Anyone Writing Historical Novels with Islam?

I’ve started reading a brief textbook about the history of Islam and some notable figures, and I’m really in love with how rich and complex things were. Is anyone writing these types of stories???

I would literally pay to read stuff about Mehmet II’s battle with Vlad the Impaler, or the Italian merchants who printed the first Qur’an. Or the tale of Chinese Muslim sailors who were stranded off the coast of Kenya. Or about Moorish Spain. Or the criticism of the Armenian genocide.

2 Likes

In published work, Lions of AlRassan is a great book.

Ooh thank you for that suggestion!!

1 Like

I am writing a historical novel that takes place during WW1 in Egypt, Palestine, and Syria. It references a lot of history from the 10th - 14th century Middle East. Saladin, Sinan, Baybars, etc.

My main character was inspired by Sir Richard Burton’s trek to Mecca and wanted to follow in his footsteps, but the war broke out. He learned Arabic and became a reporter for a London paper and a spy.

My novel is in 5 parts (30k words each part) - completed but in draft form.
I am currently posting part 1 on Wattpad - if you care to read it.

1 Like

Not on Wattpad, but I just read the novel The Bird King which is like magical realism historical fiction. It was amazing.

hey yeah!! what’s the title of your story! would love to give it a read

Hey there!! I have a novel based on a true story … yes it is a Muslim story which has been set in the 1947 are

My book is about to hit the press.

Destiny’s War Part 1: Saladin’s Secret

http://destinyswar.com/

Dammm!! U r one writer!! WHat the actual hel?!!?!? XDD

Hi—or Salaam, newbie here :slight_smile:

Islam is the central religion and culture in my novel. I’m pretty much writing what I’d like to read.

Yep. It’s set in 7th-8th century, and focuses on the rise of Islam in Arabia and the subsequent expansion of the Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates.

Sounds cool, donjave any of it published online?

1 Like

Hello! :smile:

Alas, I’m going to have to remove your comment. Asking people read your story, and/or providing a link, is considered self-advertising and is against Club Guidelines

If you would like feedback on your story, feel free to have a look at the Story Services club :smile:

You can also share your story in the Share a Story Club :smile:

Thank you for understanding!

Hollie - Community Ambassador :azanthiel: