Clarification on "Please keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy"?

I was looking at some ambassador-run genre profiles on the main site, thinking of submitting to some of their reading lists. They all state “Please keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy” but I’m aware that some of those profiles do accept submissions of stories tagged as Mature.

I feel like I’m missing something really obvious. Stories tagged as Mature aren’t, by definition, suitable for all Wattpadders to enjoy. That’s why they’re tagged as Mature. Could someone please clarify for me what the “appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy” bit on all the ambassador-run genre profiles refers to, if it doesn’t relate to Mature stories?

If there’s a better place for me to ask this, please let me know. Also, I’m not asking about the site-wide content guidelines. I’ve read those and I’m aware they obviously have to be followed. It’s literally just that one thing I’m confused by because it seems a bit contradictory.

I did message a few profiles I’d been looking at and one of them got back to me to let me know that they and some other profiles accept Mature submissions, but I’m still none the wiser as to what that line means if it isn’t about that.

I feel like this might be a silly question, but I don’t want to submit to genre profile reading lists until I have a better understanding.

i was actually wondering about this too :sob:

I’m commenting here just to keep tabs on the thread. I want clarification on this too. :eyes:

1 Like

Yes. Someone please clarify

So, I heard back from a couple of lovely people at two of the genre profiles I’d messaged and they said it meant that submissions to their reading lists should adhere to Wattpad’s content guidelines.

I’m still a bit confused about why it’s expressed that way, because it doesn’t appear to mean the same thing (or at least I didn’t understand it that way initially) but clarification has been had, so yay! Hopefully that’s been helpful for you too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always wonder if they’ll accept mature stories since some of mine are indeed mature, and as you said, some of them seems to accept, so I’d really want a clarification on that as well

2 Likes

I just messaged the profiles and asked about Mature stories. Apparently some accept them and some don’t, and it might be mentioned in their individual guidelines somewhere too.

1 Like

thanks for the follow up!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like