〚 C O L O S S E U M II 〛- A Writing Prompt Battle Game「 The Rebellion Arc 」[ CLOSED TO NEW PLAYERS ! ]

11 Likes

What is the Colosseum?

The Colosseum is a writing prompt game that focuses exclusively on fighting and battles. One of its intentions is to help Wattpad users write out battle scenes, since it can be really hard sometimes.

What is 'The Rebellion Arc'?

Within the Colosseum, there is an overarching storyline going on in the background, connecting various opponents together. Currently, we are in the Rebellion Arc. Think of it as a quest or campaign: you defeat one opponent, and you get closer to the boss battle! Various different events and characters appear during certain arcs. Read on further to discover more about this Arc’s narrative.

How do I play?

You simply look at the most recent battle prompt posted for your character and write away!
It’s simple :slight_smile:

Although, before that, you must submit a character to be placed on the Colosseum’s Waiting List. We’ll get into that later.

How much do I need to write?

You can write as much as you feel comfortable with! Although you must write more than a single line of text! (If you can write a battle response out in a line, you have my respect!) On the other hand, you don’t need to write a whole chapter. Most responses are between 500-1500 words, so this is a good guideline. You could write a little more, or a little less depending on the situation. The maximum you can submit is 4000 words.

What kind of character can I submit?

You can submit anything! Humans, aliens, androids, vampires, werewolves, superheroes, supervillains. Absolutely anything! If they can fight, they have a place in the Colosseum. You can submit a character from your own story, or make one up for the game.

How many characters can I submit?

You can have a maximum of two characters within the Colosseum at once. Having more than this means there’s a lot of prompts for one person to reply to, and characters for both of us to be aware of. You can always ask to dismiss a character from the Colosseum, so I can remove it from the list.

How do I submit a character?

You simply fill out a short form detailing your character. This can be seen via the drop-down menu below. Fill it out fully & include everything!

What is the 'Colosseum Waiting List?'

This is a list where I place all characters that have been accepted to participate in the Colosseum. All new characters get a number that will be their reference. You can remember it, but this will be available in a post below if you do forget.

The purpose of the Waiting List is so that I can easily assign each character to a prompt. This means you get a favourable prompt to write against. This avoids you having no chance to win against the enemy, making the challenge null and void. Teasers for new & upcoming prompts are also posted in the waiting list, so it’s worth keeping an eye on!

Is there anything I need to consider when writing my character?

Of course. Firstly, the obvious: your character can’t be overpowered or underpowered. This IS an arena testing your character’s strength. I can’t have the personification of God walk into the Colosseum and easily win against every opponent. But I also can’t have your average Joe across the road get beat to death in less than 2 seconds. If your character falls into any of these categories, then I’ll inform you about it as soon as possible, so we can meet a middle ground that you agree with :slight_smile:

Is there a ranking system for characters and prompt opponents?

Yes. They will be briefly explained in this post, but the full list of ranks will be shown in a post below!

What rank do I get when I first enter the Colosseum?

Depending on how powerful you decide to make your character, you will be placed in one of the ‘New Champion Ranks’. These ranks are MUNIFEX, VELITES and TRARII. All ranks can be viewed in a post below. You will always be placed in one of these ranks when a new character is submitted. You work up the ranks by completing prompts; you will be notified when you go up a rank.

How many ranks can I go up at once?

You can go up a maximum of a single rank. You don’t need to win many prompts to go up for the lower ranks, but you need a little more to move up the higher ranks.

Will I know how many opponents I have to win against to go up a rank?

No, you will not. Though I can assure you that you don’t need to win against tens of opponents to go up. Rank increases will be pretty fast either way, so that you can join in with the Arc story as soon as possible :slight_smile:

How do I win against an opponent?

Write a clever, imaginative or just plain entertaining response! You don’t really need to defeat the opponent to rise up the ranks either. This game is just a means for you to practise writing out fight scenes. Have fun with it! You will be notified of your win when all prompts have been replied to or if the time limit has passed.

What happens when I win against an opponent?

You get extra stat points applied to your character, and their standing within the Empire will be raised. This also means that challenges get harder to win, but the rewards get greater too! If your character wins enough prompts, they no longer have a reference number, but earn titles.

When do I get a 'title'?

When you reach rank HASTAII, you earn an official title for your character. This title will encompass your character’s abilities and personality overall, so it’s something to work towards in the Colosseum! This will be their ‘code name’ of sorts and is how the Empire’s population will know them as. Because names are formulated by the public, you won’t get a chance to pick your title! Your character may also become a prompt for other users to battle against!

I lost! Now what?

A new prompt will be posted afterwards, so you can reply to that one when it’s available. When you suffer a loss, you don’t risk dropping a rank if your character is lower down in the ranking system. If you’re in ranks HASTAII, IMPERIAE or DEUS (the top 3), you may be subject to lowering a rank.

What do the rank names mean?

For the character ranks, the names are the army ranks used in the Ancient Roman Army. For the Prompt Opponent Ranks, they’re named after Roman Mythological Beasts. There is a lot of cross over between Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman Mythology though.

Some users are affiliated to 'The Empire' or 'The Rebellion'. What's up with that?

Remember when I talked about the overarching storyline? This is part of that.

When your character reaches rank CENTURION, they become affiliated to a certain side. They either remain Challengers and fight for the Empire, or they turn against the Emperor and become part of the Rebellion, following a new leader as a result.

Do I pick which side my character becomes afflicted with?

For the sake of balancing and keeping the numbers on each side fairly even, you will not get an explicit choice in which side you join. However, there are certain details in the form that can determine which side you may end up on…

My character isn't a high enough rank, so they aren't affiliated. Now what?

Even if you aren’t affiliated to a specific side, you still get the same amount of prompts as those who are. There is no difference in gameplay. When you’re lower down in the ranks, think of it as the beginner levels. You’re getting used to the way the game is played. When you reach CENTURION, you can access the story and join other users in the battle for or against the Empire!

There are two sides. Can one side win over the other at the end?

Yes. When you’re affiliated to a side, try your best to win against the opponents! Every time you win, a point is added to your team, bringing you closer to victory. If you lose a battle, no points are added. When the Arc reaches an end, the team with the most points will win this ‘round’, and a new Arc will be made with a different set of goals & opponents!

What happens when I get the highest rank?

The highest rank is DEUS.

Apart from more challenging and unique battle prompts to write against, if there are other users within your rank, there may be an opportunity for player vs player battles. Aim for the top!

R U L E S
  1. All posts unrelated to the Colosseum happens in the General Chat thread! This is to keep game-related posts together and stop chatter from cluttering the main thread. Head on over to Palatine to meet the rest of the Colosseum Community!
  1. No roleplaying. You can’t directly interact with other Colosseum user’s characters and you shouldn’t. To avoid the closure of this thread, please adhere to Wattpad’s guidelines and DON’T ROLEPLAY.

2. Be nice. This is just a game and should be considered as such. You can’t always win, and you shouldn’t be disrespectful to any other user for any reason. There’s zero tolerance for such behaviour, so don’t do it.

3. Be active! If you’ve applied a character to the Colosseum, it is expected that you’ll be active enough to reply to prompts within the time frame. I understand you can’t always be on Wattpad. To accommodate for this, all prompts will have a full week, or seven days time period.
    But if you miss an assigned prompt you could lose points for your character. If you miss multiple prompts with no sign of you coming back, your character will be dismissed from the Colosseum.
    You have been warned!

4. (cont.) For clarification, I’m following GMT+1 or UTC+1 time (UK). All prompts are to be submitted by 11.59pm of the stated deadline via this time zone.

Rules & Guidelines will be added at my discretion.

C H A R A C T E R ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎F O R M

Wattpad Username:
Name: (including aliases)
Species:
Appearance: (you can link images as subsitute)
Personality: (at least 3 traits briefly explained)
Backstory: (Just a few lines. You don’t need to write a lot here.)

BASE STATS; 1-10, a maximum total of 35

Strength: measuring physical power and carrying capacity
Stamina: measuring endurance, stamina, and good health
Dexterity: measuring agility, balance, coordination, and reflexes
Intelligence: measuring deductive reasoning, knowledge, memory, logic, and rationality
Charisma: measuring force of personality, persuasiveness, leadership and successful planning

Weapons: (if any; can include a picture link)
Special Abilities: (maximum of 3 abilities! Make sure to briefly explain them. Abilities will be added as you go up the ranks.)
Fighting Style: (are they aggressive? Passive? etc.)
Quote: (do they have a ‘victory’ line? Have they said anything memorable?)

Pick a number between 1-100:

11 Likes

Due to the Colosseum’s exponential growth, it has been decided that specific Military Officials will dictate and monitor the organisation, in His Imperial Majesty’s stead. Follow their words as if they were his own.

If you are against the Emperor and his vision of world domination, be prepared to battle these Military Officials. They will show no mercy to traitors…

it's‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ time‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ to‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ meet‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ your‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ moderators...

H E A D ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎M O D E R A T O R

K A I S U S ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ D E M E T R I A S ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ I I I

@kabanerry

"the emperor"

S A L U T E ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎T O ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎Y O U R

M I L I T A R Y ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎O F F I C I A L S

L E A D ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎M O D E R A T O R

IMPERIAL ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎GENERAL ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ’ ‎‎‏‏‎FREYSIA ’

@Wolftunes

"ruthless vine"

L E A D ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎M O D E R A T O R

IMPERIAL ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎GENERAL ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎’ ANZER ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎LOKEY ’

@S0NDER

"fire soul"

9 Likes

M U N I F E X

A low power level character. Although not defenceless, they can’t destroy large objects or use high energy spells. Base stats are average, albeit a little higher. Even though they’re considered ‘weak’, they have the most room to grow and will likely become the most equipt fighter in due time.

V E L I T E S

A low-medium power level character. Capable of destroying small rooms with a single move. Base stats are higher than average, although not greatly so.

T R A R I I

Highest tier of low-level character, and the highest level a new character can be placed. Characters in this rank have certain base stats considerably higher than average. They also have a powerful ability/equipment that accompanies their higher base stats.

P I L U S‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎P R I OR

Characters in this rank are now a noticeable force within the Colosseum universe. Most, if not all their base stats have exceeded 10 and they have extra abilities and equipment to rely on. These players are on their way to greatness!

C E N T U R I O N

Your character has now joined a side. The Empire, or the Rebellion. Fight the best you can to ensure your team wins! Your abilities and stat levels prove you worthy of fighting a battle greater than anything seen before. Good luck!

P R I M U S

Now armed with considerable experience, Primus ranked characters have explosive power at their fingertips; such characters can destroy buildings and large objects with little effort. Fighting against one of them would result in a quick bloodbath if you weren’t prepared…

H A S T A I I

Your character has now earned a title worthy of their name. Those ranked Hastaii are now well known throughout the continent, being both powerful and an untameable force with no sign of slowing down. Now wielding ultimate abilities, these characters can unleash hell on small towns and villages with a flick of their finger…

I M P E R I A E

Still armed with their continental reach, these characters are people that fight it out in victorious and epic scenes. An entire city can become their battleground, weapons and magic abilities alike unleashing hellish destruction in their wake.

D E U S

Reserved for the most powerful beings known on the planet, characters ranked Deus have supernatural strength, smarts or equipment that makes the powers of those ranked below them look like child’s play. Deus-ranked players have powers that can affect a whole country given enough time. Such people have ascended to demi-god levels and should be approached with caution and respect. Quiver in fear, as these players are your ruling champions!

8 Likes

These ranks can refer to a single entity or organisation.

THREAT‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎LEVEL‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ’ ‎MINOTAUR '

A small-scale enemy. Can’t do extreme levels of damage when fighting, but not be underestimated nevertheless. They will take advantage of any opening you give them.

THREAT‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎LEVEL‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎’ CYCLOPS '

Opponents here are nearing the level of a medium-scale enemy. If left unchecked, they are capable of destroying smaller villages and areas. Easy to take down if the player is strategic enough, somewhat prepared and of a higher level.

THREAT‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎LEVEL‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎’ MEDUSA '

Medium-scale enemy. If left uncontrolled, a localised alert may be issued to civilians in the surrounding area. Capable of destroying smaller cities and areas in reasonable time. Typically, such opponents cannot be defeated by a character weaker than them.

THREAT‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎LEVEL‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ’ ‎CERBERUS '

High-threat enemy. Those preparing to oppose this threat must put in thorough planning and preparation to ensure the best chance of success. If Champions are unable to control this opponent, the capital city of the Empire can be destroyed in only a few days. Most likely to be a single target, but a small group or organisation can be categorised at this threat level. Collaboration with other players should be considered. Do not engage without a solid plan! You have been warned…

THREAT‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎LEVEL‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎’ TYPHON '

Extremely high-threat enemy. Most likely a group or organisation, but a single being is also possible. Group collaboration is strongly recommended, if not required to defeat this opponent. When left to their own devices, destruction of the Imperial capital and surrounding towns is assured. Only the most powerful individuals can be sent to tackle this opponent. The fate of the entire Capital rests on your shoulders. Don’t let us down…

7 Likes

REBELLION-ARC-PROMPT-OPPONENT-RANKS

THIS IS AN ACTUAL EXAMPLE OF A PROMPT FROM THE THREAD

this is what you’ll be up against playing the Colosseum. please don’t hesitate to ask me if you’re still unsure about how the game is played. that’s what I’m here for after all!

PROMPT OPPONENT

PLAYER PROMPT RESPONSE

PROMPT RESULTS

You will be instructed as to how to end your response. You will be told to end your response in either a cliffhanger or a win. Please follow these instructions! Failure to do so hinders your chances of winning against that said opponent!

And yes, you are meant to write the opponent into the response as demonstrated. This is meant to help you formulate a battle scene for yourself. Also, I can’t role play with your character. It’s all part of the fun! Write your opponent as you see fit, but keep in mind their level and abilities posted. Follow them! Also, don’t even think of posting a response that results in your character ‘one-shotting’ the enemy!

You don’t need to write about all your character’s/opponent’s abilities either! Just what you feel is relevant to your prompt response.

10 Likes

P R O M P T S

PROMPT NAME TYPE STATUS ASSIGNED TO DEADLINE TEASER FULL IMAGE
MAX LATTIMORE ??? NEW ??? ??? TEASER ???
COBRA ??? AGES ??? ??? TEASER ???
YOSEF ??? TOURNAMENT ??? ??? TEASER ???

C H A R A C T E R S

C L I C K‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ M E
REF. NAME TYPE RANK FORM USER
01 MAI PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @PaperThinSkin14
02 ABEL FIREFLY MIXED CENTURION FORM @AlteruneSC
03 WALKER #19880 PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @w41k3r_19880
04 RAI STORM MAGIC CENTURION FORM @GlitchandGlitz
05 TARA FULLMETAL PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @AlteruneSC
06 COLTON BERNHEARDT & TYLER BENNET FEATHERSTONE MAGIC & PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @Mikizumi
08 MOON MIXED CENTURION FORM @DreamGirl_Moon
09 EVANDER FAUST MIXED CENTURION FORM @starches
10 SKYE PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @lexo_luthero
11 HOLLY LUCIAS MIXED CENTURION FORM @splicingtime
14 JULIAN DATWERTZ MIXED VELITES FORM @PercabethFanBoy1
15 HANNAH DAVENPORT PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @NovelWritingIsHard
17 BRIELLA ALINA RAELLYNIA PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @evil-frog
19 BENJAMIN ALEXANDR KINNSLEY PHYSICAL CENTURION FORM @Mikizumi
21 AIDAN MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @DreamGirl_Moon
22 BRIAN BRIANS MIXED TRARII FORM @Iggabat1
23 JESSE BOUCHER MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @BR3ND4N
24 GENESIS CYRIL MORGENSTERN MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @moonlightshadow412
25 SANAA AL-IDREIS MIXED TRARII FORM @WriterGirl017
26 LEVI CÆLINUS NAUDEX MAGIC CENTURION FORM @kabanerry
29 ESTELLE SANTORI MAGIC PILUS PRIOR FORM @starches
32 DEXIN LAVETROUSOS MAGIC TRARII FORM @NoPaganiniHere
33 JET PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @Waterwhite03
34 ATANALE PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @CocoaGirl52
35 MATEO MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @danastj123
36 KAROT C. VIN MAGIC PILUS PRIOR FORM @Karot
37 SCARLETT INFERNO MIXED PILUS PRIOR FORM @Particularly_No_One
38 SELA KEARNEY PHYSICAL VELITES FORM @shakespearian1
39 APRIL-ELIZABETH KANE PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @kacchan
40 REYNA MIENKOFF & CAHLLA MIENKOFF MIXED TRARII FORM @NovelWritingIsHard
41 DA JI MIXED TRARII FORM @MainsGrills
44 RYAN ARAFA PHYSICAL PILUS PRIOR FORM @Blitzei
45 DR. VITSIN BLYSK PHYSICAL TRARII FORM @sadboy9000
46 TESSADORA HADRIOUS MIXED TRARII FORM @splicingtime
47 GIDEON SEVER MIXED TRARII FORM @blue_jay
48 DROPZONE PHYSICAL VELITES FORM @GuyWhoExists
49 EZEKIEL L’ROSE MIXED TRARII FORM @TheKingOz13
50 TOMOKO MASAKURA MAGIC TRARII FORM @Crimson_Scythe
13 Likes

WHICH‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎SIDE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ARE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎YOU‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎AFFILIATED‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎WITH?

T H E‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎E M P I R E !

T H E‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ E M P I R E

“Those traitors really believe they have a chance? We paid them with gold. Now they pay us back in blood.”

LEADER : KAISUS DEMETRIAS III

SECOND‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎IN‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎COMMAND : ???

4‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎PILLARS‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎OF‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎EMPIRE : ???,???,???,???

click to see the full image

GOALS‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎OF‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎EMPIRE‏‏‎

- Uncover Rebels hiding in the Colosseum & Aristocracy. Detain and question those found. Kill the rest if necessary.

- Uncover Rebels within the Military. This includes Military Officials and Division leaders. Immediate capture & execution under The Emperor’s orders.

- Patrol the Imperial Capital for disturbances. Undergo espionage missions.

- Protect loyal and high-priority Aristocrats from assassination attempts carried out by the Rebels.

- Pinpoint the location of the Rebellion’s HQ.

- Uncover supply lines the Rebellion is using to stock their soldiers. Destroy them completely.

- Identify The Rebellion’s Second in Command and 4 Generals. Instructions from His Imperial Majesty are to eliminate them.

DEFEAT APOLLO

THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎EMPIRE’S‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎CHALLENGERS‏‏‎

REF. NAME TYPE POINTS EARNED USER
02 ABEL FIREFLY MIXED 1 @AlteruneSC
04 RAI STORM MAGIC 0 @GlitchandGlitz
05 TARA FULLMETAL PHYSICAL 0 @AlteruneSC
09 EVANDER FAUST MIXED 1 @starches
19 BENJAMIN ALEXANDR KINNSLEY PHYSICAL 0 @Mikizumi
26 LEVI CÆLINUS NAUDEX MAGIC N/A @kabanerry

“You barely stood a chance back then, old friend. And you barely stand a chance against me now. Do your worst.”

T H E‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ R E B E L L I O N !

T H E‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ R E B E L L I O N

“The Empire has grown too controlling and power-hungry under Kaisus’ leadership. I fight for the people who want the freedom they deserve.

LEADER : APOLLO

SECOND‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎IN‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎COMMAND : ???

4‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎GENERALS‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎OF‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎REBELLION : ???,???,???,???

click to see the full image

GOALS‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎OF‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎REBELLION‏‏‎

- Discover the meaning of F.I.A and detain those with the status if necessary.

- Defeat Challengers that are growing in influence and power, making them unable to add to the Emperor’s forces.

- Uncover Imperial agents hiding within Rebellion forces and detain them.

- Steal Imperial documents holding information on the Military’s plans and assignments.

- Infiltrate the homes of aristocrats to collect documents, detain those in question or assassinate the ones most helpful to the Empire.

- Detain important Military Officials and Division leaders working for the Empire. Kill them only if necessary.

- Uncover the recent whereabouts of Kaisus’ Second in Command and the famous 4 Pillars of the Empire.

DEFEAT KAISUS

THE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎REBELLION’S‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎FIGHTERS‏‏‎

REF. NAME TYPE POINTS EARNED USER
01 MAI PHYSICAL 1 @PaperThinSkin14
03 WALKER #19880 PHYSICAL 0 @w41k3r_19880
06 COLTON BERNHEARDT & TYLER BENNET FEATHERSTONE MAGIC & PHYSICAL 1 @Mikizumi
08 MOON MIXED 0 @DreamGirl_Moon
10 SKYE PHYSICAL 0 @LexiB09
11 HOLLY LUCIAS MIXED 0 @splicingtime

“The bastard stands on a pedestal built on betrayal and deceit. I’ll drag Kaisus off the throne by his neck if I have to. I will destroy that monster myself!

WHICH‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎SIDE‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎IS‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎CLOSER‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎TO‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎VICTORY?

:

A‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎STORY‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎BEGINS‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎TO‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎UNRAVEL...

Small snippets unfolding the past, present and future will be placed here, revealing the Rebellion Arc’s storyline when certain criteria and checkpoints are reached. Dive into the Empire’s history, for all shall be released in due time…

PROLOGUE: THE BEGINNING SANDS

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎An endless desert layered in golden sand. Brutal light from a mid-aged star. A wasteland of heat and eroded rock.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎It was the first and only thing the boy saw.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎The marine sky was drowned by sun-kissed grain as he lifted his head, a whimper escaping his lips. His chest was sinking, heaving against the soft surface beneath him. Cheeks coated in sand. Blonde locks falling against his eyes. He was slightly grateful for his current position, as mangled hair worked well to shield his gaze from daylight’s glare.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎The boy was soon forced to register the unexpected pain igniting within his body, the feeling flaring from his toes and creeping upwards with each waking moment.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"W-Wh—" he attempted to speak, but only parched sounds left him. His tongue felt like sandpaper in his mouth, the hollow whistling of wind attempting to carry what little noise he made away.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎He had no idea where he was, what he was doing, or how he got there. All he did know was that he was in pain. And starving.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎And thirsty.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎The boy began to regain feeling in his fingers, one hand grasping a chunk of sand that just as easily leaked through the gaps. On trying to move the other, his palm refused the command, as if bound in place. He knew he was weakened, but the way his hand stirred awkwardly meant something light was holding it down. The most puzzling thing, however, was how warm and soft the resistance against his fingertips felt. It felt…squishy. Mouldable.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎At a snail’s pace, he curled his fingers, trying to discern what was keeping his actions inhibited. Even then, he couldn’t use his full range of motion; the feeling only served to further bloom his adolescent curiosity. Using whatever strength he could muster, the boy twisted his head. The hair matted against his forehead, stuck to the skin through sweat and sand as he rotated. Had he gained the energy, the child would’ve gasped at the sight before him. But he could only muster enough to go wide-eyed as he saw the body of another person.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎They lay still and quiet, so much so he thought they were dead. But the gentle motion of their shoulders gave him reassurance. But the question still remained. Who were they? He felt like he should know the person grasping his hand as if their existence depended on it. He noticed they were a little smaller than him. Obviously a child, but the white cloth encasing their body made for an improvised cloak. The mystery lay on their side, both hands wrapped around the boy’s like it was something to be treasured. He couldn’t tell who they were; long yellow hair masked their face completely, only contouring the outline of their features. Boy or girl? He had no idea. But their presence alone gave an uncanny sense of reassurance.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎A sense of comfort even.
The boy felt so calmed and exhausted by seeing them, that he began to slip away once more, pushing his eyelashes against the sand building to slowly bury him to nothingness.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"Papa! Over there!"

13 Likes

There will be specific individuals in your faction guiding you, every step of the way. Whilst in ranks Centurion and above, they will be the people assigning you your missions. Be aware that you may face them in battle one day. It’s time to report to HQ

it's‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ time‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ to‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ meet‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ your‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ supervisors...

CENTURION‏‏‎ ‎ &‏‏‎ ‎ PRIMUS‏‏‎ ‎ RANK‏‏‎ ‎ SUPERVISORS

SIR‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ EMMETT‏‏‎ ‎ ALLARD

O F‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ T H E‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ E M P I R E

“I’m glad you decided to stay with us Challenger…”

Welcome back to the Colosseum, and congratulations on your promotion to the middle-rankings. As per standard procedure, I’ll be your supervisor. All future missions and assignments will come from me, as long as you are in Centurion or Primus. I’m sure you’ve realised by now, but there will be different types of tasks designated to you. Anything from simple control-and-detain to protecting aristocrats is a possibility.

All I ask is that you complete each assignment to the best of your ability. The rebellion that’s growing within His Majesty’s borders needs to be stopped. You can help us return to the prosperous peace the Empire once relished. Feel free to visit my headquarters if you have any questions. I’d like to think of myself as less uptight than most Military Officials in the Empire. Good luck Challenger. I’ll be in contact soon…

VIV

O F‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎‎ T H E‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ R E B E L L I O N

“So you finally decided to leave those prissy idiots huh?..”

In case you haven’t heard it for the one-hundredth time already, welcome to the Rebellion ex-Challenger. I would be more formal, but there’s no point. This is the beginning. This is where we fight back against Kaisus and the Empire, and destroy the dictatorship he’s created for over four years. For the foreseeable future, you’ll get all your missions from me until told otherwise. Though I should warn you; you’ll be fighting against those you’ve laughed with, and fought alongside. You’ll also be targeting Military Officers, aristocrats with unbelievable security and resources, along with those who’s powers have accumulated over the years. You chose the hard road, and it’s not easy.

But that’s the case with any uprising. Let’s watch those pompous jerks burn, yeah? Meet me at the co-ordinates inscribed in this letter. Pack if you want, but be discreet when you leave Palatine! None of the patrolling guards should suspect a thing as you walk away. I’ll take you to one of our generals as soon as you reach the city. I’ll see you soon…

HASTAII‏‏‎ ‎ &‏‏‎ ‎ IMPERIAE‏‏‎ ‎ RANK‏‏‎ ‎ SUPERVISORS

???

O F‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ T H E‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ E M P I R E

???

O F‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎‎ T H E‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ R E B E L L I O N

10 Likes

6 Likes

‏‏‎ ‎

6 Likes

Alright. Prompt opponents next :blush:

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL NOTIFIED OTHERWISE

Thank you for your cooperation

8 Likes

G O O D - L U C K

P L A Y E R S

We hope you return safely from your assignments…

Please check the waiting list to see which opponent your character is up against.

Those with a single character have 7 days to send in 1 response. Those with two characters have 14 days to send in 2 responses.

Those dates are the 15th June and 22nd June respectively.

If you are affiliated to a side and hand in a response past the deadline, you will not be awarded a point to your team.

If you have a question about an opponent, check the ‘Kabanerry’s Opponent Q&A’ post beforehand (after the prompt posts), to make sure your question wasn’t already answered. Otherwise, ask away!

@PaperThinSkin14 @AlteruneSC @w41k3r_19880 @GlitchandGlitz @Mikizumi @DreamGirl_Moon @starches @LexiB09 @splicingtime @PercabethFanBoy1 @NovelWritingIsHard @evil-frog @Iggabat1 @BR3ND4N @moonlightshadow412 @WriterGirl017 @MystiKat39 @Der_Nervar @NoPaganiniHere @Waterwhite03 @CocoaGirl52 @danastj123 @Karot

10 Likes

A X E L

G R A V I T Y ' S ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎C O M P A S S

T H R E A T – L E V E L : C Y C L O P S

20 YEARS OLD ; 6’0

PERSONA : CALCULATING, ASSURED, APATHETIC

SIR ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎EMMETT‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ALLARD

BRIEFING

“We have no time! I’ll be explaining on the way, so keep up! Follow me, Challenger!”

Your target is a man going by the name of Axel, ranked Primus within the Colosseum. I’ve just gotten word that he’s been feeding information to the Rebels for almost a month now. He’s on the run as we speak, but the traitor is still within our reach. I’m sending you to intercept him just outside the Capital. Once he’s run into the forest a few miles out, it’ll be much harder to locate him. Capture him and return Axel to the Colosseum! I’ll be going to Headquarters to assess the damage. Bring him there when you’ve got him. I’m counting on you…

MISSION PLAN: INCAPACITATE & CAPTURE

A B I L I T I E S :

Emmett ‏‏‎ ‎passed ‏‏‎ ‎the ‏‏‎ ‎file ‏‏‎ ‎on ‏‏‎ ‎Axel ‏‏‎ ‎as ‏‏‎ ‎you ‏‏‎ ‎walked, a ‏‏‎ ‎car ‏‏‎ ‎pulling ‏‏‎ ‎up ‏‏‎ ‎on ‏‏‎ ‎the ‏‏‎ ‎driveway ‏‏‎ ‎at ‏‏‎ ‎that ‏‏‎ ‎moment...

GRAVITATIONAL COMPASS

Axel can control the direction and strength of gravity, applying his power onto himself, his opponents and objects. Following the traditional compass layout, Axel can manipulate gravity in eight directions:

NORTH, EAST, SOUTH, WEST

NORTH-EAST, NORTH-WEST, SOUTH-EAST & SOUTH-WEST

Axel can use this ability as freely as he wants (when directed onto his own body) without worrying about restrictions or physical injury. He can, therefore, fly limitlessly or move much faster than the average person - simply because he’s changing gravity’s directional pull. Axel can also manipulate gravity in multiple directions at once. For example, he can change the effects of gravity in both the east and north directions, allowing him to fly continuously. He can also apply gravitational effects onto specific limbs (be it his own or his opponents) such as an arm or leg, instead of just the whole body. The intercardinal directions are used for more precise movements and control. Because Axel is naturally much stronger than an average human, and considering the mechanics of his ability, the physical repercussions of him changing gravity will be near zero. As such, he will not become hurt from using his own ability.

GRAVITATIONAL COMPASS OFFENSE

When fighting, Axel counts on using his power and brute strength to take his opponents down. Disorientating those he’s against is also a big strategy of his, especially if he’s trying to get away quickly. Axel’s tactics range from shoving his opponents into objects (or vice versa), throwing them into the air, crushing them into the ground, or sending them flying in any of the intercardinal directions. Axel can also apply his powers to physical combat: he can increase the pull behind his punches whilst also dragging his opponent towards him, resulting in harder and more painful hits for those on the receiving end. Axel can control any object in sight, but the farther it is, the longer it takes for it to relocate.

Axel has a harder time controlling humans. As such, he can only control people directly after 20-second intervals. Because of this restriction, Axel typically controls objects and himself more often than others. Axel can control any object, no matter the size. However, the larger it is, the longer and harder Axel has to concentrate to move it. Things that are bound to the ground (such as trees or lamp posts) are also much harder for Axel to get a grasp on, although with enough time he can utilise them.

GRAVITATIONAL COMPASS DEFENSE

Because Axel can control objects, he usually changes the gravitational force of any projectiles heading towards him. Solid objects like arrows and swords are easier for Axel to manipulate. Magic spells are much harder, simply because they defy gravity in their own right. So anything that’s magic-based, he has a harder time controlling. This means he can’t change their course entirely; so instead of a magic ball heading towards him and Axel making it move straight to the left, the magic would swerve away from him slightly, instead of a clean change in direction. If the magic projectile is too close to him when fired, Axel is still fully capable of getting hit straight on. Axel can control 4-5 objects before having to take a 10-second break to regain his energy. As Axel can use his power on himself without limits, he will spend the interval dodging or fighting in closer quarters.

Keep ‏‏‎ ‎your ‏‏‎ ‎feet ‏‏‎ ‎on ‏‏‎ ‎the ‏‏‎ ‎ground...

P R O M P T

You had been running for about thirty seconds at this point, but Axel was adamant on not slowing down. And time wasn’t on your side.

Sir Allard had guided you towards a residential area on the edge of the Capital, and the increase in greenery only highlighted the main issue: Axel was getting closer to the forest encasing one side of the city, and catching him amongst the trees would be much harder than amongst concrete.

You kept a keen eye on him as he dashed between rooftops, your feet trying to keep up on the ground, dodging anyone in the way. You saw Axel peek at you briefly through his hood, still sprinting as fast as he could above you. You swear you saw him scowl, but he pulled his gaze forward before you could confirm your suspicions.

But whilst dodging any civilians in the way, and making sure you kept up your pace, you didn’t notice Axel’s left hand spreading out to the side. The action was only brought to your attention when you noticed a dark blue figure glide above your head, landing on the roofing to your left. But as your eyes followed from one side to the other, they landed on a wooden box hurtling in your direction.

Axel had activated his power, the crate containing God knows what aiming to slam into your side, getting you off his tail in an instant.

What does your character do?

P L E A S E - R E A D

If you would like to see a full image of the prompt opponent (for descriptions etc), please check the waiting list.

REPLY TO THIS POST WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR RESPONSE.

You can end on a definite capture for this mission. You do not need to end on a cliffhanger. All responses that end in a definite capture will be judged on the realism of the battle and the strategy used to incapacitate Axel.

Also, feel free to write some of the prompt into your response. Set the scene. Enjoy the prompt and the new Arc!

PROMPT VALID TILL 22ND JUNE

7 Likes

P O R T E R

T H E ‏‏‎ ‎ E S C A P E ‏‏‎ ‎ P L A N

18 YEARS OLD ; 5’7

PERSONA : MISCHEVIOUS, DECEPTIVE, HOSTILE

VIV

BRIEFING

“Idiot! They followed you here! Crap…you need to deal with them, and fast!”

I don’t know what happened, but you’re being tailed by Porter from the I.I.D! Shit! He’s one of the best transporters the Empire’s got! They’re probably trying to find where we’re located, and are using you as the guide. I can’t take you anywhere or show myself unless we both want to get in serious trouble! The longer you fight him the more likely others will turn up…You need to run, now!

MISSION PLAN: ESCAPE

A B I L I T I E S :

So...we ‏‏‎ ‎have ‏‏‎ ‎a ‏‏‎ ‎new ‏‏‎ ‎Colosseum ‏‏‎ ‎traitor?

PORTAL

Porter can create circular interdimensional portals at will, using them for offence and defence. Porter can also create portals that vary in diameter, using them in small spaces or hiding them for a surprise attack. His specially forged gloves help Porter control his power and direct it as he wishes; without them, his ability can become unstable and unpredictable. Every portal he makes is black with a swirling green centre. In terms of what he can do, Porter can’t create portals further than 400 metres away from himself when in combat. However, these portals can appear anywhere within 400 metres. They aren’t expelled exclusively from his hands. Plus, Porter can’t have more than four portals on the field at once. Whilst he can travel long distances, it takes a decent amount of time and energy for him to move that far. Either way, there’s no need for him to travel miles whilst he’s fighting an opponent nearby.

The portals are also unrestricted to what they can teleport. But Porter can’t teleport other people very readily. He can only move others through his portals once every 30 seconds, so he typically uses it as a defensive measure. He can move through his portals freely, however. Porter’s portals are also static. Once he has placed them in the environment, he cannot move them or change their shape. If Porter has 4 portals already placed, and he wants to place another down elsewhere, his oldest portal will disappear to accommodate. There is no delay between travel between portals either; Porter himself cannot stay within the interdimensional space for a prolonged period of time. Once you step through his portal, you will be immediately expelled elsewhere.

PORTAL SPIKES & GENERAL OFFENSE

Using already existing portals, Porter can extend long spikes from their centre. The lengths they can reach are undefined; Porter is fully capable of using a portal from the other end of the battlefield to skewer enemies hundreds of metres away. Porter can use these spikes as freely as he wants, and he can form spikes simultaneously from all four portals if he wished.

When he’s not using the spikes, Porter enjoys creating confusion and chaos to win the upper hand. One of his favourite moves is sending an opponent through a portal (either by making one right in front of their face or at their feet) and creating another portal 400 metres in the air for them to free fall. By that point, Porter would already be sending a massive spike in their direction to pierce through them as they fell.

Because of the lack of delay between portal space, Porter often uses natural forces to his advantage to attack. For example, he could drop through a portal on the floor, teleport to a portal facing an opponent, and kick them right in the face or chest using the momentum from falling through the ground. Porter often finds creative ways to attack using this ability, finding sure-fire ways to bring any adversaries down.

PORTAL DEFENSE

To defend against attacks, Porter dodges using his portals to evade attacks, or he absorbs attacks using his portals. This is the only defence he has, and he’s really good at timing his portals to protect him against the worst of attacks. If an opponent has become especially close, Porter can summon all 4 portals around him and extend their spikes. This would create a fortified cage around him or slice through anyone already there.

Porter can also use his interdimensional gates to capture projectiles and send them back at enemies. Porter can only redirect opponents attacks on occasion, mostly focusing on dodging attacks and saving his energy until absolutely necessary.

Keep ‏‏‎ running. ‏‏‎ I'll ‏‏‎ catch ‏‏‎ you ‏‏‎ eventually...

P R O M P T

You had only just entered the forest surrounding the Capital. Your body dashed through the foliage in an attempt to get as far away from Empire as possible. It had only been about a minute when the sound of laughter made you speed up instantaneously. Your mind raced then; you seriously debated dropping the belongings you held to run faster, but quickly decided against it. Who could be following you? You made sure to leave as quietly as possible. The Empire? But who could even—

“Where do you think you’re going ____?!” The voice yelled after you as you continued to put one foot in front of the other, dodging between the trees with each step. They knew your name and were most likely following you with less than honourable intentions. It could only be the Empire.

“Last time I checked, you weren’t assigned a mission today!”

Your heartbeat raced both from the physical exertion, and the fact that the voice seemed to be getting closer. And that they didn’t seem to be getting as tired as you were. You ignored them and kept going. You knew the moment you stopped, was likely the moment they caught up.

A few seconds passed, and you started to become suspicious as the voice and noises around you went silent. But the sudden calm was quickly interrupted when a gaping hole appeared a few metres ahead. A swirling centre of moss green captivated you for a brief moment, but the colours contorted and twisted until a spike erupted from its core, aiming straight for your chest. And you were still running towards it at full strength.

“I think it’s time you came back with me!” The faceless voice shouted from behind you, a clear smugness emanating in their tone.

P L E A S E - R E A D

If you would like to see a full image of the prompt opponent (for descriptions etc), please check the waiting list.

You can end on a definite escape for this mission. You do not need to end on a cliffhanger. This can include defeating Porter, incapacitating him long enough to escape or hiding after fighting him for a while. All responses that end in a definite escape will be judged on the realism of the battle and the strategy used to run away.

Also, feel free to write some of the prompt into your response. Set the scene. Enjoy the prompt and the new Arc!

PROMPT VALID TILL 15TH JUNE/22ND JUNE

8 Likes

J E D

T H E ‏‏‎ ‎ A R C A N E ‏‏‎ ‎ L E A D E R

21 YEARS OLD ; 6’1

PERSONA : ASSERTIVE, PROUD, PERCEPTIVE

There’s a gang growing in the Empire, calling themselves ‘Arcane’. We’ve been monitoring them closely, but there hasn’t been an issue until now. Their leader, Jed, has been teaching himself Arcane magic; he deems this energy to be the purest form of magic one can wield. Whilst he isn’t exactly false, Jed has been spreading his ideologies of destroying other forms of magic around the Capital. Only yesterday, there was a large fight including Arcane and another magic-based group. Needless to say, Jed won by a landslide. But the destruction he left was unbelievable; the battle destroyed 2 square miles of the city. We can’t look the other way this time. Jed needs to be stopped before he grows too strong for one person to handle. There will be no specific plan going into this. You are free to approach the target as you see fit. Jed will likely be in Arcane HQ by the time you’re deployed. All you have to do is incapacitate Jed long enough to bring him to the Colosseum. I’ll send you his exact co-ordinates when you get in range. Good luck Challenger…

A B I L I T I E S :

The ‏‏‎ ‎purest ‏‏‎ ‎form ‏‏‎ ‎of ‏‏‎ ‎magic ‏‏‎ ‎energy ‏‏‎ ‎is ‏‏‎ ‎mine ‏‏‎ ‎for ‏‏‎ ‎the ‏‏‎ ‎taking...

ARCANE MAGIC

Whilst not being able to control arcane magic at the highest level, Jed has developed a growing affinity for it; he’s become accustomed to manipulating purple streams of pure energy into basic forms, using it to attack and defend. As Jed is a magic-based fighter, there are specific ways in which he’s been recorded using his abilities against our soldiers. Study the following information carefully Challenger…

Magic Flight: Jed can use a portion of his energy to fly. However, he cannot fly for indefinite periods of time: Jed can only stay in the air for about 10 seconds before having to land. After landing, he can only fly again after 20 seconds. As such, he focuses his energy on flying when he needs to relocate or avoid attacks. Jed can still use any ability whilst in the air.

Arcane Projectiles: Jed can form magic balls of energy in both hands to attack with. This is his most basic and most used form of magic. These projectiles can travel a distance of 100 metres and take no time for Jed to charge up. He can also use this power indefinitely.

Arcane Beam: Jed’s second most used offensive spell is his highly concentrated beam of arcane energy. It takes him about 2-3 seconds to charge up, and it’s capable of pushing back anyone unprepared for the attack. Jed can only use the beam 3 times a fight, due to the amount of magic energy needed to power it. This spell is also capable of destroying small structures or burning through weak materials. Getting hit head-on with this spell is a bad idea…

Magic Burst: when enemies get too close to him, Jed can then release stored energy within his body as a controlled explosion around him. The magic shockwave expands a distance of 50 metres, pushing back anything within its circumference. Jed can only do this once per fight, and he can do it instantaneously.

Arcane Shielding: as his main form of defence, Jed is surrounded by a medium-strength magic shield that encompasses his whole body. Whilst not the weakest shield, it isn’t extremely strong either. After a few well-placed hits or bullets, the passive shield will break. When it does, Jed will have to actively place a shield around his body at the appropriate moment. Even though Jed can use his shield indefinitely, he cannot attack offensively whilst it is up.

CARVED STAFF

By infusing a wooden pole with Arcane magic, Jed can utilise the glowing staff effectively in close-quarters combat. Due to the weapon’s enhancements, the staff is a lot stronger than normal, and each strike is encased with magic, making them much harder to parry. The staff can also fire a single Arcane Beam in place of himself, using previously stored energy. Because the weapon is carved using Jed’s own magic, the staff can return to his hands with a single thought. This allows him to toss the staff like a high-powered javelin straight at his enemies, only to have it return to him in seconds.

Are ‏‏‎ ‎you ‏‏‎ ‎a ‏‏‎ ‎new ‏‏‎ ‎recuit? ‏‏‎ ‎I ‏‏‎ ‎guess ‏‏‎ ‎not...

Jed is currently in the main hall of Arcane HQ, found on the top floor of three. From the information given to us, Jed is with one other non-combatant that would likely run away given the chance. The building itself resembles a large guild house, people adorning Arcane’s brand on their bodies and clothing coating the area. Some are dedicated guards, others are simply members. Most guards have little-to-no magic ability and fight with conventional weapons. The chance of running into a guard that can use arcane magic is slim, but possible.

You study the structure. Two points of entry. Everything else is either too much effort and risks alarming the target, or is too well-guarded to ensure a clean capture.

A P P R O A C H # 0 1

There’s the back door, obviously. Guarded by two members. There’s no other members in the area apart from these two, so taking them out of the equation should be easy. If you went this way, you’d be fighting your way to the top floor. You’d have to be sneaky or quick, nothing in between. Accounting for two sets of stairs and a 5-metre walk between each one, you’d likely bump into 2-4 guards on your way. Some may be patrolling the hallways. Others may be walking up or down the stairs. Silence them quickly or quietly, preferably both. There are various objects (cabinets, statues, decorations etc) for you to hide behind or use as weapons. The doors to the main hall are decorated with Jed’s signature carvings at the end of the hallway. Fight and capture him there. When choosing this approach, stealth is key.

“That’s all the information I have for you regarding this approach Challenger.”

A P P R O A C H # 0 2

There’s a large window connecting to the main hall. It definitely looks breakable. A hard enough kick, punch, or even a body slamming into it full force would shatter it. There’s just the issue of how to get that high? Being able to fly would be helpful. Do you have anything to help you get there easily? If not, there’s a dark alleyway directly beside the building. Climbing the drainage pipe and getting to the windowsill should be easy. You’ll just have to hope there are no Arcane members hiding in the shadows. You’ll have to silence them if there is. It’s a quick way to get to the hall, but quite a loud one at that. Shattering the window would alert those below, giving you a time limit of about 2 minutes before Jed gets a horde of reinforcements. Consider this option carefully…

“That’s all the information I have for you regarding this approach Challenger.”

P L E A S E - R E A D

QUOTE OR STATE THE APPROACH YOU ARE WRITING IN YOUR RESPONSE

The goal of this ‘mission’ is to incapacitate and capture Jed. As per the approaches, you will have to fight your way to him, albeit briefly. Then fight him directly. As such, you can end the response in your character capturing him instead of a cliffhanger if you wish. All responses that end in a definite capture will be judged on the realism of how it was done and the strategy used.

Enjoy the prompt guys!

PROMPT VALID TILL 15TH JUNE/22ND JUNE

15 Likes

R E S P O N S E - L I S T

ϟ │ ⌘ │ ₪

C L I C K M E
REF. NAME RESPONSE PROMPT STATUS USER
01 MAI SUBMITTED P @PaperThinSkin14
[ 02 ] ABEL FIREFLY SUBMITTED A @AlteruneSC
03 WALKER #19880 SUBMITTED P @w41k3r_19880
04 RAI STORM SUBMITTED @GlitchandGlitz
[ 05 ] TARA FULLMETAL SUBMITTED @AlteruneSC
[ 06 ] COLTON BERNHEARDT & TYLER BENNET FEATHERSTONE SUBMITTED P @Mikizumi
[ 08 ] MOON SUBMITTED @DreamGirl_Moon
[ 09 ] EVANDER FAUST SUBMITTED A @starches
10 SKYE SUBMITTED @LexiB09
11 HOLLY LUCIAS SUBMITTED @splicingtime
14 JULIAN DATWERTZ RESPONSE @PercabethFanBoy1
[ 15 ] HANNAH DAVENPORT RESPONSE @NovelWritingIsHard
17 BRIELLA ALINA RAELLYNIA SUBMITTED @evil-frog
[ 19 ] BENJI SUBMITTED @Mikizumi
[ 21 ] AIDAN SUBMITTED @DreamGirl_Moon
22 BRIAN SUBMITTED @Iggabat1
23 JESSE SUBMITTED @BR3ND4N
24 GENESIS SUBMITTED @moonlightshadow412
25 SANAA SUBMITTED @WriterGirl017
26 LEVI SUBMITTED A @kabanerry
28 GREYMOORE RESPONSE @Der_Nervar
[ 29 ] ESTELLE SUBMITTED @starches
30 MAGGIE RESPONSE @MystiKat39
31 NIGHTSHADE RESPONSE @Der_Nervar
32 DEXIN LAVETROUSOS RESPONSE @NoPaganiniHere
33 JET SUBMITTED @Waterwhite03
34 ATANALE SUBMITTED @CocoaGirl52
35 MATEO SUBMITTED @danastj123
36 KAROT C. VIN SUBMITTED @Karot
37 SCARLETT INFERNO SUBMITTED @Particularly_No_One
38 SELA KEARNEY RESPONSE DUE 16TH @shakespearian1
39 APRIL-ELIZABETH KANE SUBMITTED @kacchan
40 REYNA MIENKOFF & CAHLLA MIENKOFF RESPONSE @NovelWritingIsHard
41 DA JI SUBMITTED @MainsGrills
44 RYAN ARAFA SUBMITTED @Blitzei
8 Likes

PRESENTING KABANERRY’S

WAIT-THERE’S-A-REBELLION-NOW?!..HOW-DO-I-WIN?! SHOP

NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS

good luck guys. ask away!

9 Likes

K A B A N E R R Y ' S

O P P O N E N T

Q & A

because winning writing cliff-hangers ain’t easy…

A X E L

nothin’ yet I’m afraid…

P O R T E R
  1. What kind of movement does porter need to make to summon his portals?
    He doesn’t need any movement. He can make the portals with his mind. Though in the writing he’d make a show of it and lift his hands. But he doesn’t need to do that.

2. What exactly would happen if Mai took the gloves?
    He enters beast mode. I’ll just say that much…
    Just don’t take off his gloves or your character will die 100%.

3. Does porter have enhanced senses or armour? Or just human senses and a jacket?
    He just has human senses. Nothing crazy. He doesn’t have armour either, he uses his portals to defend.

4. How soft are Porter’s spikes?
    They’re not soft at all. They’re as tough as metal. So you can think of them as spiky metal beams. As such, they’re quite dense.

J E D

ARCANE HQ EXAMPLES
If I had to describe the HQ’s exterior, it’d be ‘medieval’. Cobblestone walls, wooden doors. Bear in mind that the general colour scheme of Arcane HQ is a dark purple, so there’d be accents of it almost everywhere.

So purple carpets, purple drapes hanging outside the guild house etc. I’ll leave the fine details up to you, but that’s how the Arcane guild is set up generally. The guards are also wearing purple accents/clothing. I shall provide some images of what the guards would look like or wear, given they can either use magic or not.

CLICK ME

EXTERIOR

The best one I could find after some searching. It’s the big house. It’d obviously be in a more pristine condition, and much bigger overall, but this is close to what it’d look like. You can imagine the alleyway going down the side in this picture too, and it’d be pretty dark considering sunlight wouldn’t get in there most of the day.

There’d be Arcane members walking outside in the street too and guards stationed around the outside. And of course the lone guards at the back entrance.

STAIRWAY & HALLWAY

Pretty close to what I was imagining. Though the connecting staircase would be further away than a straight turn, as they’re 5 meters away from each other. There’d be tables w/ magic artefacts, cabinets and statues small and medium-sized in the hallways as well (to hide behind/attack with etc). Floor-length curtains covering the windows are also there. And of course, patrolling guards. There may be one guard alone, or two. But never more than two.

GREAT HALL

Pretty much spot on, just without the tables at the bottom, as guild members don’t eat there. The great hall is more like a practice room and where meetings are held. In this case, just imagine Jed with the person he’s meeting over on the far end, past the opposing staircase. There’s a big table over there, so they’re discussing/working on something

GUARDS
If anything, the guild looks like a bunch of bandits. :joy: The guards who don’t use magic would be wearing little metal amour (if any) with the majority of it being leather. They have swords, axes, machetes etc etc. Magic users wouldn’t carry anything on them. They’d be wearing cloth only, with no leather or metal. Strange detail, but the magic users would be wearing sleeveless shirts most of the time. They’d all have the purple accents representing Arcane though. Apart from that, everything else is up for change, so adapt the pictures below as you see fit. I’m not too bothered about how you describe the guards, considering they’ll get tossed around most of the time… :sweat_smile:

GENERAL

MAGIC USER

1. The guards at Arcane HQ…are they normal guards, magic guards, or a combination of both?
    A combination of both. Though you’re more likely to run into normal guards. Quote:

Most guards have little-to-no magic ability and fight with conventional weapons. The chance of running into a guard that can use arcane magic is slim, but possible.

1. Is there any way to disguise as one of the Arcane, with strange runes and whatnots?

No.

1. How big is Jed’s office/room?
    He’s in the main hall. It’s pretty big. 30 metres by 30 metres most likely, if you wanted a specific number.

2. Any sort of surveillance in and around HQ?
    Apart from the guards, there are no surveillance cameras. I didn’t want their security to be overbearing, so the only thing you need to watch out for are actual people.

3. What does the typical Arcane member look like (diverse population? Or humans only?)?
    Humans only.

4. Do they monitor who goes in and out? Any weird ‘members only: passwords’ thing?
    Yes, they do. If they don’t recognise you (so everyone there) they will stop to ask who you are and for a password. I’ll leave you to imagine the specific details, but you can’t just walk straight past them.

5. How many members are there (plus guards)?
    Hundreds. The guard detail is numerous as well, but the sections I chose are specific avenues I gave you so that you’d stand a chance of getting in. They essentially own the neighbourhood.

6. Does the Arcane HQ have a system alarm that can be sounded quickly and conveniently by guards?
    Yes. Since it’s a magic guild, it’s sounded pretty much instantly. If you don’t defeat them quick enough, they’ll alert everyone and your target is gone.

7. What if you want to ‘join’ the Arcane?
    They’d direct you away from the HQ and tell you to take the proper avenues to join (sign up sheet etc etc). Only actual guild members are allowed in HQ. They won’t let you waltz straight in because you claim to want to join them.

8. What does it take to sound the alarm? So if a single intruder goes in, it’s sounded?
    No. It’s more a guard sees you, initiates a magic communication and therefore alerts the whole guild. It takes about 3-4 seconds.

9. Would it be suspicious to have an outsider escorted by guards, saying they wanted to see Jed?
    Yes. Considering they never do that.

10. What does arcane magic look like? As in, if it’s passive (not a fresh cast), is it visible? Can you detect it?
    No, it isn’t visible. If Jed or the guards are intending to cast a spell, their hands don’t glow. If they intend to cast a spell, their entire hand is encased in a purple light/magic. You can’t really detect it since it’s completely off if it’s ‘passive’.

11. Does casting arcane magic require body movements, chanting, etc.?
    No chanting. Just mind control. In order to direct spells, Jed needs to point his arms in that direction. But that’s it.

12. Would Jed negotiate/talk when confronted with a danger, or strike at first sight?
    If you’ve made yourself known as an enemy or it’s obvious you’re not meant to be there, he’d attack. Of course, you’ve just walked into him whilst he’s in a meeting of some sort, so it’s obvious you’re not meant to be there. He’d likely shout at you to leave but on you refusing to do so he’d attack.

13. Further elaboration of Jed’s personality (I have some shit that might go down depending on how this is answered).

In terms of proud, he’s really confident in his beliefs and power. Since he’s currently the one who can control Arcane magic the best (as far as he knows) he is a little big-headed, but not overbearingly so. It’s just obvious from a glance that he’s quite a self-assured individual

In terms of his assertiveness, considering he’s the leader of a whole guild, he’s quite strict and commanding. A sort of ‘don’t disobey me or question my orders without a good enough reason’ type of deal. He isn’t a dictator, but he doesn’t like unfaithful/troublesome members. It’s hard to change his mind when he’s set on something and has quite an intimidating presence.

On perceptiveness, Jed focuses on the smaller details and watches his opponents carefully. Albeit he’ll jump into a fight a little fast at times, but once he’s fighting, he still has his head screwed on tight and is good at formulating effective strategies off the bat.

1. Does Jed have a tendency to practice in the main hall?
    Practise magic? Yes, but not typically himself. He’d more or less be training members with magic potential in the Great hall rather than training himself.

2. If Jed’s got a shield in place, can he still shoot beams and balls through the shield?
    If it’s a passive shield, yes.
    If it’s a shield he’s projecting manually, no.

3. Can you teleport into his personal space (inside of shield) if he has that shield going on?
    No.

4. Can he shoot arcane magic out of his mouth/eyes?
    No.

5. What time of day is the infiltration?
    Early afternoon. So 1-2pm.

6. Is that staff breakable?
    No.

7. It’s a capture/incapacitate, so killing would result in an immediate loss, right? And it doesn’t matter if his cult members run away, only that he doesn’t?
    Killing him is an immediate loss. Letting him escape is also an immediate loss. You do not care about the other guild members. Your mission is to get Jed incapacitated enough to take him to the Colosseum. The other guild members are just a distraction/threat you need to eliminate or avoid.

8. What damage does his projectiles do?
    They’ll leave you bruised if you get hit head-on with one. It’ll hurt quite a bit, so after 3-4 you’ll be in bad shape. It’s more like a burn coupled with getting hit hard by a baseball bat a couple of times.

9. Is the burn like a dangerous burn or an uncomfortably hot kind of burn?
    Uncomfortable burn. Nothing like actual fire, it just burns/stings when you get hit. What you’ll be feeling is the concussion, but it stings as well.

10. If they hit the walls/floor (his projectiles), what sort of impact would it have? Do his spells bounce?
    No they don’t bounce. If the wall is weak/thin they destroy the wall. But if the wall is stronger, then it’ll crumble it a bit but nothing crazy. This is the case with the floor as well. Jed cannot destroy the floor with his projectiles.

11. Does the staff firing a beam count as Jed firing a beam?
    You’re asking if that takes up one of his 3 uses? No. The staff counts as an independent beam blast, so he has 4 at his disposal.

12. On a scale of 1-10, how good are Jed’s reflexes?
    He’s not slow, but he can’t dodge bullets or anything like that. He likes his shield too.

13. Can you bounce off of the shield if you hit it, or does it zap you or something?
    You bounce off of the shield.

14. How many attacks from a blade can the shield take?
    From his full strength passive shield? 6-10 slashes depending on if each one was at full power/stroke.

15. If you get hit from the arcane beam, dos the spot where you got hit smoke or anything? Say Jed fires an Arcane Beam at you and you shield yourself with your arms. What would happen?
    You don’t burn up or anything. It’s a push back and concussive force that can burn. You can think of it like a laser beam.

16. How good is Jed’s martial arts (without magic?)
    Quite good. I wouldn’t say he’s at a master level, but he is trained well enough to hold his own. Probably around 7/10. And he has a staff that he uses.

17. Would he be willing to accept allies?
    No. Not in this situation.

18. Is Jed’s shockwave/magic burst have a 2D or 3D effect?
    3D.

19. Does the staff run out of all its magical energy when the beam has been fired?
    The staff is infused with magic so its physical enhancements/additions don’t disappear. It runs out of energy that can be used to formulate a magic beam, but it doesn’t become a normal wood staff after it’s been fired.

13 Likes