〚 C O L O S S E U M 〛- A New Writing Prompt Battle Game「 Welcome to the Colosseum Arc 」

12 Likes

11 Likes

THIS IS AN ACTUAL EXAMPLE OF A PROMPT FROM THE THREAD

another example will be placed below if you are still unsure as to how the game works. please don’t hesitate to ask me if you’re still unsure. that’s what i’m here for after all!

PROMPT POST

PLAYER’S PROMPT RESPONSE

RESULTS POST

It’s best to end your response in a cliff-hanger. The results will be announced (latest) by the end of the prompt’s time limit.

Of course, you can end your response in a defeat or victory for your character if you so wish. But bear in mind the results may announce the opposite in a sudden turn of events! You decide the total amount of words to write but try not to write too little or too much! A tiny paragraph doesn’t give enough material for a decision to be made, and long responses could provide too much detail, so be weary! You can write in third or first person. Or in whatever style you feel like!

And yes, you are meant to write the opponent into the response like I demonstrated above. This is meant to help you formulate a battle scene for yourself. Also, I can’t role play with your character. It’s all part of the fun! Write your opponent as you see fit, BUT keep in mind their level and abilities posted above. Failure to do so severely hinders your chances! The opponents selected aren’t meant to be overpowered or underpowered in relation to your character. So, don’t even think of posting a response that results in your character ‘one-shotting’ the enemy!

You don’t need to write about all your character’s/opponent’s abilities either! Just what you feel is relevant to your prompt response.

THIS IS A QUICK EXAMPLE. MORE DETAIL WILL BE ADDED IN ACTUAL PROMPT ASSIGNMENTS, BUT THIS IS HOW THE GAME WILL MAINLY PLAY OUT

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Put your hands together for ___________, the Gunslinger of the Empire.

Threat Level:

Abilities:

Gun Barrage (explanation I place here)

10-second speed boost (explanation I place here)

Overload (explanation I place here)

Bullet of Death (explanation I place here)

Arena: Empire’s Colosseum

Prompt for #12: _________ had just been hit by your attack: ______, 15 minutes into the battle. It took the wind out of him, but he couldn’t give up now. Unbeknownst to you, he had been filling his gun with bullets needed to shoot the ‘Bullet of Death’. The onlookers of the fight were getting rowdy, as the battle was seemingly going nowhere. What does your character do?

══════════════════════════════════════════════

Response from You, using your character #12 (reference number) called ‘Mumei’:

Mumei saw that her attack had put a dent into her opponent, seeing him buckle over in pain, blood spilling endlessly from his jaw. She only needed a second to catch her own breath but ran at him full speed with her own gun drawn. Because she had no idea of the Gunslinger’s secret move, she didn’t hesitate in charging up her shot, aiming to knee him in the face swiftly afterward to finish the battle. _______ then looked up with Mumei inches away from him, a cunning grin on his face. The blood continued to drip from his lips as they curled.

“You made a mistake, sweetheart.”

It only took a moment. The sound of a bullet was followed swiftly by a sharp pain that shook Mumei from the inside out, sweeping her off her feet to land face up.

It was a sudden turn of events; moments ago, she could practically hear the bells of victory shouting her success. Now she was lying on the floor, watching the sky in complete silence. It took her a second to fully realize her entire body was now numb from head to toe. She couldn’t even feel where the bullet hit her anymore (you continue from here or stop)

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 Likes

P R O M P T S

PROMPT NAME TYPE STATUS ASSIGNED TO DEADLINE TEASER FULL IMAGE
AXEL ??? PICK N/A N/A TEASER N/A
PORTER ??? YOUR N/A N/A TEASER N/A
JED ??? SIDE… N/A N/A TEASER N/A

C H A L L E N G E R S

REF. POINTS NAME TYPE RANK FORM USER
01 0 MAI PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @PaperThinSkin14
02 2 ABEL FIREFLY MIXED CENTURION FORM @AlteruneSC
03 0 WALKER #19880 PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @w41k3r_19880
04 4 RAI STORM MAGIC PILUS PRIOR FORM @GlitchandGlitz
05 0 TARA FULLMETAL PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @AlteruneSC
06 0 COLTON BERNHEARDT & TYLER BENNET FEATHERSTONE MAGIC & PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @Mikizumi
07 0 AIX MAGIC PILUS PRIOR FORM @flyxity
08 4 MOON MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @DreamGirl_Moon
09 0 EVANDER FAUST MIXED CENTURION FORM @starches
10 0 SKYE PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @LexiB09
11 2 HOLLY LUCIAS MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @splicingtime
12 2 JASON PHYSICAL VELITES FORM @DollyDontGo
13 0 FLYX PHYSICAL MUNIFEX FORM @flyxity
14 2 JULIAN DATWERTZ MIXED VELITES FORM @PercabethFanBoy1
15 0 HANNAH DAVENPORT PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @NovelWritingIsHard
16 0 THEO SALVADOR MIXED VELITES FORM @_niall1309_horan
17 0 BRIELLA ALINA RAELLYNIA PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @evil-frog
18 2 ASH MAGIC TRARII FORM @NovelWritingIsHard
19 0 BENJAMIN ALEXANDR KINNSLEY PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @Mikizumi
20 0 LAVINIA STELLAR DEWEY MIXED TRARII FORM @PaperThinSkin14
21 2 AIDAN MIXED TRARII FORM @DreamGirl_Moon
22 2 BRIAN BRIANS MIXED VELITES FORM @Iggabat1
23 0 JESSE BOUCHER MIXED TRARII FORM @BR3ND4N
24 2 GENESIS CYRIL MORGENSTERN MIXED TRARII FORM @moonlightshadow412
25 2 SANAA AL-IDREIS MIXED VELITES FORM @WriterGirl017
26 0 LEVI CÆLINUS NAUDEX MAGIC CENTURION FORM @kabanerry
27 0 MARA CHAUNTUR MIXED TRARII FORM @SadisticShion
28 0 GREYMOORE MIXED TRARII FORM @Der_Nervar
29 2 ESTELLE SANTORI MAGIC TRARII FORM @starches
30 2 MAGGIE PHYSICAL VELITES FORM @MystiKat39
31 0 NIGHTSHADE MIXED TRARII FORM @Der_Nervar
32 2 DEXIN LAVETROUSOS MAGIC TRARII FORM @NoPaganiniHere
33 2 JET PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @Waterwhite03
34 0 ATANALE PHYSICAL VELITES FORM @CocoaGirl52
35 0 MATEO MIXED TRARII FORM @danastj123
36 0 KAROT C. VIN MAGIC TRARII FORM @Karot
15 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

beep-boop issa opennnn.
lowkey hope this doesn’t flop lol I spent too much time on this…

8 Likes

might tag some people tomorrow lmao :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

this is a super cool idea!! I’m personally not one to join stuff like this but I hope it goes well :smiley: my inner Latin grammar nazi is crying though lmao

7 Likes

craaaaaaaaapppp what did I do? (i only studied Latin for 3 years, like 4 years ago so I’m basically more illiterate in it now than I was back then)

7 Likes

not much, just a few spelling errors nobody’s gonna notice unless they’re far too much of a history buff and actually know what they’re supposed to be (ie. me, probably nobody else)
Idk if you care if some ranks are singular and some are plural.

9 Likes

see I wouldn’t even know if they had spelling errors or the difference between singular and plural words at this point. I can count on the history buff calling me out though :joy: idk if you’re planning on joining but thanks for the interest man.

8 Likes

Hannibalanime

mood

8 Likes

i should start tagging ppl shouldn’t i?

6 Likes

Is bumping still a thing lol

7 Likes

? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

hey this looks cool! I think i get it :thinking: but i’ll make a character i guess lol

7 Likes

the ranks look interesting as well. i think i might tag some people just to help get this off the ground cuz it’ll be a shame if it doesn’t xD

6 Likes