Ask the Ambassadors Anything!

Hi - ‘Share Your Story Here’ threads in which you’re not actually offering to read others’ stories aren’t allowed anywhere in the forums.

If you’d like you request specific types of stories for yourself to read you can make a thread in #share-your-story:story-requests, however your request must be specific (e.g. ‘I want to read Dramione fanfiction’) and you should make it clear you personally are intending to read others’ stories suggested in the thread.

You also can’t advertise your own story in your own story requests thread :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not a question for ambassadors as such, more for everyone and you guys are vets here.
What do people think to being tagged in comments for competitions etc on contest story things?
I’m constantly tagged on Wattpad, which I don’t mind, when people are asked to tag 5 other people on the site in order to enter.
I’d like to try these contests or services myself, but I don’t want to feel like I’m bothering people on the platform by tagging them. Do other people generally mind these tags or is it mostly disliked?

2 Likes

I think it depends largely on the person. Like personally, I don’t mind being tagged if we’ve talked before and you just need to tag 5 people in order for you to be entered into some contest or award.
But including me in a mass tag for something possibly super random and doing in repeatedly, will probably annoy me and I might consider muting that user if it keeps happening.

3 Likes

I’m not really a fan because most of the time I’m tagged in something I’m not remotely interested in. I would definitely prefer if someone came to me and said “hey, I need to tag X amount of people in such and such. Would you mind if I include you?” then I can give my consent even if I know I won’t follow through on whatever I’m tagged in. I’d much rather be politely asked as opposed to be spam tagged.

3 Likes

Hi! I was just over at a thread explaining the steps to being featured as a paid story. While reading, I noticed a dozen or so qualities Wattpad is looking for in books they feature. Are these qualities necessary for discovery or merely suggestions/ what’s currently trending?

Thanks, Charlotte <3

1 Like

Hi! I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to this - I’d recommend asking any questions around selection of paid stories/ their requirements direct to HQ in this thread Requirements for Paid Stories :wink:

3 Likes

I’m getting extremely irked by it at this point. I’m getting quite spammed and at one point someone tagged me ten times. Like, please at least ask? I’ve taken to writing in my bio I don’t wanna be tagged because it’s becoming a problem for me. It’s flooding my notifications and I don’t wanna end up on another taglist. I’ve been on one where I and about 100 other people were tagged relentlessly for a week. Shit got super annoying.

So please, ask someone before you tag them.

4 Likes

Feel free to tag me for contests anytime.

3 Likes

To me I don’t mind being tagged, just don’t care but wishing luck on the user in contest or book clubs

2 Likes

This is probably a dumb question but I’m using my smartphone instead of a computer and cant figure out where the link to my story is so I can share it on a thread? I tried to see if this has been asked already but couldnt find it! Thank you!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Do you by chance know the name of the app for the forums? I had it downloaded on my phone before deleting it about a month or so ago. Now I can’t remember the name of it

1 Like

Hi! It’s called Discourse :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

No problem :blush:

2 Likes

actually I have just started writing a story but I don’t know how I can get people to read it is there some kind of way

1 Like

Hey there, you could have a look here. Hope it helps.

How to get reads :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Thank you I really feel dumb now lol I appreciate your help!

2 Likes

HELP! My account has been deleted and support is ghosting me!

Trying to make this short because it‘s only a matter of time for this account to be deleted too.

My account and everything with it has been deleted without any kind of warning! I received an email from Wattpad telling me my account has been deleted and that I violated the rules.

They never said which rule and when/which story, they just gave me a bunch of links to my deleted stories, which is absolutly useless. Also, I‘ve never been warned, so this happened completly out of the blue.

I‘ve created a new account to contact support and the ambassadors. Both did not reply to me – instead they deleted that account too, which made me lose access to my submitted ticket. They have my email and can contact me with it, but I highly doubt they will. I don‘t know what else I could do. Please help me.

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I am out of options!!!

1 Like

Hey there!

The only way to get help with your account is to communicate directly with Wattpad through a ticket. You don’t need an account to submit a ticket and you can ask them which rule you’ve broken. You can submit a ticket here https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us

Katherine - Community ambassador

3 Likes