Anyone posting their comics here?

Yeah, working with someone on a comic seems like it’d be hard.

2 Likes

Yea the one I was wanting to do I started in 2011 (after I wrote Mechanic Slave) and I only just yesterday finally put an ending on it.

So I think I decided to just draw my own stuff for now.

Consider that I’ve only written for 11 years, you get the idea.

1 Like

Yep, drawing your own stuff really is the way to go for me I’m trying to learn how to draw backgrounds.

1 Like

I wonder if my experience was common, I chalked the stalling to just writing Seinin drama when others were wanting Gag A Day Shojo.

6 years is a long time to stall on a graphic novel. Even factoring in the length of time it takes to pitch to an agent, even that is blessingly short.

The prequel was comparably a breeze, finishing it in 3 weeks for the first 5,000 words. And four more for the next 15,000 words.

1 Like

It’s called Block-Party. I’m not able to post a link for some reason, but it’s also at rantscomics. It hasn’t been updated in a while, though.

1 Like

Ooh! Awesome! I’ll check it out!

I like the community, though I haven’t updated there in a while.

I am actually thinking about porting a second series of mine here, but it is a comic strip rather than an narrative, so I do not know how it would do.

I want to see if the fictional natural and literary language I’m creating will actually carry over into comics: it’s basically French and Japanese. Written as an expression of allegiance and alliance to both languages, but more heavily French inflected and uses Marine/Ocean based references in its language.

Ex. La bateau, c’est regarde avec la baleine. C’est ne tempura pas en la umi.

Japanese is barely present in that example of course.

Hi, I had to edit your post slightly, as links are not allowed outside the SYS threads. I also moved this into the Random Club, as you are discussing a specific genre rather than the clubs per se. We don’t have a comic category, this is why I chose Random.

Thank you for your understanding,

Lina - Community Ambassador

I like to make my comic for fun. The story I’m working on is called Rainbow Love;

Hi there,
I had to remove your post since advertising is only allowed in the SYS and Story Services Clubs. Advertising means your cover - if you just posted the graphic it would be okay.
Sorry…

Best,
Lina