COOL TRASH (6.0): Open Novella Contest Edition/General Writing Support Thread.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PARTICIPATING IN ONC TO HANG OUT IN THIS THREAD!

Hello!

First off, the obvious question: What in the world is this?
Cool Trash is a rehash of an old support community- the upgrades Iphone XL version. Now with more Cool and more Trash. Batteries not included.

We are writers. We are cool. We write trash. We are proud of our trash! You should be too.

In all seriousness: This is a writing support community. We are simply a collection of writers who enjoy pushing each other, supporting each other, and discussing our deep and possibly unhealthy obsessions with our characters and stories. We also post pet photos and bad memes.

And we hang out in the dumpster behind 7-11

Need to complain about something? We got you.
Wanna celebrate a victory? We got you.
Wanna have deep discussions about the universe and what it means to be human? We got you.
Wanna make terrible puns? We’ve SUPER got you.

Q: What is the Open Novella Contest? Good Question! I don’t really know that much myself, as this will be my first time on Wattpad while it takes place- but we have some veterans in this thread who can help out.

From what I’ve gathered, ONC is a contest held by ambassadors to write a 20K-40K novel in a set length of time, based on one of the prompts they set up.
There are a few rounds of trials you must pass: 2K, 10K, 20K, and with each of those rounds, they will announce the novellas that have been chosen to move on to the next round of judging.
This continues until they’ve selected a few winners at 20K words.

For more (and better) information, check out their profile page: [HERE]

Q: What does that have to do with this thread? Another good question! You’re so smart.
Not much really. We have a lot of regulars in this thread who will be participating in the ONC, so this will primarily be a place where we discuss our progress, talk about issues, rant, complain, celebrate and support each other and track progress.
This is not a place to fish for feedback, reads, reading partners etc. If you would like a thread where you can gather more feedback, find reading buddies, exchange feedback etc. check out @SurferJulz thread on ONC support.

Everyone is welcome in Cool Trash!

We are inclusive AF.

No ONC entry required.

Our motto is: Love is all weeb need.

Never forget that.

TAGLIST:

@ me for an add

@CelticWhovian (AKA: VampBean)
@LanaJoKing (AKA: Crusty)
@MMicheleWilly (AKA: Big Willy)
@Huntokar (AKA: Mum)
@LadyofthePond (AKA: Pondy)
@NamiarTopit (AKA TopHat)
@ccstarfield (AKA: Starlord)
@Cheari (AKA: Madam President)
@rosemaryandrue (AKA: Thor)
@rakdosleader (Thandos Godbage)
@AloofFloof
@relevy
@SierraMacKenzie
@lucyoneill
@xxFatherOfLukexx
@Olivaughn
@amandamaedowney (AKA: Downeeey)
@Kitascious
@naburrito
@olivereads14
@prysmcat
@xwillowee
@Chewton
@prosenpoetry
@EveryNextDream
@KGBuchanan
@Poundcake93
@ereehu

Crusty AKA Lana Jo is on a short hiatus. They will catch up with tags upon their return. Feel free to still @ and ask for tag list editions

DUMPSTER ONC 2020 PARTICIPATING MEMBERS:
Add your name and a brief description of you novel!

@LanaJoKing: Heart of a Prince–a queer Cinderella Story Satire.
@KGBuchanan: Not Programmed For This — bi teen girl getting crap for dating a boy
@Huntokar A Smile For God — a world is undone by holy war, because someone asked a question.
@relevy Rivers of Eden – a wlw psychological horror set in 1890’s Dakota Territory.
@salemkeating The Dreamers — an urban fantasy / dark academia mlm story.
@imtotallynotokay: A Fragment Of A Memory — a mlm historical romance.
@Shadowstar5N64: Half-Breed - An Ice Wizard on a mission to become the very best crosses paths with a Half-Breed.
@ccstarfield: Minion - After losing his job to an app, a lifelong henchman becomes a true villain to regain his dignity and expose his daughter’s girlfriend as a superhero.
@ereehu: As the Crows Fall - Ruwei sold her blood to the crows for revenge and has been killing off Mu’en’s men with the rage of a hurricane. She is successful - until she kills the man he loves.
@thatonevoice: threes — a teenage girl learns her own worth after life forces her and her friends apart
@hetachokshi - Trouble in Paradise - a fantasy-romance based in Paradise
@be_butterfly - The Storm Chaser - a coming of age romance that you may or may not want to miss, ahahaaa

10 Likes

MEET THE DUMPSTER FOLKS.

Lana Jo King - They/Them or whatever. Satire/comedy LGBTQ writer.

KGBuchanan (KG or KGB) - She/her or they/them. Teen fiction LGBTQ writer.

MMicheleWilly aka Big Willy aka Willy. She/her. YA Fantasy writer. Bat enthusiast

Imtotallynotokay aka Ashton. He/him. Writer of many genres all LGBTQ themed.

AloofFloof - She/her. Doles stoopid doodles and writes YA with no/min romance.

Huntokar aka mum- nope/you’llneverknow, grumpy writer. Thread mum.

NamiarTopit aka Nami - they/them is your best bet until I figure this out. LGBTQ contemporary (steamy) romance writer.

prysmcat - She/her. Writer of LGBTQ+ fantasy with minimal romance, crazy cat mom.

EveryNextDream (Tanya) - She/Her. Dark and introspective fiction, casual representation, sprinkles of low-key kinky angst.

Poundcake93 - he/him. Sci-fi and fantasy addict.

ereehu (Ree or Rui) - (insert pronoun of choice here) (don’t really know what I write either) If you figure either of the above out, please inform me. I am a confused potato.

ccstarfield aka CC or Starlord - any pronouns. Writes queer people fucking shit up and falling in love at all ages.

thatonevoice (or po) - she/her. humor writer. loves making her characters suffer. mother of a two year old labrador.

be_butterfly (Bee) - A bee. A jack of trades, master of none. Write from hetero to lgbtq+. Equality for all. In favour of romance because of saps!

13 Likes

FRESH NEW GRAFFITI WALL!

Have juice gossip? Does H <3 B, and you just gotta tell the world? Wanna give a shout out to an awesome person in the thread? Do something cool and wanna share? Grab your favorite color spray paint and start tagging. (Idk. I just learned I could make wikis and now I’m obsessed)

[PG-13 please ppls]

"Squidward Smells ^good"

“Google “Shrek 5 release date” and IMDb will tell you it’s anime. No lie.”

“ONC may or may not stand for Octagonal Nanopartical Ceramics. I’m gonna crush it.”

“The plural of platypus is platypodes. Fight me.”

"CONGRADU-FREAKING-LATIONS @relevy FOR THAT THING YOU CAN ANNOUNCE WHEN YOU ARE READY :slight_smile: "

YAY @NamiarTopit ! Congrats on finishing the draft! One more to go!!

woot! @ccstarfield is featured in the “In Her Words #IWD2020” reading list!

7 Likes

Yessss!

2 Likes

So fresh. That new thread smell.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Should be a new air freshener smell.

5 Likes

This freshness in the dumpster is overwhelming

7 Likes

Fresh and dumpster does not have a good ring to it. Sounds kinda rank.

4 Likes

Hello again
Glad I managed to get here hnngh :’-))

2 Likes

Fresh dumpster … like clean garbage … pristine waste … emptied trash can …

3 Likes

Oh shnickies I really need to submit.

3 Likes

@LanaJoKing Thabk you for the tag.

1 Like

you’ve got a few more days!!!

1 Like

I just did it like a day ago because I forgot LOL

1 Like

Welcome all who made it to the new dumpster. I’m still updating things so sorry if I miss you all :joy:

4 Likes

Guys I missed this on the old graffiti wall. Who did this T-T

5 Likes

What’s up for y’all today?
Exhales

1 Like

The roof

jkjkjk pls dont kill me

But on a more serious note, I’ve been struggling to do homework since I was away on vacation … it’s eating into my time to write for ONC … School’s a slave driver…

2 Likes