BETA READERS NEEDED (Long-term payment and gratitude!)

Hey there!

I published today the last chapter of my book. The book is completed since 2018 and I revised/edited it twice myself already. I have no problems with the plot, intrigue…etc. I have a different issue. Just so you know, I started learning English 5 years ago, and I am fluent in many languages, so I tend to reason in other languages while writing in English and it sounds weird at times (whereas for me it sounds just fine!). You can judge by this post that my English improved a lot in 5 years learning, so you won’t have much troubles on that level.

Now let’s talk about the story:

Summary

The story of the story (literally) started in 2017. I read a huge amount of werewolf novels in a very short period of time and ended up hating myself. I had enough with all the clichés, and decided that I had to write my own Werewolf novel that would be anti-clichés. The book I am suggesting today for beta reading isn’t only Werewolf, it’s also Vampire and Witch… let’s say it’s a fantasy.

The details of the book:

Title: THE PACT OF LOVE
Genres: Fantasy (Werewolf, Vampire, Witch) & Romantic-suspense.
Number of chapters 36
Number of words: 107k
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/227489810-the-pact-of-love
Blurb:

Summary

In a world and epoch where sexual intercourses are prohibited between unmated werewolves, Dee Silverstone and Arden Hazlewood were two to abide a scandalous secret.

Gay, best friends and, obviously, answerable, Dee and Arden lived in uncertainty. If their future as the Alphas heirs of their respective packs was already all mapped out, their fate as lovers was rather blurry. As their mating rituals approached, they started to envision the worst. Afraid to be mated to other than to each other, they readied themselves to sink deeper in their transgressions with the blessing of their wicked wolves.

Eventually Dee’s coronation celebrations came by and the two clandestine swains were delightfully surprised to find out that they were mates. Happier than any other breathing werewolves, they couldn’t picture a better gift from the Moon Goddess. Alas, if their mating was unexpected, their bliss from another side was short-lived. Soon enough, the heavens collapsed on their heads and the forest started to unveil its secrets, making of their ideal nothing but an olden story.

Will their unconditional love be strong enough to thwart the elements, or will they harvest piece by piece the aftermath of their carnal indulgence? Nothing is sure, especially when a lovelorn vampire prowls silently around the Pack House, unable to let go of his long lost Alpha bloodmate.

What I expect from you:

Summary
  1. To beta read my book and point out all the grammar, vocabulary/wording errors that you spot (I prefer inline comments as it would be easier for me to correct the book later on).
  2. To let me know afterwards what you think of the story. I don’t expect any help for the plot/intrigue, I am just curious to know your point of view as someone who read the whole book. Also to tell me if the blurb and cover fit the story-line.

Payment:

Summary
  1. If you read my book and give me a general feedback on the plot and development, I can read the same number of chapters from your book (ie 36)
  2. If you read my book and point out a few typos and give suggestions on some grammar and wording issues, I can read 36 chapters from your book/s and add it/them to my lists.
  3. If you read my book and point out all the issues in at least half the book, I will read 36 chapters from your book/s, add your book/s to my lists and help you promote them for some time (to be discussed).
  4. If you read my book, help me with every chapter and point out all the grammar and vocabulary/wording issues you can find just like an editor would do, I will read 36 chapters from your book/s, add your book/s to my lists, share your book/s and your profile on my Newsfeed, follow you permanently, add your username to the introduction of the book under my name, and stipulate that you beta-read my book. I won’t remove it. I can also make covers for you and help you promote your book if you want!

Now let’s talk “preferences”:

Summary
  1. My book is M/M, meaning gay-themed with adult men in an homosexual relationship. If you have issues with gay fiction, I think you will hate my book.
  2. My book is mature and has sexual contents. Actually, I censored most of them for Wattpad but there are sex scenes. If you are underage or uncomfortable with the matter, you won’t appreciate the experience, so please just don’t read something that’s not for you.
  3. I’d love for the beta reader or beta readers to be major, fluent in English and have no issues with the topic and theme of my book.
  4. I prefer reading completed books in one sitting, so I will probably do so with your books and read them in one sitting once you complete beta reading my book.

If you think this suits you and that you are ready to read all 36 chapters (I won’t accept partial reading)… you can contact me here. We’ll discuss the details inbox! :blush:

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m interested. Message me. I’ll be happy o read and help if you help with the same chapters on my books.

2 Likes

Okay. Thank you!

Definitely interested! PM me if you’re accepting!

1 Like

I could definitely help with editing and revising potential mistakes in your book! Please shoot me a message if I’m accepted <3

1 Like

Thanks, I will PM you!

You are accepted :smiley:

Still looking for beta readers that are over 18. Anyone?

I’m definitely interested. I’m fluent and have a BA in English. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love it if you help me. As I said above, my English is 5 y.o, I made a lot of progress in five years but I wrote the book in 2017 and 2018… with a 2/3 y.o English. I edited it twice but still not enough. So, I am interested in every correction, suggestion, advice… you can give me as I intend to heavily edit it again :relaxed:

I’d be more than happy to help! I’ll start reading it asap!

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m interested in beta reading this, my specialty is LGBTQ+ stories so I think it’s in my wheelhouse, if you’re interested in reaching an agreement.

1 Like

Of course I am interested. I have ADD so no matter how hard I stare at my work, I can’t fully edit it.

And it’s always a good thing to have several opinions and more pairs of eyes to analyse a text. The experience can benefit everyone! :blush:

1 Like

I understand, no one can fully edit their own work. I didn’t even notice that I spelled “barely” as ”barley” until someone pointed it out. I think that’s why these forums are so useful, it’s like a symbiotic relationship for writers to help each other out.

So anyway, the way you structured this it appears that you match the level of effort in reading someone else’s story as they do in yours. Does this mean you don’t read until after the person has read your story or do it simultaneously?

1 Like

I can only read afterwards, I have a lot of things to do on a daily basis. So, I prefer to clear my schedule for one day and read the whole book. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see, I usually prefer a simultaneous reading so I don’t get cheated, however, I’m usually a very fast reader and since I don’t have a lot on my plate thanks to COVID, if you’re interested I’ll beta read it for you.
And just so you know I’m not some random ten year old or something, I’m in college and have completed English 101 (with an A) so I think I can give you some insightful comments.
Anything specific you want me to look for?
Also, you can find my story here when I’m finished (if you’re still interested).

1 Like

I am not a cheater. I am a medical doctor and I am also an ex-published writer (in another language). And I am gay… I wouldn’t be here if it were to play people. As I said, I have a lot of things to do daily, because of my day job and my other responsibilities. I do some read-for-reads because usually it’s for a few chapters and I can read between two shifts or on my way to work, but, for completed books I’d enjoy more the experience if I read the book in one sitting.
If you aren’t okay with my method, I can find other beta readers. I don’t mind.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate that you would do that, I don’t think you would, I’ve just had that happen to me before so I’m always cautious. I don’t mind your method and I understand, I am one of those people who usually sits through a book all night until I finish it as well.
And even if you did that, it’s not really a big deal because I’m not really losing anything.
Plus I’m interested in your book, I read the descriptions and it seems intriguing.
As a gay writer I like to support other gay and LGBTQ+ writers which is why I’m here, so…
If you are, I’m still interested.

1 Like

The only compromise I see is for you to wait until I find the time to read your book. You can beta read my book after I read your book (This is an exception I am making because I would read your book even without this beta reading deal), but it may take a few days. My next day off is for Thursday. Just like you, reading a gay fiction would always be a happy moment for me, even if you don’t beta read my book afterwards :slight_smile:

1 Like