Best life advice you've ever gotten?

“Don’t be embarrassed if you’re not doing anything wrong.”

2 Likes

that really hit home not gonna lie.

1 Like

Things are only embarrassing if you act as if they were

2 Likes

I got this from a book, and I think about it whenever I’m considering giving up on something:

“Not cowards. No backing down. Brave until the end. A pact.”

1 Like

I have to keep that in mind since I’m a major coward

1 Like

You should. It helps me so much.

1 Like

Also: You can’t be brave without being afraid. Brave people are always afraid but they do it anyway. That’s what makes them brave.

3 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

My mom told me “Nothing is free in life.”
To me that means I have to work and earn things. Growing up I was never given an allowance, if I needed a bra I needed to work to earn the money and buy it. Honestly that has stuck with me.

1 Like

Reminds me of the lion king when Mufasa was telling Simba he was afraid

1 Like

I’ve been living by that bit of advice for decades now and, let me tell you, living a life without embarrassment has made it possible to do the things I’ve really wanted. That doesn’t mean I’ve never had to apologize or that I don’t have to think about other people’s feelings. It just means not to be afraid of chasing after what I want and not having to explain to anyone why I want what I want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is really liberating. Just going after what you want without caring about anything.

1 Like

that life just happens. and to never be upset about what happens in it because its just going to go on and on, and theres nothing you can do to change it

2 Likes

From Mother Teresa
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is all between you and God;

It was never between you and them anyway.”

I’m an atheist but the intent of this hits me hard. In the end it’s about what you’ve really done for good

1 Like

always ALWAYS listen and go with your gut feeling.

1 Like

This sounds lame but hear me out: I care WAY TOO MUCH about what ppl think. It like cripples me and stops me from doing so many things simply because of the opinions of others. Like I value what everyone else has to say over what I want so much, that sometimes I just sit around (it’s lame, I know). Even on Wattpad, I’m scared to write a full on story because ppl are so judgemental, critical, and picky about genres. Everything someone has an opinion on, you bet your bottom dollar that it affects me. So I looked up advice online about how to handle other people’s opinions and stuff and someone said this quote:

“You are not that important. Nothing matters, no one belongs anywhere. Enjoy your life.”

It sounds lame, and maybe depressing at first, but like it makes me feel a bit freer. I feel less self-conscious about my choices and decisions because, at the end of the day, it’s my life. I’m the only one that’s going to experience my own misery brought on because I internalized the opinions of others. So, in conclusion, you do you. idk. Food for thought. (Thank you Reddit person who said this lol)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I love this, and literally just put it into my quote folder in my computer.

1 Like

Another one: Sometimes what we need is hidden in what we fear.

1 Like

“Yes, life does get better, but not if you sit there drowning in depression. A while is okay, but then you gotta get up and fight.”

Oh and also

“The opinion that is the most popular is the opinion being promoted by those in high status. Think for yourself. Do your research. Make your own judgements. Don’t get swept away alongside the majority.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.