Cause I'm bored... how much some bestsellers are making right now

I have a handy program that lets me research this sort of data and I’m really bored so I’ve been playing with it.

The first number is DAILY, the second is MONTHLY.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $40,994 $942,871
Where the Crawdads Sing $33,777 $776,882
Little Fires Everywhere $37,403 $860,259
The Splendid and the Vile $44,970 $1,034,310
Untamed $21,350 $491,059
The Silent Patient $21,198 $487,556
American Dirt $40,423 $929,730

Got any books you want me to look up?

How about The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

The Starless Sea $1,311 $30,160

2 Likes

Oooh, not doing as well as expected then. How about her other book, The Night Circus ?

Worse.

The Night Circus $614 $14,124

1 Like

No wai! And that was such a good book! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

I guess it’s true that you just can’t earn a living these days as a writer… (♯ᴖ.ლ)

faints haha

How about a top self-published title, like Darklight by Bella Forrest? Currently #114 in the Kindle store.

Imagine making that much money off of such a godawful book.

Darklight $3,694 $84,951

Also…

The John Milton Series (Books 1-3) by Mark Dawson (who banked over $1 Million last year) $776 $17,837

1 Like

I’d be surprised if that one was accurate. I just checked the John Milton series and it’s ranked #1600 in the Amazon store. No way that’s making 775 USD a day. I spent some time around 500 in the story and was making 400 a day.

Is this KindleSpy you’re using?

i have beef with jk rowling so i’m a little salty that she’s still making that much money on a relatively mediocre book (oof the stans are coming for me) but i’m so proud of where the crawdads sing i love that book

Yikes! You’re right. I mangled the copying and pasting for that one. I was trying to do this:

The House in the Woods (Atticus Priest Book 1) $689 $15,858

Sort of. I’m using KDP Rocket. Now known as Publisher Rocket.

1 Like

That definitely looks more accurate.

And I imagine that’s ‘total’ what the book makes in the day, not what the author makes. So, for example, with that book ranked around 500 making 689 you first take away Amazon’s 30% cut.

So 482 is passed on to the author / publisher. If you are self published, you keep all of that 482.

If you are trad pubbed, assuming you’ve paid back your advance, you’ll get something like 25% of that 482, or 120.

Right.

I agree. I stopped reading after 100 or 150 pages.

Interesting. Thanks for this.

So… wait a minute… that’s how much money the author is making off that book? Or is it the overall company/how much it made in sales? :thinking:

In any case, how about Again, but Better by Christine Riccio? I’m curious how much it’s getting considering that the author is a major BookTuber.

I should clarify. The figures are what the eBook brings in on Amazon. It’s not what the author is earning. Just over all sales for eBooks on Amazon.

That book’s sales for the month was only $200, and no sales today. Alas.

1 Like

Ah. Okay! :slight_smile: Makes a lot more sense now lol.

And oof. But it’s still making money, so at least it’s something. xD

Anything on the Savior’s Champion by Jenna Moreci, or Brightly Burning (and or) the Stars We Steal both by Alexa Donne?