CONTESTS: HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY EVER WON (anything)?

I was wondering if anyone has ever won (not known someone who has won), but has won themselves a contest issued by Wattpad or a Contest started by a member/ambassador (i.e. Starry Awards).

If so, list the date you won, the book/work title, the award received, and any prizes/notoriety acknowledgements

If not, feel free to complain about fake contests posted…

There r many awards hosted by WP users. Do they count?

1 Like

i have never won anything apart from some prizes in the raffles at school fairs

1 Like

I had my story duplicated in an anthology. I think the real winners are the WP users hosting the contests, who make following them part of the requirements.

5 Likes

Lmao yeah, they host awards for the sole reason of getting followers but I’ve seen some (rarely) who r dedicated and state that following isn’t necessary.

3 Likes

@JBCameron and @KaiseyEliysian

I have seen the same.

Why do we have to tag like 500 people to submit our work and enter a contest? The following I sort of get. Just so you’ll be notified all at once.

1 Like

I can have patience with the tags but when they ask to follow their entire family present on wattpad, I’m out.

3 Likes

LMAO… So true

I just dont want to bother my friends with a shit load of tags I know they have no interest in.

1 Like

I have a trick here. I tag random ppl then write in a bracket (just to spread the word of the competition : )
So they don’t get irked or whatever

1 Like

And it’s crazy some of them (rare peeps) end up liking my book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You do that and it’s cool

I do that and I’ll get booted off for spamming

1 Like

Ow lol. U never know what type of a person is there on WP, so I try to be as polite as possible

1 Like

I’m too honest to be polite.

1 Like

Understandable.
So r u participating in the Wattys?

1 Like

Hell no

2 Likes

Lmao why

1 Like

i’ve won a lot of them, and i’ve also won the Readers Choice Awards (one of the biggest user-run contests here)

i generally never join ones that require people to tag like 7438290 users & give a shoutout

2 Likes

The rules are ridiculous. I don’t buy into it. I write for myself and anyone who wants to read my creativity they can.
I don’t need some website commercializing my works.

3 Likes

I’ve also won some WP user run awards but the odd thing? I never put the winning sticker on my book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: kinda makes my cover crowded hehe

3 Likes