Anyone over 35 there? Third edition

discussion

I have more bourbon, just not the good stuff. I’ll have to wait until next weekend when I get paid to but more of that.

I have my whiskies divided along much the same lines: good whisk(e)y, whisk(e)y for drinking and whisk(e)y for putting into my tea.

I put my Kindle and Nook in a plastic ziplock bag, it keeps them safe from slips.

Should be alright if you’re using the non-touchscreen Kindle. Mine still has the five buttons.

What’s a really good bourbon? Mum usually has a bottle of Maker’s Mark about, but I don’t fancy it. We have some back-of-the-cabinet single-malts for special occasions: Kilchoman and Edradour at present.

I also like some Irish whiskey occasionally—just finished a bottle of Writer’s Tears and am trying one called 2 Gingers which costs less than plain old Bushmill’s. In Ireland, the top brands seem to be Powers and Paddy.

Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are made by the same people who make Pappy Van Winkle. Buffalo Trace is a bargain price for what you get.

Blanton’s Bourbon is the same blend as Pappy, just much MUCH younger.

It depends on how much oak you want to taste. There are some bourbons that couldn’t be more oaky if you ate the bark off a tree. Williet is VERY oaky.

I’m in Kentucky and worked in a Liquor store for a year. Used to sell a LOT of bourbon. I just don’t drink it.

I’ve seen Buffalo Trace in the local shops. I’m not even sure of the best way to taste it.

Neat? With a dash of water? Over ice? In a highball?

I like most whiskies neat, with a dash of cold water (makes 'em all swirly-whirly). I think the mixing process enhances the aromatic quality.

The usual is always good.

They drink a lot of Mint Juleps around here, especially in the spring.

Saw the image. Thanks.

Never tasted a mint julep. It’s got sugar in it?

Hmm let’s see:

Ingredients: 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar, 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey, 2 teaspoons Water, 4 Mint leaves

Preparation: In a highball glass gently muddle the mint, sugar and water. Fill the glass with cracked ice, add Bourbon and stir well until the glass is well frosted. Garnish with a mint sprig.

Served: On the rocks; poured over ice

Standard garnish: Mint sprig

Drinkware: Highball glass

I’m a fan of Evan Williams bourbon. I usually drink it with an ice cube. Their 1783 is really nice as well.

We sold a LOT of the Peach and the Cherry in the fall, and even more of the Honey during Flu Season.

I stick with the unflavored. I can’t do sweet stuff. Never could. Speaking of bourbon, I need another one before I finish this scene. I’m trying to decide how my protagonist is going to deal with some wanna be bullies.

Sounds a bit sweet for me. Besides, there won’t be any mint around here 'til July or so. Guess I’ll have to wait.

Been out watching the lunar eclipse: total for another twenty minutes or so.

“In another source, we find the wolf who will consume the moon called by the name of “Moon-
garm”( Mánagarmr).[6] Thus, the moon-eating wolf, who is elsewhere called [Hati]
(https://norse-mythology.org/skoll-hati/) (“Hatred”) could be another extension of Fenrir –
or at least of Garm, if Garm is not himself an extension of Fenrir.”

I was just out looking at the moon. That was really really cool.

No moon here. There was too much cloud.

We got lucky and the clouds left just at the right time.

Same here… sky closed ten minutes before the blood moon. And the worst is, it opened up mid morning and is still clear…

Photos of distant objects in low light don’t turn out well.

But you can see it’s red. Here’s one as it started to light up again.

12°F/-11°C this morning. Wished I’d taken a camera when I walked the dog. There was a band of 15-16 deer just across the road. So pretty!