Ask the Ambassadors Anything!

Is it ok to talk about gore videos on the forums? Or names of videos that contain gore, murder, violence and blood? These things are disgusting so, i am worried they might be against the rules on forums.

1 Like

Can we share a discord link in a forum?

1 Like

Hi Ambassadors! I’ve seen that some Wattpadders are able to put a hyperlink (not external link) in their story on the offical Wattpad website/app, yet I can’t. Why is that so?

1 Like

Hey! I’m not an ambassador or anything but I think I’ve seen this be answered a while back and no, I do not believe you can drop discord links here.

Don’t quote me though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

thanks minx!

2 Likes

It depends what the purpose of the server is. If it’s a Wattpad-based server primarily for improving writing and not a general chat server, that’s okay, but only in the #story-services section. If it’s a general chat server, that’s not allowed. For better clarification, you can find out the types of links allowed here: Offsite Links: Allowed or Not Allowed?

2 Likes

Hi! If you’re referring to the ambassador-run profiles I believe they have something which allows them to use hyperlinks in chapters, but I’m not sure if it’s possible in more general terms :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello. I need to report a user who is being a repeat bully to another user. This is the second time my thread has gotten shut down over this person. Can I please speak to an Ambassador?

1 Like

Is there an Ambassador around?

1 Like

Hi, I have a question. Do you have to have a completed story with 40k words to become a star?

2 Likes

You can read the thread here Wattpad Stars program AMA with Samantha

Maybe there might be an answer to the question.

1 Like

Hey, is there a way to remove the 10k-th posts, reopen the thread, let the OP have their final post like they should have and re-close it?

1 Like

No, we can’t. And please don’t spread hostility in the forums. That person doesn’t seem to understand there was a ‘rule’ and that they were doing anything wrong. I will remove the portion of your post where you’ve called them out.

5 Likes

Hey, just a question. if you, were reading a story and the characters were from a diff. culture but, the story was written in eng. however, there was another language written on the bottom. like subtitles. when you’re watching a Korean drama and there are eng subtitles.
but in this case, the story is in eng. but underneath the words is some Korean as well.
how would you feel? would it be annoying? or ok?
im so confused… omg… please help!!! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi there!

I have a question about what category my future thread would go into. It’s an event that @TeamOfDreams is hosting and the thread would include an explanation of the event, including a link to the event book at the end of the post for participants to submit the requested info when they finished a goal. Would this go in SYS or Writing Contests and Competitions? Or something else entirely?

Thank you ^o^

2 Likes

I have a question.

If your Wattpad account gets closed for breaking a rule, it can’t get reopened or brought back, right?
My previous account (post #1301) was closed for harassment and i couldn’t bring it back.

I am so sorry for being rude on the forums and Wattpad. But i can’t bring my account back if Wattpad closed it, not me? I know that if i closed it, i can get it back though.

Sorry for confusing question.

2 Likes

It’s something you’d have to take up with Trust and Safety, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Hmm?

2 Likes

you’ll need to submit a ticket to the Support team please. You can do that here - https://support.wattpad.com/ Thanks

3 Likes

Is the event in a Wattpad story on the profile? If so, do you mind if I ask the name of it? I think Story Services could be the right area, but I’m trying to work out the subcategory it’d fit into :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes