COVER RATING.

Hi everyone! In this thread, you all can share your cover of your Fantasy story and the person below will rate it out of 10.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I like it. But it does seem a bit drab. The font isn’t very appealing, and it looks blurry. 6/10

Faebreaker

(fonts pretty wonky. might change it. not sure though.)

8 Likes

Agreed. I had to pause to puzzle over the title. Not sure if that matters on WP though, since your title will be in plain text as well, but may be a hindrance if you use it elsewhere.

Nice imagery though. Crows/Ravens do seem to be in fashion. Can’t decide if their flock is forming any particular shape. It seems to be.

But unless there is something to compare it too, I don’t give ratings. I also know my covers are terrible, so I don’t need to be told so.

2 Likes

I like the image as it gives me a good idea of what to expect. However, the title font needs to be bigger/bolder and the “Written by” needs to moved up. Since there is some green tones to the image, I think antique gold or any yellow type colors will go well since yellow isn’t absorbed much into the green. The font could be a bit fancier but if you like the font, then adding some effects to the words would do.:smile:

Rating: I gave one at first but really don’t think it would be fair since I would need to run a juxtaposition on various similar covers. I’ll say, keep making it better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

eul96Yw

7 Likes

6/10. Rather generic, but I like the font and ghostly imagery. The cover really doesn’t tell me much about it, other than it seems to be about a woman, possibly the one pictured, and there isn’t much to her either.

Mine:

8 Likes

It looks very professional, but the effects over the text stands out a little too much seeing how there’s so much in just that space and nowhere else. Although that could just be my eyes >.> 9/10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lmH-wZQY-M96spjuKUUdqZO-CijmOdgt/view

2 Likes

I love love love contrasting colors like that! I think the text is a bit hard to read though and the blue on blue author name is also not my favorite, but I think the burning rose looks really cool! 7/10, just fix up the text

6IvPMiQ

7 Likes

Hi! Did you post something that isn’t loading correctly? It just says “uploading”, but that may just be my computer, please correct me if that’s the case! Just wanted to let you know though incase others can’t see your post as well

Nope I see that too, yikes

1 Like

8/10 looks great. I like the front and I like legends. Is it a story about pirates?

3 Likes

I wish it was a story about pirates! It’s actually about psychics and ghosts and an 100 year old murder mystery

2 Likes

no one’s replied to yours yet so I thought I’ll keep it going!

I love love love your font?? Idk why it’s just really fitting and looks so cool! I think the model is a little unfitting, but not awful, just not my favorite part of the cover. She’s not centered properly and it makes the sword the most important part of the image which is just a bit strange!

NzVbsex

7 Likes

@Poweratsea I feel that the font is a bit too rough looking for the image used, the image and the font don’t mix in my opinion.

12 Likes

10/10. I’ve seen this cover around before and I love it! The purple colour scheme is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and you can tell instantly that this is a fantasy story. At first, you don’t notice that the tree behind the title is actually on a floating island because it’s behind the jar/elixir, but when I realised it made me fall in love with it even more! I’ve been looking at this cover for so long and I can’t really find anything wrong with it.

Kingdom%20Of%20Ash

7 Likes

aww thanks I really like your too

1 Like

It’s always you! :roll_eyes: The few times I actually want to post something cover related, it’s always your cover that’s next. So I will wait until the next one.

2 Likes

I really like your cover. I give 9/10. I like how the title is written and the light on it. The black background adds a dark tone to the story which I love. The little thing that bothers me a tiny bit is the crown. I find the idea great, but there is just something that bothers me a bit don’t know if it is the fire or the crown but they are perfect with the title. I really like it so well done. @DaisyDoesNothing

687474~1

2 Likes

It makes sense for “A Dark Secret” to have a vague cover, but spooky forest doesn’t really tell me anything more than a black background would, but it does give it a sense of atmosphere, I suppose. I doesn’t really feel like the cover of a fantasy story. It could be one of several genres.

Overall, 5/10. It’s fine, but it doesn’t really have any personality to make it stand out.

The following are three various attempts at a cover. Which one do you prefer?
If you have any advice or commentary, that would also be appreciated.

2 Likes