I can confirm that I was asleep by then what time zone are you in?
Pacific standard time. I think. Haha so its 7:07 am. I live in washington.
This morning I woke up wanting to write, <3
But im also going to wear my computer safe glasses so i can write for longer without hurting my eyes.
Guess who’s actually here and nobody had to remind them?! Oh yes, it’s me
Hey you are late though XD <3 So glad I will have a writing buddy today.
That’s very true I’m glad I’ll have one too
You joined NaNoWriMo because you wanted to write 50,000 words in a month. It seemed easy in the beginning. Then, somewhere during the middle, you realized life happens: you lose motivation, school is piling on the homework, and somewhere in the distance, your work ethic is slipping away.
Yet, you realize, your pride is too high to lose. Not now, not when everyone around you is crossing the finish line. It’s time you prove to the world that you’re not just another quitter, that you’re way better than everyone else because you wrote a novel in 30 days and they didn’t.
- No one wants to start writing 10k words right away. Crack your knuckles, let out a breath, and sit down at your desk. Jog a gentle 100 words as you get back into the groove of where your story is (let’s face it, you haven’t done this in a while), and end your sprint mid-sentence.
Done in 6 mins. TWC: 100 TT: 6 mins
- Once you’re done with that, go for a few stretches. Write the next two paragraphs.
Hhehehehh they were short paragraphs of speech so they didn’t take me that long
WC: 31 T: 2 mins TWC: 131 TT: 8 mins
- Final warm-up: select one song from your favorite writing playlist and write for its entire duration as if you were going on a casual run on the street and were pushing yourself not to stop until, say, you reach the next intersection.
Time to find my longest song, I like doing music sprints
Song: Hospital for Souls by Bring me the Horizon. It’s 6 mins and 45 secs long
WC: 106 T: 7 mins TWC: 237 TT: 15 mins
ON YOUR MARKS. GET SET. GO.
- You never want to go all out on your first lap (as you can see, this world crawl is paralleling a race. You’re running. As if that wasn’t a big enough of a hint: this is going to be brutal) so take it easy. This doesn’t mean slack off. Position yourself in the middle of all the other races and sprint for 7 minutes and 2 seconds.
No way am I getting 403 words in so little time. RIP me
WC: 134 T: 7 mins TWC: 371 TT: 22 mins
DAILY WORD COUNT: 371
If you get less than 403 words, pick up the pace and write nonstop until you reach the next a thousand and a half.
The next 1500 will get me past finishing my chapter so I’m just going to finish my chapter which is about 400 words.
Finished my chapter with 459 words and I forgot to time myself, whoops. WC: 459 TWC: 830
- Mama didn’t raise no dehydrated raisin just waiting to drop out of the race in the blazing sun, so take a brief swig of water. By brief, I mean keep drinking for five minutes. Once that’s done, get ready to pick up the pace again: you have 20 minutes to get 1,000 words. You’re slowly falling behind and I’m not going to take it easy on you.
1K in 20 mins isn’t happening either
WC: 348 T: 20 mins TWC: 1178 TT: 42 mins
- That was fun! Except, all that momentum and speed caused your shoelace to untie. You fall and collapse and scrape your knee and babies are crying and you’re screaming and someone from the stands is wailing and in the distance you hear explosions, and yes, like you feared, there I am: I am standing in the crowd, yelling at you to get up as fast as you can and do 500 words in 5 minutes. There is terror in your eyes, but you’re not weak, are you?
Yes, I’m weak If I can’t do 500 in 20 mins how am I supposed to be able to do it in 5?
WC: 117 T: 5 mins TWC: 1295 TT: 47 mins
- If you completely just bombed that, walk it out for 50 words while you think about what you can do to better your form, then sprint 250 words to make up for it. If you were right on task, keep a slow pace and try a thirty-minute sprint. Go as slow as you want, but don’t stop. Don’t overwork yourself either. As soon as the other racers catch up, we’ll be going at it again.
I’m just going to sprint to 300 words
WC: 324 TWC: 1619
DAILY WORD COUNT: 1248
- To close out the first third of the race, do a fifty-headed hydra. As in, picture something gruesome with fifty heads is chasing you.
Well here goes nothing!
WC: 101 T: 5 mins TWC: 1720 TT: 52 mins
THE MIDDLE IS THE HARDEST PART
- Take an hour and push through with as many words as you can, again without stopping. Your legs are burning up by now, and each step feels weak. You’re lacking quality, and you know it, but guess what–you didn’t have to be in this position, and yet you are, because you are the one that signed up for NaNoWriMo. Don’t tell me that there’s no point to it, because there is. Instead of complaining, you need to use that valuable time to keep going. At this point, you’re writing just to get ahead. Quantity over quality hurts, but it’s better to be caught up than have nothing at all to edit in a few months.
I’m going to do two thirty-minute ones as I can’t keep still for a whole hour
WC: 641 T: 1 hour TWC: 2361 TT: 1 hour 52 mins
DAILY WORD GOAL: 752
- Stop. Reflect on what you’ve done so far. We all know the rule: never ever reread. Well, guess what? Time to reread. Complain all you want, but I want you to read all those cringe-worthy lines of garbage that you just wrote. Does that hurt? Does that make you want to quit? Are you tempted to close out of the document right now? Don’t. Instead, learn your lesson to never do this again.
Yes it hurts, it makes my eyes want to bleed and I want to rewrite everything.
- Shake off your inner disappointment in yourself, wipe away those tears, grind your teeth, and get ready to write some more crap as you try to catch up to those running in the front yet again. Aim for 3.5k in 45 minutes. 45 minutes is up and you’re still not there? No excuse not to finish that 3.5k. In fact, punish yourself with an extra 100 words.
3.5k iS gOiNg tO taKe mE DayS, nOT 45 mInuTEs! I’m going to do the 45 mins and see how much I get, then I’ll write to the nearest 1k
CROSSING THE FINISH LINE
- Face it, you don’t even want to win anymore. You want to drop out. But I want you to win. Take a final sprint of at least 500 words. You’ve been doing this crawl all day, I know it. Suck it up, punk, and deal with it. You owe me. Most of all, you owe yourself. Don’t let all that time spent be for nothing and finish off strong.
- If you’ve reached this point, congratulations. Write a final celebratory paragraph as the crowd at the finish line cheers your name.
- You see me approaching you just as you were soaking all of this in. Your heart rate increases–is that even possible at this point??–but then you realize I’m not here to make you write anymore. I pull you in and give you a tight hug, crying as I pat your back the way a dad pats his son’s back when the son, the quarterback of his high school football team, scores the winning touchdown. I’m so proud of you, kid.
- In the midst of this hug, however, you realize it’s too good to be true. I’m letting you off way to easy. This can’t possibly be the end. Haha. You’re right. I hope to see you run this same race tomorrow, nerd.
This summer has been an interesting one for you; you’ve been living with a woman named Mrs. Figg, who lives in Harry’s town. You’ve spent some time with him this summer on orders from Dumbledore, though you don’t know why. When you sense the Dementors on Privet Drive, write 500 words as you and Mrs. Figg go to investigate. If you are in Gryffindor, the Dementors don’t scare you and you may skip this round for free.
WC: 509 T: 8:48 TCC: 2554 CWO: Wedding Bells Chapter 2
You don’t see Harry at all after the incident until several witches and wizards come to pick you and Harry up to take you to 12 Grimmauld Place. Write for thirty minutes during the long broomstick flight to London.
Once you reach 12 Grimmauld Place, you see Sirius for the first time in months, and he tells you and Harry about the Order of the Phoenix. Write 500 words in ten minutes as you try to convince him, the Weasleys, and other members of the order to let you join.
If you fail: You don’t get to join the Order. Sorry about that!
If you succeed: You still don’t get to join the Order… but Sirius is impressed and amused. He gives you a Galleon.
As Harry goes to the Ministry for his trial, you help around the house doing several chores. If you complete all of the chores Mrs. Weasley has for you, Ron, and Hermione to do, she gives you a Galleon. If you are in Hufflepuff, you have already done so much to help Molly and may skip this round for free.
Clean out some of the upstairs bedrooms by writing 250 words .
Write for fifteen minutes as you make dinner and Mrs. Weasley gets some rest.
Write 500 words in ten minutes if you help get rid of the boggart upstairs.
September first arrives, and it’s time for you to go back to Hogwarts. Ron and Hermione are prefects and go to sit in their own carriage, so you share a compartment with Ginny, Neville, and Luna Lovegood. Write for 45 minutes during the long ride to school .
At the start of term feast, you notice that Hagrid is missing from the staff table. You also learn that this year’s new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor is Dolores Umbridge, who looks like a toad who was drowned in pink fabric. You soon learn in class that she is a horrible teacher. She makes you write 3% of your word count when you speak out against her in class.
Umbridge is out of control, and her rule over the school is becoming more and more extreme. In secret, you and several others who disagree with her teaching methods meet in Hogsmeade to organize a group that will learn under Harry. Write 500 words during the meeting at the Hog’s Head.
The new group, now called Dumbledore’s Army and forced to meet in secret due to the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four, needs a place to learn where it won’t be discovered by Umbridge or any of the students in her Inquisitorial Squad. Write for twenty minutes as you search for a place to meet. Dobby tells you about the Room of Requirement, and it is decided that you’ll meet there. If you are in Slytherin, you are also a member of the Inquisitorial Squad to try to sabotage Umbridge and may skip this round for free.
Hagrid has come back to Hogwarts, and you, Harry, Ron, and Hermione go to visit him. Participate in a Fifty-Headed Hydra as he describes the giants to you.
Harry wakes you up in a panic and tells you that he had a nightmare about Mr. Weasley being attacked at the Ministry by a snake. Write 600 words during the long night with the Weasleys comforting them as they discover that what Harry dreamed about was true.
It’s Christmas at 12 Grimmauld Place! Many members of the Order are there, and you spend your break from school getting to know some of the others better. If you complete all of the challenges, take a Galleon.
Nymphadora Tonks: You accidentally call her Nymphadora. Write 500 words as she explains to you that she hates being called by her first name.
Kingsley Shacklebolt: Write for twenty minutes as you listen to Kingsley’s stories about being an Auror.
Alastor Moody: You never really got to know the real Moody last year because of Barty Crouch, Jr. It turns out that he’s really as crazy as you thought he was. Write 300 words in five minutes as he demonstrates several curses on you, much to the enjoyment of your friends.
Arthur Weasley: After Arthur’s accident, you spend more time with him in order to lift his spirits. Write to the nearest thousand as you describe what you know about Muggle objects to him.
After the holidays, one of your Dumbledore’s Army meetings is interrupted when Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad find their way into a meeting after the organization is exposed by one of Cho Chang’s friends. Dumbledore takes responsibility for forming the organization despite having no part of it, and he escapes custody when several Aurors attempt to arrest him. Once he’s gone, Umbridge becomes the new Headmistress. Write 500 words as her grip on the school becomes stricter than ever.
It’s time for you to have a career advice session with your head of house. Your O.W.L.s are fast approaching, and you need to decide what career you want to go into in order to narrow your studies for your last two years at school. However, you don’t know yet what you want to go into! They each have their own advice for you:
Gryffindors: McGonagall seems to think you have a knack for Defence Against the Dark Arts, though she admits that your education hasn’t been the best under Umbridge. Write for twenty minutes as she describes the work that Aurors do.
Hufflepuffs: Professor Sprout tells you that your marks in Potions are absolutely exceptional, and that you should consider becoming a doctor at St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Write 400 words as you listen to her describe the different potions you would be able to make from the plants in the greenhouses.
Ravenclaws: Divination is your strong suit; at least, it is according to Professor Flitwick. Write for thirty minutes as you demonstrate your skill reading crystal balls for him.
Slytherins: Snape presents your marks to you and berates you for doing poorly in Charms and History of Magic, because he sees you as a great Head Warlock of the Wizengamot. Write 600 words as he gives you studying advice for your upcoming tests.
During one of Gryffindor’s Quidditch matches, Hagrid leads you, Harry, and Hermione into the Forbidden Forest, where he introduces you to his younger half-brother, Grawp. He seems very nice, but he doesn’t understand that it’s not socially acceptable to lift people off of the ground. Write for fifteen minutes as your friends try to convince Grawp to let you down.
Exam time has fallen on Hogwarts, and it’s time for you to take your O.W.L.s. In order to receive the O.W.L.s you need for your chosen career, you must write 1500 words. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to skip this round even if you have enough Galleons to do so.
If you complete this task in under an hour , you receive an O- Outstanding! You’ll be sure to get into all of your N.E.W.T.-level courses, and your parents send you a Galleon to congratulate you.
If you complete this task in under 90 minutes , you receive an E- Excellent! You might not be at the best level you could be, but you make it into all of your required courses.
If you complete this task in under two hours, you receive an A- Acceptable! You have a little trouble getting into your courses, but with a little help from your professors and a little more sweet talk, you’re just fine.
If you fail to complete this task in under two hours, you do not pass your O.W.L.s. However, after begging your Head of House for some kind of exception, you are allowed to move onto your N.E.W.T. courses… but not without writing another 500 words. Ouch.
Harry sends you a message that he believes Sirius is in serious trouble in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry, and he needs you to meet him at Umbridge’s office while he attempts to reach a member of the Order through the Floo Network in the Headmistress’s office. However, you and the rest of your friends are caught trying to give Harry enough time to contact someone. Write 300 words as Umbridge tries to torture information out of you. If you are in Ravenclaw, you know how to combat her methods and may skip this round for free.
Hermione’s plan to lure Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest works. She is trapped there, and you, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville are able to escape the grounds. Roll a die and multiply your roll by 150. Write that many words as you fly to the Ministry.
It was a trap! Sirius is not in the Department of Mysteries at all, but this was a ploy to lure Harry to the Ministry, retrieve a necessary prophecy, and capture him. Write for ten minutes during your first real duel with several masked Death Eaters.
You’ve fought well, but you and your friends are nearly defeated when several members of the Order arrive to help you fight the Death Eaters. With their help, you are able to successfully defeat most of the Death Eaters, but there is one casualty. Write 400 words as you look back and see that Sirius has fallen through the Veil and has died.
Dumbledore appears, and so does Lord Voldemort. This is the first time you’ve ever seen him, and you’re terrified at the sight, even though you already knew that he was back. Write for fifteen minutes as you watch the two most powerful wizards alive battle, simultaneously fearing for your life and in awe at the sight of such powerful magic.
The battle is over, but the war has only just begun. Write 150 words on the train ride back to Hogwarts and think over the dangers that loom in the future ahead.
11, 5, 4, 7, 12, 9, 7, 11
OH my lordy a Crawl is not going to work for this story XD Not until I get some more planning done. So I’m going to just free write for the day. I’ll update with word counts throughout the day. Maybe we will see XD
Let’s get the second part of chapter two done today.
So you’re 3 hours behind me, Oof. No wonder you were still up then, I was getting ready to scold you
I forgot anyway
[Inspired by Halsey’s Badlands Album]
Write for 5 minutes you are welcomed into the Badlands.
Castle: “I probably shouldn’t be so mean.” Write two paragraphs as you explain to your parents about why the school phoned.
Hold Me Down: “They fight me,” write 300 words in 10 minutes as you try to throw the situation so that your parents don’t know you started the fight. If you manage this, your father assumes that you were the victim, if you don’t complete the 300 words before moving on.
New Americana: “some say he looks just like his father,” your father is furious and demands to know what the fight was over. In the end you tell him the truth and take a three digit challenge as your father yells at you.
Drive: “all we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign,” you couldn’t help the fight that went on today but you can sit there, debating over the agony of the truth as you sprint to 200 words.
Hurricane: “don’t belong to no man,” finally you’ve had enough of all of the drama this boy is making you go through, finally you close your eyes and decide that in order to get rid of him, you have to write for twenty minutes.
Roman Holiday: “if we never kissed on that drive to Queens,” if you had never seen your ex-boyfriend and that girl kiss, then you wouldn’t be writing 100 words in 3 minutes.
Ghost: “but quick to tell you goodbye,” you never wanted to do this but your father is staring at you. Complete a 50 Headed Hydra within the hour as you hammer out a breakup text,.
Colours: “Your little brother never tells you but he loves you so,” you walk up to your bedroom, where you younger brother is sat on your bed with a box of chocolates. Write 250 words in 15 minutes as you hug him.
Strange Love: “how you laughed when you said my name,” you pull away from your brother as you remember the abuse that the girls gave you for dating him. Write to the nearest hundred.
Coming Down: “i’ve got a lover,” roll six dice and multiply each by 5, write for the duration of all six dice.
Haunting: “I was as pure as a river.” You never understood the fact that high school changed you and now you have, you are never going back. Complete the THREE PERCENT CHALLENGE
Gasoline: “This is not a dream,” you receive a text back from your now ex, write 250 words as a single tear escapes.
Control: “I’m meaner than my demons,” you don’t want to be mean anymore but you need to go out with a bang! WORD WAR FOR TEN MINUTES UNTIL YOU BEAT YOUR OPPOSITION.
Young God: “drowning my thoughts out,” you’ve finally beaten your opposition and should be coming close to the nearest thousand, sprint for three minutes and try to hit it,
I Walk The Line: “i found it very easy to be true,” that’s it, your going to be nice from now on but before you go to sleep for the night, you are going to double the total throughout this crawl within 80 minutes.
CC: 509 || Working On: Demons of London 2.2
CC: 699 || WO: DOL 2.2
CC: 905 || WO: DOL 2.2
Need to get to 1500
I sold all my furniture so it’s gonna be a pain to type without a desk, but I have to do this eventually so here:
WC: 100 Min: 5
75 words, 4 minutes
WC:175 Min: 9
Hmm, what song should I do?
First thing that played on my spotify playlist : https://open.spotify.com/collection/tracks
About 3 minutes long
WC:269 Min: 12
Done with warm-up, yayy!
That’s a very exact number. Okie, I’ll set and alarm.
WC: 499 Min:19
LMao, why do you hate me?
I need 437 words, hmm. Imma go war for this one.
Edit: had to help my mom with some lifting. now i have to do some more packing so I’ll continue this whenever i find the time
Fuck, it’s started off with chaos. Omg, I’m going to die.
1031, I did it!
At 181 in 5 minutes.