I published today the last chapter of my book. The book is completed since 2018 and I revised/edited it twice myself already. I have no problems with the plot, intrigue…etc. I have a different issue. Just so you know, I started learning English 5 years ago, and I am fluent in many languages, so I tend to reason in other languages while writing in English and it sounds weird at times (whereas for me it sounds just fine!). You can judge by this post that my English improved a lot in 5 years learning, so you won’t have much troubles on that level.
Now let’s talk about the story:
The story of the story (literally) started in 2017. I read a huge amount of werewolf novels in a very short period of time and ended up hating myself. I had enough with all the clichés, and decided that I had to write my own Werewolf novel that would be anti-clichés. The book I am suggesting today for beta reading isn’t only Werewolf, it’s also Vampire and Witch… let’s say it’s a fantasy.
The details of the book:
Title: THE PACT OF LOVE
Genres: Fantasy (Werewolf, Vampire, Witch) & Romantic-suspense.
Number of chapters 36
Number of words: 107k
In a world and epoch where sexual intercourses are prohibited between unmated werewolves, Dee Silverstone and Arden Hazlewood were two to abide a scandalous secret.
Gay, best friends and, obviously, answerable, Dee and Arden lived in uncertainty. If their future as the Alphas heirs of their respective packs was already all mapped out, their fate as lovers was rather blurry. As their mating rituals approached, they started to envision the worst. Afraid to be mated to other than to each other, they readied themselves to sink deeper in their transgressions with the blessing of their wicked wolves.
Eventually Dee’s coronation celebrations came by and the two clandestine swains were delightfully surprised to find out that they were mates. Happier than any other breathing werewolves, they couldn’t picture a better gift from the Moon Goddess. Alas, if their mating was unexpected, their bliss from another side was short-lived. Soon enough, the heavens collapsed on their heads and the forest started to unveil its secrets, making of their ideal nothing but an olden story.
Will their unconditional love be strong enough to thwart the elements, or will they harvest piece by piece the aftermath of their carnal indulgence? Nothing is sure, especially when a lovelorn vampire prowls silently around the Pack House, unable to let go of his long lost Alpha bloodmate.
What I expect from you:
- To beta read my book and point out all the grammar, vocabulary/wording errors that you spot (I prefer inline comments as it would be easier for me to correct the book later on).
- To let me know afterwards what you think of the story. I don’t expect any help for the plot/intrigue, I am just curious to know your point of view as someone who read the whole book. Also to tell me if the blurb and cover fit the story-line.
- If you read my book and give me a general feedback on the plot and development, I can read the same number of chapters from your book (ie 36)
- If you read my book and point out a few typos and give suggestions on some grammar and wording issues, I can read 36 chapters from your book/s and add it/them to my lists.
- If you read my book and point out all the issues in at least half the book, I will read 36 chapters from your book/s, add your book/s to my lists and help you promote them for some time (to be discussed).
- If you read my book, help me with every chapter and point out all the grammar and vocabulary/wording issues you can find just like an editor would do, I will read 36 chapters from your book/s, add your book/s to my lists, share your book/s and your profile on my Newsfeed, follow you permanently, add your username to the introduction of the book under my name, and stipulate that you beta-read my book. I won’t remove it. I can also make covers for you and help you promote your book if you want!
Now let’s talk “preferences”:
- My book is M/M, meaning gay-themed with adult men in an homosexual relationship. If you have issues with gay fiction, I think you will hate my book.
- My book is mature and has sexual contents. Actually, I censored most of them for Wattpad but there are sex scenes. If you are underage or uncomfortable with the matter, you won’t appreciate the experience, so please just don’t read something that’s not for you.
- I’d love for the beta reader or beta readers to be major, fluent in English and have no issues with the topic and theme of my book.
- I prefer reading completed books in one sitting, so I will probably do so with your books and read them in one sitting once you complete beta reading my book.
If you think this suits you and that you are ready to read all 36 chapters (I won’t accept partial reading)… you can contact me here. We’ll discuss the details inbox!