Character Theme Songs?

writing
question
discussion
music

yo también escucho música mientras escribo por ejemplo escucho de BTS, y apenas subí una historia y espero ser apoyada ya que me gusta mucho escribir.

1 Like

I use music while I write to keep myself in the mood and setting of my book. I typically, if the music or a specific song had a heavy creative influence, end up posting it in my chapter for my readers to maybe experience the same feeling.

This is my main character’s theme song. I later found out it refers to Michael Moorcock’s Eternal Champion, but … eh, let’s go with it anyway.

I also have a playlist for my story, and usually I play a particular song on repeat during the writing of a whole chapter. I have no idea why, but sometimes a particular song catches me and then I can’t play anything else until I’ve written down that last word. The music I use for writing isn’t necessarily what I’d listen to for entertainment. For instance, my last song on repeat has been “Mockingbird” by Eminem, which is very powerful during writing, but wouldn’t appeal to me otherwise.

I guess if I should pick a theme song for my female MC, I think Lightning Crashes by Live would be a good one. But I’m not a 100% content with that choice.

I do this too! I actually have a whole YouTube playlist of just character songs I share with my stuff sometimes.

My current MC’s song is Celldweller- Tainted

1 Like

image Celldweller has some good stuff

1 Like

Hello!

Yeh, music is something that really helps me write and flesh out a character. I think most of my protagonists I have selected certain themes for them and all, or music I think is related to their character or is fitting. Plus, I also think music has been inspiration in fleshing out some of my more impact or deep scenes, the only problem being they’re so far away, heh.

I don’t know if my characters have individual theme songs, but my story definitely has its own:

My character theme songs:

Connie May (Connie Supernatural)

Zee Khien (The Phoenix Stone)

Honey, I have a whole spotify playlist for my story. Like, whenever i can’t think of what to write I just go back to the playlist and refocus on where I am at the musical timeline I created.

1 Like

Same here :laughing:

1 Like

i’ve interwoven a character’s theme into the story once by having them listen to that piece of music as the scene goes on (it was “vallon sonore”, from berlioz’s les troyens), but other than that, i’ve not really utilised music in the way that many others would, like making whole playlists and whatnot

But if I had to pick one song for my main character (Amneris) I would pick Never Too Late by Three Days Grace

For my second main character (Assar) I would have to go with Start A Riot by BANNERS

Not sure if my story (The Forgotten War) has a theme but a song that works really works for it is Learning To Fly by Hills x Hills

I have a YouTube playlist of theme songs for every one of the main characters in my story, examples of what I want their voices to sound like, and theme songs for the story itself. I also have a playlist of relationship theme songs for the main pairings (from the perspectives of each partner) and opening and ending credit theme songs for hypothetical future animated series and also songs for playing while writing that set the tone for different scenes like action music or creepy music.

I breathe music.

1 Like

I have a playlist as well for Nicole. It’s called happy music… not super happy but happy music all the same.

The theme of my character is “No More” from disturbed, the lyrics about fighting for your own and not for the ones in power fit perfectly my character