Are there any Christian writers on Wattpad?

Hi! I’m June and I’m a Christian writer . . . I’m interested in just talking or whatever!

:wave:
I’m Cora. You’ll find quite a few Christian writers around here (like me!). How are you?

4 Likes

I’m good! You?

1 Like

I’m alright. So, where are you from? (You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to)

How Christian are you in your writing? I try to let my faith show through my stories

1 Like

I’m from Pittsburgh, PA

1 Like

You?

1 Like

It depends. I haven’t gotten very far in some of my books, but the big thing I do, is that I try not to swear in them.

Central Minnesota

I’m a Christian!

2 Likes

Cool! How do you reflect your faith on your writing?

It kinda just happens. I guess automatically in my mind I feel that my main characters are Christians and that’s that. I also don’t have much cussing in my stories at all.

3 Likes

Heyo! I’m not Christian, but I’ve always wondered about Christianity and LGBTQ+ writing. I know that homophobic and Christian aren’t interchangeable terms, but I feel like it’s still an interesting topic. I’m not here to argue with anyone

2 Likes

Ha ha, you already know me a bit, but I thought I’d put myself here for others - I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I don’t write stories concerning the church or its members - the general public is uninterested in that - but I do like to inject religious symbolism and themes in my stories, like trusting in deities.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool–kind of like symbolism on a deeper level, huh?

1 Like

Yes, Brandon Sanderson does this, and Orson Scott Card a bit as well.
For most readers, they’ll just think, oh this is interesting, but for me, I immediately see where they’re drawing from church doctrine :smile:

Sanderson does it really well, but Orson Scott Card wears it a bit too obviously…

2 Likes

I get it. I know it’s a touchy topic that we probably shouldn’t do a lot of speaking-about here, as it could easily start an argument . . . but I do wonder how God feels about the agenda, especially when it’s combined with Christian beliefs. Personally I’m not in favor of it, but like you said, I don’t want to cause an argument and I won’t be all mad at you if we have different beliefs :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve not heard of Orson Scott Card . . . I do like Sanderson though

2 Likes

Orson Scott Card is primarily Sci-Fi. He write the massive success Ender’s Game, and is a relatively decent author.

But I find him a much better Latter-day Saint author than Stephanie Meyer and Twilight. The ideas of romance expressed in it have made our church look bad, because people think we teach that sort of thing; minus the fantastic elements of course.

2 Likes

Yeah. I really liked the storyline in Pullman’s His Dark Materials . . . until I realized who “He” was. That series really puts shame to the Christians and the Church.

1 Like

Hey. I’m Christian and I definitely include LGBTQ+ characters in my story. In my mind God loves the world, and I write stories that reflect that.

4 Likes