Crawl » Finish That Manuscript!

@RobotAmbassador roll 1d6

:game_die: 4

There’s no way, I’ll do this. Want a good 300.

Got 62
TOTAL: 325 || WO: 3.2 of DOL

TOTAL: 579 || WO: 3.2 of DOL

Want 700 words.
TOTAL: 1435 || With 10 minutes left || W.O 3.2 of DOL

I’m going to try this one and see how much I get in one day. I’m already bored with the 10K crawl :sweat_smile:

We’ve all had those days where sitting down to write those 1,667 words seems impossible. But 10 words? You can do that. And then 15 words? You can do that too! The idea of this crawl is to break up a big wordcount into tiny, manageable chunks so it doesn’t seem as daunting. It’s really good for days when you just don’t feel like writing, because by the time you’ve gotten through a few steps, you’re ready to keep going!

So without further ado…

Write 10 words. 15 words. 25 words. 50 words. 75 words. 100 words. 100 words. 75 words. 100 words. 110 words. 120 words. 125 words. 150 words. 100 words. 125 words. 150 words. 120 words. 100 words. 80 words. 60 words. 50 words. 75 words. 100 words. 150 words. 200 words. 175 words. 150 words. 125 words. 100 words. 150 words.

10: 13 words
15: 19 words
25: 35
50: 68
75: 120
100: 148 (finshed chapter)
100:

TWC: 403

@Azanthiel

Thanks for tagging! May just try some of these :3 (Although i’m curious as to whether anyone’s managed 500 words in 5 minutes) xD

Some people have, though they’re freakily fast :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Year 1 ~ Post 151
Year 2 ~ Post 347
Year 3 ~ Post 492
Year 4 ~ Post 588
Year 5 ~ Post 635

Years 6 and 7 aren’t posted yet, but as I’ve almost finished year 5 I’ll post them later.

Ooh that’s really cool!

Yeah, I have a whole archive of crawls in my notes, just waiting to be done. But I want to finish the Harry Potter Crawl first before I do them.

54%20pm 08%20pm

Woah that’s organised xD do you use google docs?

No I use notes, which is a Mac program

It’s like the notes on an iPhone, except it’s on the computer, and offline, so if everything on google gets deleted my stuff won’t

Back at it again after a couple days. Haven’t written anything as I graduated the other day and have just been feeling unmotivated. But I’m back, so let’s do this!

It’s Christmas at 12 Grimmauld Place! Many members of the Order are there, and you spend your break from school getting to know some of the others better. If you complete all of the challenges, take a Galleon.

Nymphadora Tonks: You accidentally call her Nymphadora. Write 500 words as she explains to you that she hates being called by her first name.

Kingsley Shacklebolt: Write for twenty minutes as you listen to Kingsley’s stories about being an Auror.

Alastor Moody: You never really got to know the real Moody last year because of Barty Crouch, Jr. It turns out that he’s really as crazy as you thought he was. Write 300 words in five minutes as he demonstrates several curses on you, much to the enjoyment of your friends.

Arthur Weasley: After Arthur’s accident, you spend more time with him in order to lift his spirits. Write to the nearest thousand as you describe what you know about Muggle objects to him.

Imma do all of them to get a Galleon.

Nymphadora Tonks: 501 words in 18 minutes.

Kingsley Shacklebolt: 479 words.

Alastor Moody: I wrote 159 words.

Arthur Weasley: Nearest thousand is 1000 so I need to write 377 words. I wrote 382 words in 11 minutes and 18 seconds.

In total I got 1,960 words, and I take a Galleon.

After the holidays, one of your Dumbledore’s Army meetings is interrupted when Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad find their way into a meeting after the organisation is exposed by one of Cho Chang’s friends. Dumbledore takes responsibility for forming the organisation despite having no part of it, and he escapes custody when several Aurors attempt to arrest him. Once he’s gone, Umbridge becomes the new Headmistress. Write 500 words as her grip on the school becomes stricter than ever.

550 words in 14 minutes and 56 seconds.

It’s time for you to have a career advice session with your head of house. Your O.W.L.s are fast approaching, and you need to decide what career you want to go into in order to narrow your studies for your last two years at school. However, you don’t know yet what you want to go into! They each have their own advice for you:

Gryffindors: McGonagall seems to think you have a knack for Defence Against the Dark Arts, though she admits that your education hasn’t been the best under Umbridge. Write for twenty minutes as she describes the work that Aurors do.

Hufflepuffs: Professor Sprout tells you that your marks in Potions are absolutely exceptional, and that you should consider becoming a doctor at St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Write 400 words as you listen to her describe the different potions you would be able to make from the plants in the greenhouses.

Ravenclaws: Divination is your strong suit; at least, it is according to Professor Flitwick. Write for thirty minutes as you demonstrate your skill reading crystal balls for him.

Slytherins: Snape presents your marks to you and berates you for doing poorly in Charms and History of Magic, because he sees you as a great Head Warlock of the Wizengamot. Write 600 words as he gives you studying advice for your upcoming tests.

I’m a Slytherin so I’m gonna write 600 words.
602 words in 20 minutes and 20 seconds.

During one of Gryffindor’s Quidditch matches, Hagrid leads you, Harry, and Hermione into the Forbidden Forest, where he introduces you to his younger half-brother, Grawp. He seems very nice, but he doesn’t understand that it’s not socially acceptable to lift people off of the ground. Write for fifteen minutes as your friends try to convince Grawp to let you down.

434 words.

Exam time has fallen on Hogwarts, and it’s time for you to take your O.W.L.s. In order to receive the O.W.L.s you need for your chosen career, you must write 1500 words. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to skip this round even if you have enough Galleons to do so.

If you complete this task in under an hour , you receive an O- Outstanding! You’ll be sure to get into all of your N.E.W.T.-level courses, and your parents send you a Galleon to congratulate you.

If you complete this task in under 90 minutes , you receive an E- Excellent! You might not be at the best level you could be, but you make it into all of your required courses.

If you complete this task in under two hours, you receive an A- Acceptable! You have a little trouble getting into your courses, but with a little help from your professors and a little more sweet talk, you’re just fine.

If you fail to complete this task in under two hours, you do not pass your O.W.L.s. However, after begging your Head of House for some kind of exception, you are allowed to move onto your N.E.W.T. courses… but not without writing another 500 words. Ouch.

1,545 words in 50 minutes and 26 seconds. I got an O!

Harry sends you a message that he believes Sirius is in serious trouble in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry, and he needs you to meet him at Umbridge’s office while he attempts to reach a member of the Order through the Floo Network in the Headmistress’s office. However, you and the rest of your friends are caught trying to give Harry enough time to contact someone. Write 300 words as Umbridge tries to torture information out of you. If you are in Ravenclaw, you know how to combat her methods and may skip this round for free.

301 words in 7 minutes and 50 seconds.

Hermione’s plan to lure Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest works. She is trapped there, and you, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville are able to escape the grounds. Roll a die and multiply your roll by 150. Write that many words as you fly to the Ministry.

I rolled a 4 so I need to write 600 words.

617 words in 17 minutes and 28 seconds.

It was a trap! Sirius is not in the Department of Mysteries at all, but this was a ploy to lure Harry to the Ministry, retrieve a necessary prophecy, and capture him. Write for ten minutes during your first real duel with several masked Death Eaters.

381 words!

You’ve fought well, but you and your friends are nearly defeated when several members of the Order arrive to help you fight the Death Eaters. With their help, you are able to successfully defeat most of the Death Eaters, but there is one casualty. Write 400 words as you look back and see that Sirius has fallen through the Veil and has died.

446 words in 12 minutes and 34 seconds.

Dumbledore appears, and so does Lord Voldemort. This is the first time you’ve ever seen him, and you’re terrified at the sight, even though you already knew that he was back. Write for fifteen minutes as you watch the two most powerful wizards alive battle, simultaneously fearing for your life and in awe at the sight of such powerful magic.

419 words.

The battle is over, but the war has only just begun. Write 150 words on the train ride back to Hogwarts and think over the dangers that loom in the future ahead.

152 words in 4 minutes and 28 seconds.

That’s the end of year 5! This part I’ve written 7,407 words.
In total for the year is 13,183 words.
Total for all years so far is 58,407 words.
I’ll post the next year and then I’m going to bed.

Harry Potter Year 6

After such an eventful spring, it was nice to have some time to relax at the Burrow over the summer. But now, it’s time to go to Diagon Alley to buy your books for sixth year. Write 600 words as you pick up all of your necessary supplies.

You go with your friends to visit Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, where Fred and George challenge you to a little game: can you guess which one of them is Fred? Write 750 words in ten minutes in order to make your guess.

If you succeed: You guess correctly (though, to be fair, you had a 50% chance of guessing correctly), and they give you a Galleon.

If you fail: They tell you won, and that your prize is a piece of candy. You eat it without thinking about the consequence. It turns out that they’ve fed you a Fainting Fancy! Write 200 words after you wake up on the shop floor.

You spot Draco Malfoy acting suspiciously, and you, Harry, Ron, and Hermione follow him under the Invisibility Cloak as he goes to Borgin and Burkes. Participate in the Three Digit Challenge as you listen to him talk to the owner about a certain item he needs to repair. If you are in Slytherin, Draco trusts you and lets you come with him into the shop, and you hear the information in person. You may skip this round for free.

Though you were looking forward to spending time on the train with your friends, all of them are either in the Prefect carriage or invited to ride in a compartment with one of the new teachers, Horace Slughorn. Write for thirty minutes as you read in your empty compartment.

At the Start-of-Term Feast, Dumbledore announces that Professor Slughorn will take over as the Potions teacher because Snape is now teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts. Write 500 words as you worry about your marks in his class.

During your first Potions class, Slughorn hosts a competition to see who can brew the best Draught of Living Death, and whoever does will receive a small vial of Liquid Luck, or Felix Felicis. Roll a die, multiply your roll by 200, and write that many words as you struggle to make the potion.

Harry is now Quidditch Captain of the Gryffindor team, and you go with Hermione to watch as many people try out for the team. Write 400 words as you cheer Ron on as he tries out to become Keeper. If you are in Gryffindor, you are on the field trying out for the team yourself and may skip this round for free.

The first Hogsmeade visit of the year arrives, and on your way out of The Three Broomsticks, you watch in horror as seventh-year Katie Bell is cursed by an opal necklace. Write 3% of your word count as you help her to the hospital wing and explain to McGonagall what happened.

The morning of the first Quidditch match of the year, Harry pretends to slip Felix Felicis into Ron’s drink at breakfast. This leads to an incredible win over Slytherin, but ruins Ron’s and Hermione’s friendship as Ron begins to date Lavender Brown to get back at Hermione for not believing in his Quidditch abilities. Write 600 words as the biggest feud between your two friends begins.

Professor Slughorn is hosting a Christmas party tonight, and though you aren’t a member of the infamous Slug Club, a fifth year you previously didn’t know existed asks you to go with them. You only agree so you can spend time with Harry and Hermione, because it turns out your date is extremely overbearing and clingy. Write for fifteen minutes as you hide with Hermione from your horrible dates.

Christmas arrives, and this year you spend the holiday with your parents, something you haven’t done since beginning your time at Hogwarts. Write to the nearest thousand as you spend a quiet Christmas Day with your family. They give you a Galleon along with the rest of your Christmas presents to thank you for spending time with them.

During a homework help session with Professor Slughorn as he helps you learn how to perfect that Draught of Living Death, Harry brings Ron down and explains that he had accidentally consumed a love potion and needed an antidote. Slughorn pours all four of you some Mulled Mead and mixes the antidote into Ron’s glass. It cures him of his infatuation, but the mead is poisoned! Harry manages to save him with a Bezoar, and you write 400 words as you spend time with Ron as he recovers in the hospital wing.

It’s time to take your Apparition test, and you get so nervous that you end up Splinching off your left foot. Madam Pomfrey is able to reattach it easily, but makes you write for twenty minutes as you recover. If you are in Ravenclaw, Apparating comes easily to you and you may skip this round for free.

Harry takes some of his Felix Felicis in order to obtain a necessary memory from Professor Slughorn, and feels that he needs to go down to Hagrid’s hut to attend Aragog’s funeral. Ron and Hermione are skeptical, but you tag along and participate in a Fifty Headed Hydra to pay your respects to the giant spider that nearly killed you.

Slughorn came with you to Aragog’s burial, and afterwards, he and Hagrid get drunk in Hagrid’s hut and reminisce, as older men often do. Slughorn hasn’t ever really noticed you, but in his drunken state he invites you to join the Slug Club to make up for the shame he feels in giving Harry the memory he needs. Write 600 words as Harry leaves suddenly to get the memory to Dumbledore, and you’re left to get a very drunk Slughorn back to his chambers. If you are in Hufflepuff, Slughorn cooperates with you as you help him back to the dungeons and you may skip this round for free.

Now that Harry has gotten the memory from Slughorn, it appears that his lessons with Dumbledore are now resulting in a trip outside of the school. Before he leaves, he gives the remaining Felix Felicis to you to give to the others because he thinks that Malfoy’s succeeded in whatever he’s been trying to do. Write for fifteen minutes as you mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of a battle.

After Harry leaves and you’ve taken the Felix Felicis, you go to guard the Room of Requirement, where Harry thinks Draco has been repairing the object he purchased from Borgin and Burkes. When the room opens, the corridor is immediately filled with Peruvian Instant Darkness powder, and when the darkness clears, you’re attacked by a Death Eater who was let in by Malfoy. Write for forty-five minutes as you begin to battle Death Eaters with all the courage you can muster. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to skip this round even if you have enough Galleons to do so.

The battle leads you to the courtyard, and fear grows inside of you when you see the Dark Mark appear over the Astronomy Tower. Your momentary distraction allows the masked Death Eater you’re dueling to strike you with a Full-Body Bind. Write 750 words before Neville Longbottom sees you and unbinds you.

As Neville helps you to your feet, you see a robed body fall from the top of the Astronomy tower. You run forward and recognise that it is Dumbledore just as his corpse hits the ground. You’re stunned, and you write 100 words as you raise your wand in respect for your fallen Headmaster.

Dumbledore’s funeral emotionally impacts you more than you could have imagined. Write for fifteen minutes as you listen to the eulogies and watch the white tomb be lowered into the ground.

After the funeral, Harry tells you, Ron, and Hermione about the Horcruxes, how the locket he and Dumbledore went to fetch the night Dumbledore died was a fake, and that he needs to track down all of them and destroy them because they contain a part of the Dark Lord’s soul. He doesn’t want you to, but you assure him that you’ll help him on his hunt for the Horcruxes. Write 200 words as the reality that you won’t be returning to Hogwarts sinks in, and prepare for the task ahead.

don’t scare me like that :cold_sweat:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to finish this today. Imma hop over to the war thread. Shino, are you free rn?

Yes, but Shino still doesn’t know what she wants