Are you a struggling writer? | Enter here for advice, encouragement, or to vent! | V-23

RULES: Please follow the regular guidelines posted and DO NOT SEND ANYONE IN THIS THREAD READING REQUESTS VIA PM OR ANYWHERE ELSE! DON’T POST STORY LINKS HERE OR ASK OTHERS TO READ YOUR BOOK, IT VIOLATES THE WATTPAD COMMUNITY RULES AND YOU CAN/WILL GET REPORTED!

this thread is for ranting, raving and most importantly, asking questions about how to improve your writing and stories, read requests are not only annoying but will also get you reported!

THE REGULARS (let me know if I left someone out or if you want to be added to or taken off the list, I basically go through the last five pages and add everyone so there’s bound to be a mistake xD): @spicy_sweets @fluffypuff_IV @Amethyst_Rain @KanishmaRay @diagunner @Everleigh_ @Mattchew07 @TimeJourney @gllaurich @NatashaSantangelo @ShinomiyaDR @bobbelcher @DarknessArise @FlightlessTales

Yay! I missed this place!

Me too! I was so lonely!

1 Like

Anyone else here?

me!

Vent time:
I have no idea how to write scripts but that’s want I want to do an I have no idea whether my writing will ever be good enough or not because I don’t real have a plan or anything and basically really want to just be a writer even though I’ll probably never be able to also I want to create superheros but I can’t get that on the silver screen if they’re not comic character sand also the whole I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M DOING AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT YEARS FOR A DEGREE AND ALL THAT because this is a business and I can’t rely on just… having it happen.
Also how the HELL am I suppose to write stuff for long period of time and keep an interest because like I do have one it’s just what I’m writing at the moment doesn’t have all that much of a plot so AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

Practice makes perfect and try to meet people in the field and also buy books on script writing.

It’s not easy, but nothing in life that’s worth doing is going to ever be easy.

This is true
Thank you :slight_smile:

No worries and thank you for stopping by, please feel free to come back anytime you want :slight_smile:
Don’t be a stranger!

Onine resources are your friend if you want to do screenwriting. You don’t need to have a degree in it. Practice, practice, practice. Read other screenplays, watch videos of screenwriters and their experiences, and continue expanding your knowledge on how to do it. I would recommend looking at ‘Film Courage’ on YouTube. They interview a ton of industry professionals, and a few of them are screenwriters. I’ve learnt plenty from watching their videos.

With regarding whether or not your writing will be good enough: Keep writing! The first drafts will most likely be very bad, but that’s how everyone starts. From there, you can build, understand your strengths and weaknesses, and continue forward.

When it comes to writing for a long period of time, you need to discipline yourself into a routine that suits you. Writing a couple of hours a day at a set time is what I suggest. Even if you write a few sentences, or a few pages, you’ve still progressed further.

Also, write what you love. Write something you’re invested in. You’re much more likely to continue writing when you’re attached to something, whether that be the plot, characters, or another element. It’s rather obvious when reading something whether or not the writer actually cared about it.

And, perhaps the most important piece of advice: Don’t give up!

2 Likes

Good advice!

This is so helpful! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Thank you! I will

Thank you! I’m a film student, so I relate to the struggle, haha.

Not a problem! Good luck with your writing!

I’m finally writing again! Argh it’s been so long of a struggle.

2 Likes

It’s the same with me! I only started writing again a few days ago after a hiatus of about 10 months.

It feels good, doesn’t it? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes it does! I’m finally over a plot lump.

1 Like

Way to go!!

1 Like

Thanks, haha. Hubby and I have been talking about the story almost nonstop but there was something that we just couldn’t tie between the universes/realms and I finally thought of it today. Now, only to outline before November…

2 Likes