At what age did you create a written story for the first time?

Just tell me your experience as a writer since the first moment you realized you could create written things.

I could read and write before I was 5 years old, and since I had the ability if reading I read all I could (as a child). I remember the first time I wrote something I was in 6th grade, I was a 11 years old kid. I wrote for the Spanish class (Spanish is my first tongue) it was just a paragraph I can’t remember the topic, but I do remember the teacher read it outloud for the rest of the kids cause it was good. Since then I started writing things, mostly inspired in the books I read. But never showed them to anyone.
Poe and Lovecraft back then were my inspiration. I know is a bit dark for a kid, but my mom didn’t know and I loved them. ;))

I was 6 when I wrote my first story about the trials of three sisters after their father’s death( ironically, the title was Three Sisters). The laptop, unfortunately got stolen and there was no backup.
I focused on arts for many years after that but came back to writing when I was 13. The book is an incomplete draft that I saved somewhere in the computer. I have fun reading through it and refurbishing it once in a while.
I get inspired from the songs I listen to, my dreams, my conversations, the environment I find myself in, other books I read…I’d say anything could be an inspiration for me.

4 Likes

Woww is so sad you lost your laptop back then. But is cool you didn’t lose your live for writing. And sane for me, after a while writing I get inspired for music, pictures feelings. And sometimes nothing at all. I hate when I get blocked
:persevere:

1 Like

Same here. I love thinking if new things and well, I never stop thinking.

1 Like

I guess that’s why we write. :))

I think I started reading novels when I was 10 years old but writing came much later. I was 14 when I wrote the trashiest book of all time. A lot happened in the coming years and suddenly I felt this urge to write everything down and it turned out pretty well (less trashy).

3 Likes

I’d say we write because we have many stories in our heads that the world needs to hear. Writing for me is breaking free from the bondage of reality and expressing myself through the eyes of my surreal world.

2 Likes

That’s really unfortunate.
Music is my inspiration. Nothing inspires me like good music.

1 Like

Writing is an exercise. The more you do it, the better you get.

2 Likes

This should be a quote and I want it on my wall.

2 Likes

Same here. I download every single song that can inspire me.

2 Likes

Very true. You can only get better with practice.

2 Likes

Really?

1 Like

Yes. I’m serious.

1 Like

I’ve never seen that statement as anything. It’s the same stuff I write on my notepad and tell everyone.

2 Likes

Life always influences what we write. And I do have done a lot of trashy things before, and not always can bring something good from them, but it helps me to feel better.
Writing helps my soul to release emotions.

2 Likes

It is really inspirational.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

8 years old. It was a portal fantasy/Chronicles of Narnia rip-off.

4 Likes

I agree. I write for myself because it makes me feel better.

2 Likes