Black History Month - Discussion

Today, in my country, February is designated to celebrate and honor all of black heritage in the United States. We also remember those of African decent around the world who were oppressed, who were Kings and Queens, who were beaten, raped, killed and stolen from their own lands, who were leaders and innovators, who were mothers and fathers, sons and daughters.

I’d like to thank all those who worked so hard to let me be able to hold my head up high and love my skin.

Discuss what you love About anything you know or wish to know about black/brown culture.

#TAKEITDOWN
#BLM
#BLACKLIVESMATTER
#BLUELIESMATTER

Governor George Wallace - “Segregation now, Segregation tomorrow and Segregation forever…”

We have a duty to never forget, never back down, never let it slide. Don’t get angry… get educated!

This is where the world got it’s start. Adam and Eve first walked the earth. Neil Armstrong had nothing on them.

s-l400

3 Likes

The greats: Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, Dr (Rev.) Martin Luther King, Malcom X, George Washington Carver, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Alexandre Dumas…and more

2 Likes

Bump.

Hey buddy I didnt know you were a melonated User.

Just suggesting to blur the trigger words and I just love me. Our music out diversity. Our food, our fashion all of it.

2 Likes

I still don’t know how to blur the words. Not even sure what it’s meant for. But, I’m not one to hide the truth. Luv, you girl. Be strong

2 Likes

I just meant the R thing for people who you know.

2 Likes

A bit about me (the OP): my birth father is African-American and Native American of the Chitimacha Tribe. He came from a family that were slaves on sugar cane plantations in Louisiana.

My birth mother is Puerto Rican and straight from the indigenous tribe of the great Taino warriors.

My white adopted parents taught me about my culture and heritage and always encouraged me to know more and to love all.

Meeting my biological family for the first time two years ago was the best gift I could receive. They are my blood, my heart and my passion. Black Love is Black Power

2 Likes

Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, George Washington Carver, Booker T. Washington, Frederich Douglas.

1 Like

My sci-fi heroes

unnamed

220px-Tuvok

first_interracial_kiss_on_tv

220px-GeordiLaForge

60ab3c1d03b3d4d3f4b4973ac8771c21

star-trek-worf

2 Likes

The last one doesn’t count
He’s clearly a klingon
Same with tuvok
But you know
A vulcan

1 Like

We all got some Klingon in us

2 Likes

Also Why has no one mentioned Obama ¬_¬

1 Like

Damn, this thread just started. Give it a minute…lol. and u just did :wink:

1 Like

Pic in Google ( thank you Google.com #google for remembering the Civil Rights movement)

60th-anniversary-of-the-greensboro-sit-in-6753651837108277.3-l

1 Like
1 Like

Maya Angelou as well. :yellow_heart:
Angelou_Maya_NPG_SI_B2000196C square

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/shirley-chisholm

Chisholm_Shirley square