Are the badges broken?

I was fooling around with badges the other day, and while some of them seem to be automatic, others–not so much. I wasn’t trying for cryptic ones at all like the mysterious goat one :goat: @nick seems to be in charge of. (see what I did there?)

But I mean ones such as the ‘share’ badge. It should be easy to get the badge–just use the share button on a thread or reply to share the topic. Unfortunately, sharing no matter what you send out, doesn’t seem to work.

Neither does “First link” and I’m guessing a couple of others. These shouldn’t be hard to get, but they are, and its been a full day so I’m not sure if it being delayed is the problem.

4 Likes

I don’t know a few days ago I got the “quote” badge, yet that was a few days ago.

A lot of things are broken on wattpad and wattpad community. People complained about demographics not working maybe a week ago.

I’m guessing wattpad plans on updating the website soon, seeing how many glitches and bugs are happening.

My advice: don’t worry it will be fixed.

4 Likes

The badges must be really slow. They just popped for me.

Well, I have received the “Nice Reply” badge 4 times in the past week so…who knows

2 Likes

I got the empathetic badge ten minutes ago. It’s been months since I got a badge and I thought they were broken until now.

You have been awarded “Badge of the Broken.”

Please proceed to glitchpad to collect your badge. XD

3 Likes

glitchpad sounds like a good site.

3 Likes

The badge depends on the quality of your post usually. The higher the quality, the more people who are likely to like it. I believe you have to receive ten likes on a post in order to receive that badge.

1 Like

funny thing is that i already did? like I’ve done alot of badges but I didn’t get them. that’s why i thought they were broken.

1 Like

Maybe it’s from typing in all italics? XD

1 Like

oh, italics don’t count? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@FantasybkLover To receive empathetic? You have to like 1000 posts and have 500 liked posts per the description here:
https://www.wattpadwriters.com/badges/39/empathetic

@Sam_le_fou You’ll get that badge every time one of your responses qualifies, so you can get it multiple times for multiple posts.

@AndreaKuska I don’t know this for sure, but it could be that the forums are lagging. We had issues with lagging notifications a day or two ago, and I’ve had badges lag in the past. How long has it been going on?

7 Likes

I’m tempted to write like this here until you don’t use italics. XD

on my dead italics

1 Like

That’s annoying as heck

It lagged for just over 24 hours. That’s some lag! I don’t really mind as the badges are just fun, but if the lag is that bad, you may never know what you did to get an obscure badge.

I didn’t even notice the badges until I saw this post.

Honestly I’m just here for the goat. How does one obtained it? :weary:

@_Nash_ida How do you got the badge First Share?

@Gleci2 You have to share someone’s post with people. Click on the chain button beside the reply and choose from the menu.