I’m an avid reader and writer of apocalyptic stories, and I’m looking to create a reading list with some of them. I’ve got a couple of criteria, so if your story mostly matches what I’m looking for, then go ahead and post it down here:
What I’m looking for:
- Any type of apocalyptic scenario (Nuclear warfare, climate change disaster, earthquakes + volcanoes, etc.) But I’m more interested in pandemics (and especially zombie ones).
- Some emphasis on survival, though the more hardcore, the better.
- Sub-genres of romance, teen fiction, and horror are alright.
- Preferably from authors that have under 5k views, though I’m fine if you or your suggestions are over them.
- Preferably a more slow-burn plot.
- Mature content is alright.
What I’m not looking for:
- No fantasy. No offense to fantasy writers, but fantasy is a genre that doesn’t interest me at all, so I’d prefer if the fantasy elements are kept to none.
- No high-tech futuristic society. I’m a bit more lenient on this if it is for nuclear warfare or climate change, but I’d prefer to keep the hard-core sci-fi elements to a minimum.
- Aliens. I’m okay with alien stories, but I prefer it to be stories about people with aliens in the backdrop.
- Comedy. It’s usually a hit or miss genre for me, and I’m a bit hesitant to read comedy-apocalypse, but I’m open to checking out your book if it has some comedic-elements.