Besides the obvious reasons what made you write/read in wattpad?

Besides liking to write or to read what were your main drivers to join the community? Just curious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Inertia, I guess :joy: I was writing on another website before joining WP, and after that website closed, I searched for a new one :stuck_out_tongue: Even now, I wonder why I keep writing online :thinking:

1 Like

I love the engagement! Wattpad allows me to get to know my readers and to receive feedback, so I can grow and become a better writer. I haven’t come across that on any other website (yet).

2 Likes

The font. I actually like the large font and readability of wattpad. It’s just cozy and comfortable in a way. It’s one of the reasons I started reading on wattpad, then later writing on here.

1 Like

I initially came to Wattpad to hunt down a plagiarist who had stolen my story and posted it on Wattpad. Then I found out that I liked it here, met lovely people and I decided to stay :smiley:

3 Likes

Wattpad has the largest collection of free stories with varied genres. Haven’t come across so many published stories on any site world-wide :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel you. I haven’t tried other websites but for me writing online is all about quick and easy engagement

1 Like

What made you start writing?

Sorry to hear about the plagiarism story, hope it turned out ok. Where did you write before?

1 Like

Do you only read or do you also write?

1 Like

I do both. I’m a reader first and then a writer :slight_smile:

1 Like

The community. It’s all the community. I love participating in it because it’s so incredibly supportive. I don’t know where I’d be writing-wise without Wattpad :sparkles:

2 Likes

Yes, it turned out ok. I started on Ao3, then my story got stolen and posted on Fanficiton.net and Wattpad, so I made accounts on both sites. Now I am most active here, although I keep my accounts on ff.net, Ao3 and I have accounts also on Quotev and Inkitt, but those have almost no activity.
I prefer Wattpad, because of the social aspect :smiley:

2 Likes

I was looking for a new site I could share my writing on. When I first joined, I didnt know about the community aspect, or the forums, it was mostly a place to host my story that I then shared with friends.

I used to share the fanfic I wrote on Tumblr, but after the great moral panic, that site died, so. Here I am.

1 Like

When I was a kid I liked writing because it was comforting and relaxing. I have other interests but, I still like writing sometimes. So that’s what really made me start writing on wattpad - I wanted a space where I could write and publish something whenever I wanted to (mostly when I’m procrastinating). And if someone enjoys what I write for fun whilst I’m procrastinating, that’s an added bonus :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, the font clicked with me and I guess pulled me towards wattpad moreso than another fiction publishing site like fictionpress or something. (I do not like fictionpress’ aesthetic lol)

What about you? What made you start reading and writing on wattpad? The big reasons and the not so obvious? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Years ago, I was writing on another platform and eventually stopped it (I believe I was focusing more on fan accounts back then)… anyway, I missed this. Someone told me about Wattpad and at first I didn’t think I would really use it. Then, I started sharing my stories and I’m mostly here to keep on improving my writing style.

1 Like

It seems like most websites aren’t as active and that this is the best shot to get exposure I guess.

1 Like

Because my friend told me to lmao

In all honesty, I thought I was the bee’s knees at writing when I first started out and wanted to share the world my so-called awesome stories.

1 Like

I haver Always liked to write but I feel like writing in this kind of websites has a more direct gratification and motivates me more than trying to write a book for years that no one will read because no editor would pick it up…
About wattpad I saw that movie called after that was based on a story written here so that is why. I didn’t know any other

1 Like

Camaraderie among the older (>35) writers. We’re a smallish group, compared to the youngsters, but people are incredibly supportive of each other.

1 Like