in is… I want to be earning money and making new memories…

Have you seen my list?

2 Likes

No, I don’t think so.

1 Like

Well… here you go. Heard of or a fan of anything on here?

Hello, I go by Iliana Sarigo. I like being philisophical, writing stories, reviewing video games and anime, singing, playing piano (not good enough to learn other peoples tunes tho) talking to myself, listening to music.

Fave anime: Code geass for action, violet evergarden for tears, saiki k for laughs.
Also like angel beats, gundam anime, tatami galaxy, tiger and bunny, princess tutu, kill la kill, punch line, hunterxhunter, yuyu hakusho, love chunibyou and other delusions, and more I can’t recall.

Fave manga: Yona of the dawn, nichijou, idk. Manga I like: voice over, actually I am, the pokemon adventures manga, skip beat, grand blue, blue exorcist, soul eater, etc.

Authors I like: Diana wynne jones, Robin hobb, robin mckinley, jonathon stroud, tui t sutherland, gail carson levine, and more I can’t recall.

I like pixar movies (watched cars, toy story 1, and finding nemo), ghibli movies (watched spirited away, my neighbor totoro and one with an anthropomorphic cat but without subtitles.) and disney movies (frozen, snow white, cinderella, bolt, etc) and the like three 2d animated dreamworks films, I think there might have been one I didn’t see.

Video games: Drawn to life, final fantasy nine, pokemon mystery dungeon even though the gameplay isn’t great, Kirby airride, kirby mass attack, super star ultra, canvas curse, nightmare in dreamland, and kirbys dreamland. Tales of symphonia, the abyss, and graces. Zelda oracle of seasons and ages, zelda spirit tracks, chocobos dungeon 2, chocobo racing.

Music I like: things by Uverworld, Lunasa, solas, dempagumi inc., fear and loathing in las vegas, Lia, etc etc. There’s just too much of it. I also like video game soundtracks, ff9 and tales of symphonia, drawn to life, I also listen to some anime soundtracks like voilet evergardens, but again theres just too much of it to name.

Youtubers I watch: Nigahiga, draw with Jazza, Moonkitti, roger van der wilde, raon lee, eve, musicalbasics, thepedanticromantic, digibro, overlysarcasticproductions, terrible writing advice, austinmconell, the company man, Jaidenanimations, theoddonesout, Petragrey, etc.
That’s a summary.

2 Likes

nice. My son would probably know what most of that is. I am a bit old for alot of what is there.

2 Likes

Maybe I should write a list like that… although I tend to hyperobssess, so my current list would just be, like, “JOHN MULANEY AND NICK KROLL AND IMPROV AAARGGGH”

2 Likes

Same. I grew up in the 80s, my tastes are old and stale

2 Likes

yeah… a few things have been around for longer than me, even, and most of it isn’t that old.

What are you into nowadays, then?

1 Like

Hmmmm Define grew up in the 80s. what ages were you in the 80s.

1 Like