Beta Reader Needed For Romance/Mystery Novel (PAYMENT INC)

Hello fellow Wattpadders! I am super excited to be finished with my first full length novel, and now I am looking for a few Beta Readers to let me know what works about the story and what doesn’t! Below I will list out what I’m looking for and what payment I’m offering, but first, here’s the story and what it’s about:

||COMPLETE||

Amber Blake hates Carter Hayes - at least, that’s what she tells herself.

She has since the day he walked out of her life after a falling out with her best friend, Mark. Close since childhood, Mark urges her to forget about the friend they once had, but when a confrontation brings the trio’s years-long tension to a head, the aftermath has Amber wishing she could forget her life completely.

As they always say, careful what you wish for.

Next thing Amber knows, she’s waking up in an unfamiliar bed, in an unknown city, staring at a stranger in the mirror. She’s aged ten years overnight, and even crazier, she’s married - to Carter Hayes.

Haunted by memories of the boy she knew, Amber struggles to see him for the man he is now. But when strange visions suggest a way to fix tragic mistakes from their past, and with Mark nowhere to be found, she’ll need to trust Carter more than ever.

Someone’s life depends on it.

What I’m looking for:

-Story/plot development: How much does the story engage you? Are you invested in the characters and what happens? Are there any major plot holes or things that don’t make sense?

-Character Devlopment: and overall, how do you feel about the characters? Are you invested in what happens to the MC? I’d also love any comments on favorite characters as well!

-Overall Enjoyment: most importantly, do you like the story? Is its structure engaging? I would love any and all reaction comments. The more I know about how people feel when reading, the better I can edit.

I am expecting you as a Beta Reader to finish the book in its entirety. If you cannot commit to reading the whole book, please do not respond.

What I am NOT looking for:

-spelling and grammar edits

-nitpicky comments on sentence structure UNLESS the sentence is confusing and makes it hard to understand the story

PAYMENT:

I am offering two forms of payment:

1. I will permanently follow your account and add up to three books to a public reading list

or

1. I will read up to ten chapters of your book and give detailed feedback. Bonus, if I really enjoy your book, I will add it to my personal library and will continue reading on! You might just gain a new reader out of this :blush:

If you have any questions, just let me know! Hoping to gain some great Beta Readers from this and possibly even friends!

4 Likes

I’m up for it if you’re still looking for someone. (Sorry, new to wattpad so I don’t know the exact protocol on responding to stuff like this.)

1 Like

Absolutely!! Just let me know which payment option you want, and I’ll deliver as soon as you start reading :blush: also, welcome to Wattpad!

I’m fine with no payment, honestly, or at least delaying it until I’ve posted something I’m more eager to have people read, so don’t even worry about it. I’ll get reading ASAP and message some feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow thank you so much!!! If it’s alright with you, I prefer the feedback in comments on the book just so I can see what you’re directly referring to, but I really appreciate this :relaxed:

Hi, are you still looking for a beta reader?

1 Like

Sure, no problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I am!! Just let me know which payment option you want and I’ll start as soon as you begin reading :relaxed:

I’m not sure which option to pick :see_no_evil: let’s say the first one. I will add your book to my reading list and start to read today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ok great! I’ll follow you now, just let me know which books to add to my reading list :smiley:

I’m interested . I’ll be fine without any payment , although I’m not sure how valuable my suggestions will be but i will try my best . that is if you are still looking for one . :heart:

2 Likes

Absolutely!! I can use all the Beta Readers I can get!! Thanks so much and I appreciate any and all feedback u can give me :heart:

1 Like

Hello!
Are you still looking for a beta reader? If so, I could help :slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t need any payment-

2 Likes

I haven’t published any books now, though I am working on one. I could critique your book, and also help you edit a few parts if you’d want that too :slight_smile:
I love to review stories by my friends and I want to help other writers. Probably, it would inspire me to continue writing stories when I’m in a fix.

2 Likes

I’ll start it soon . :heart:

2 Likes

If you’d like more beta readers, I’d be up for it!

2 Likes

Yes absolutely!! I’d love any comments and feedback you can give, and if u ever want to cash in on payment in the future u can just let me know!! :relaxed:

Thank you so much!! :blush:

The more the merrier! Just let me know which payment option you’d like and I’ll start as soon as u begin reading :grin:

1 Like

The first option, please!

Do you want me to just comment on the parts with my opinions, or send you a message on the main site?

2 Likes