Beta Reader Needed

Hi there!! I’m currently looking for a beta reader to help me out with one of my newer works! It’s not published and I would be sending it to you!

To compensate for taking the time to help me, I can read any of your work and leave a comment!

Here’s the gist of things!
skyhaven

Title: Star Haven
Genre: Sci-fi & Dystopian
Summary:

Earth is dead.
No one has seen the surface in five years- until now. Earth died at the hands of pollution, corruption, and nuclear war; humanity has survived in bunkers far below Earth’s radioactive surface. Now, with the bunker systems failing, humanity needs to find a way to survive- five of the world’s greatest minds left are being sent on a dangerous mission: find a way to survive on the surface, or find a viable alternative. It is their only chance to save the human race.

Josephine was a biomedical Engineer before the world ended, but she’s scared she won’t be brave enough to save all of humanity all because she’s haunted by the memory of who she was.

Rebellious Atlas fought his way onto the research team, and no one knows why he is there. But he is there.

Orion journeyed to the surface for the girl he loves- but will she ever love him back?

Confronted with destroyed homeland, and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the five must fight and use their minds to survive. They always hoped to be remembered, but will they be able to save mankind?

Sky is the limit.

Hello! So what do you mean by beta reader? Do you want me to just read the book and give my opinion or are there some requirements?

1 Like

I was hoping for someone to take a look at the rough draft and check grammar and just give a general opinion.

Okay. I can do my best. You dont have to read my story, I’ll do it for free.

1 Like

Give me a few minutes and I’ll publish it for you!

Okay

So are you looking for a beta reader or an editor? While beta readers can give feedback on grammar and spelling, they’re mostly used (on here) to help with plot, pacing, and consistency.

1 Like

It’s kind of both. I just want general feedback and pacing but if there is an outright misspell I overlooked that would be helpful. I’m just looking for help as this is a genre I’ve never dabbled with before and not sure how plot and pacing are

1 Like

It is up. Sorry for the delay. Here is the link!

https://www.wattpad.com/772615909-star-haven-chapter-1

1 Like

Sorry to spam you in the comments. I have to go to sleep now but I’ll finish sometime tomorrow after school.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time. I’m gonna make the edits now

Hi there :slightly_smiling_face:

As your story is not complete and the #story-services:beta-readers-needed subcategory is only for those with complete stories to request Beta Readers in, I’m afraid I’ll have to close your thread. You can read the guidelines for posting in this subcategory here.

If you’re looking for feedback/ critiques on your ongoing story, you are welcome to browse the #story-services:critiques-and-feedback subcategory.

If your story is already complete, you are welcome to open another thread making it clear your story is complete.

Thanks for understanding,

Hollie - Community Ambassador :azanthiel: