Crawl » Finish That Manuscript!

:game_die: 1

@RobotAmbassador roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 1

You are an archaeologist, Dr. I. M. Klevver, working on a dig site in the Valley of the Kings. Suddenly some of the local workers come running toward you.

• Roll a die to see how many of them are in the group.
    • Odd number – write 100 words in order to hear their news.
    • Even number – write 200 words in order to hear their news.

I rolled a 1 so I need to write 100 words.

164 words in 4 minutes and 23 seconds.

They believe they have found the entrance to a new tomb never excavated before.

• Do a 20-minute word war while you walk with them to the location of the new site.

663 words.

Hey, who do you think you are, Indiana Jones? This is the 21st century. Nowadays, you can’t just start digging whenever you want. You have to wait until the representative from the Supreme Council of Antiquities arrives to approve the new excavation.

• Roll one die to see how many hours it will take for him to get to your dig site. Multiply that number x 100, and write that many words while you’re waiting for official approval.

I rolled a 6, so I need to write 600 words.

738 words in 20 minutes and 2 seconds. I went way over, but oh well.

• Oh, no! You’ve developed a case of ‘Mummy Tummy’… we told you not to drink the local water! Write as fast as you can for 5 minutes while you, er, make a run for the privy.

137 words.

You have been approved to start excavating! How many workers do you have available to clear the tomb entrance? Check the Three Digits Thread to find out. Write that many words while they clear away the sand, rubble and debris.

I don’t know what this means, so I’m going to do the three digit challenge. The person above me is @RobotAmbassador and they have 3,164 posts, so I’m gonna write 164 words.

231 words before I realised I went over. Done in 7 minutes and 2 seconds.

Check with the workers. Can you get to the entrance yet? Roll one die .

• If the number is even, you’re good to go.
  • If the result is odd, they’re not quite done yet… Do a five-minute sprint while they finish hauling away the last baskets of rubble from the entrance.

I rolled a 1 so I need to do the five-minute sprint.

169 words.

You are now able to be lowered down with a rope to the actual door of the tomb. Suspense: whose tomb is it? You can see the original seal placed on the tomb by the priests of the Theban necropolis. Roll one die to see the result.

If your roll is:

• 1, 2, or 3: The tomb belongs to a known pharaoh whose tomb has been lost since the 1890’s! Celebrate! Write 200 words .
  • 4 or 5: The tomb belongs to someone completely unknown to Egyptology. This is one of the most historic finds of the century! Write 450 words .
  • 6: The tomb belongs to Ankhesenamun, the widow of Tutankhamen whose burial has never been found until now. Write 600 words while the SCA representative recovers from a dead faint.

I rolled a 6 so I need to write 600 words.

601 words in 19 minutes and 28 seconds.

At last, you are able to enter the tomb. How many chambers does the tomb contain? Roll two dice and add the values to find out the total number of chambers, and write 100 words while you explore each chamber in the tomb to see what is there.

I rolled a 6 and a 1, so I got 7. 7 rooms. Now, to write 100 words.

106 words in 3 minutes and 22 seconds.

Are there wonderful tomb paintings in the burial chamber? Sprint to the nearest 1000 words while you marvel at the beautiful art that hasn’t been seen since the tomb was sealed 3500 years ago.

The nearest 1000 is 191 words away so I’m gonna write that amount of words.

262 words in 7 minutes and 35 seconds.

How many gold artefacts did you find inside the tomb? Use the Random Number Generator at Random.org, and generate a 3-digit number between 100 and 999. Write that many words.

I got 606, so I’ll write that amount of words.

631 words in 19 minutes and 35 seconds.

Is there a mummy still in his/her sarcophagus? Do a ten-minute word war to find out.

• If your total is < 500, the mummy and the sarcophagus are gone. Only the canobic chest with the internal organs remains there.
  • If your total is > 500, congratulations! You have found an intact royal burial — the first since Tutankhamen! Write as many words as you can while listening to this song.

286 words, so only the canobic jars are there. Pity.

Hope you enjoyed your expedition to the Valley of the Kings! Post below and tell how much you got written!

So, I’m done with this. Words written: 3,988

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @RobotAmbassador display help.

Avengers Words Crawl

The Tesseract is acting up and Director Nick Fury is on site to assess the situation. Sprint to 500 while he talks to Coulson, Hill, Dr. Selvig, and Barton to find out how bad things are.

After a flare from the Tesseract that turns out to be a portal, a stranger with a sceptre is left behind. Go for a Fifty Headed Hydra while Loki injures several people and places others, including Clint Barton and Dr. Selvig, under his control, and after an exchange about ants and boots with the Director, prepares to make an exit.

Car chase time! Maria Hill is told by Fury that Barton’s been compromised, and the chase after Loki starts. Sprint to the nearest thousand during their high speed chase.

It’s time to get a team together to retrieve the Tesseract—Coulson calls Natasha Romanoff off her current job, then she goes and finds Bruce Banner in Calcutta, Nick Fury deals with Steve Rogers personally, and Coulson invades Stark Tower. There’s a lot of tension involved in convincing everyone, so word war for 15 minutes with a friend while the team starts gathering on the helicarrier. Loser writes an extra 300 words.

Cue Loki having a nice chat with a Chitauri, complete with threats and intimidation. Complete a Three Digit Challenge while they go back and forth.

A lovely event in Stuttgart… and then Loki shows up and creates panic and chaos. Write for 10 minutes while he tells the assembled crowd to kneel. If you write more than 500 words , you join the old man in standing up to Loki before Cap and Iron Man show up. “There are always men like you.” If not , Cap and Iron Man have to work a little harder to subdue Loki, so write an extra 200 words . “Make a move, reindeer games.”

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me! Thor yanks Loki off the jet and the brothers argue, and then Iron Man shows up again, causing some destruction while the two fight it out. Cap tries to deescalate things, but as Tony points out, Thor loves his hammer, and that doesn’t happen right away. Sprint to 500 words while they work things out, realise they’re on the same team, and Thor joins the group on the helicarrier.

Science bros! Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are settling into the lab, with some snarky input from Steve. The rest of the team chats, Fury starts theorising about Loki being the only one who wants to be there, and Natasha interrogates Loki. Write for another 10 minutes and see if you can beat your previous 10 minute word count. If you fail, write an additional 300 words for the altercation in the lab that ends with Banner picking up the sceptre.

Explosions on the helicarrier and everyone’s on high alert! Tony is getting his suit, Natasha’s trying to keep Bruce calm, and everyone is scrambling to keep the helicarrier in the air. You’re going to help Steve and Tony fix that engine while Natasha and Thor try to keep the Hulk a little more contained— write 500 words in 10 minutes or you’ll need to write an extra 100 to hit the lever when Cap can’t get to it if you want to keep the engine from crushing Tony.

Natasha and Clint are fighting (cognitive recalibration, anyone?), Loki’s tricking Thor into running into the cell, and everything looks like it’s going straight to hell. Better do another Fifty Headed Hydra while everybody tries to keep things together.

Somewhere in all that chaos, Loki stabbed Coulson, and the team now gathers to mourn. It’s the calm before the storm… write 1,000 words as everyone takes the time to mourn Phil Coulson, and as Bruce comes to in the rubble of the building he crashed into, Clint recovers from the cognitive recalibration, and everyone takes some time to regroup and get ready for the final fight.

Time for a standoff between Tony and Loki. While Tony threatens and Loki acts arrogant, you do another Three Digit Challenge.

It’s final battle time. You have a choice: You can either write for an hour OR write 3% of your current word count while the Avengers get their act together and finally start fighting like a team, taking down as many of the Chitauri as they can even with the portal still open. Natasha can close it, but first, Tony takes the missile through the portal.

As the Chitauri fall, the team waits to see Tony come back through the portal, and he does, but he’s coming down fast… Write 100 words as the Hulk catches him and scares him back to consciousness. “Please tell me nobody kissed me.”

Loki crawls out of his hole and the Avengers are ready and waiting for him. The fight is over and Loki lost. Sprint to 500 words again while Thor takes a cuffed and muzzled Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, and the Avengers go their separate ways and begin to rebuild. Director Fury is confident they’ll be back if needed (and there’s a whole other movie that proves he’s right).

BONUS: Shawarma! Word war with a friend for 10 minutes . Loser writes an extra 500 words and buys shawarma for all the Avengers. (Or just for your friends.)

The Tesseract is acting up and Director Nick Fury is on site to assess the situation. Sprint to 500 while he talks to Coulson, Hill, Dr. Selvig, and Barton to find out how bad things are.

532 words in 12 minutes and 14 seconds.

After a flare from the Tesseract that turns out to be a portal, a stranger with a sceptre is left behind. Go for a Fifty Headed Hydra while Loki injures several people and places others, including Clint Barton and Dr. Selvig, under his control, and after an exchange about ants and boots with the Director, prepares to make an exit.

232 words.

Car chase time! Maria Hill is told by Fury that Barton’s been compromised, and the chase after Loki starts. Sprint to the nearest thousand during their high speed chase.

The nearest thousand is 236 words away, so I’ll write that many.

It’s time to get a team together to retrieve the Tesseract—Coulson calls Natasha Romanoff off her current job, then she goes and finds Bruce Banner in Calcutta, Nick Fury deals with Steve Rogers personally, and Coulson invades Stark Tower. There’s a lot of tension involved in convincing everyone, so word war for 15 minutes with a friend while the team starts gathering on the helicarrier. Loser writes an extra 300 words.

427 words.

Cue Loki having a nice chat with a Chitauri, complete with threats and intimidation. Complete a Three Digit Challenge while they go back and forth.

The person above me is @RobotAmbassador and they have 3,175 posts, so I’m gonna write 175 words.

177 words in 6 minutes and 4 seconds.

A lovely event in Stuttgart… and then Loki shows up and creates panic and chaos. Write for 10 minutes while he tells the assembled crowd to kneel. If you write more than 500 words , you join the old man in standing up to Loki before Cap and Iron Man show up. “There are always men like you.” If not , Cap and Iron Man have to work a little harder to subdue Loki, so write an extra 200 words . “Make a move, reindeer games.”

262 words, so I’ll need to write an extra 200 words.

266 words in 8 minutes and 13 seconds.

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me! Thor yanks Loki off the jet and the brothers argue, and then Iron Man shows up again, causing some destruction while the two fight it out. Cap tries to deescalate things, but as Tony points out, Thor loves his hammer, and that doesn’t happen right away. Sprint to 500 words while they work things out, realise they’re on the same team, and Thor joins the group on the helicarrier.

507 words in 14 minutes and 26 seconds.

Science bros! Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are settling into the lab, with some snarky input from Steve. The rest of the team chats, Fury starts theorising about Loki being the only one who wants to be there, and Natasha interrogates Loki. Write for another 10 minutes and see if you can beat your previous 10 minute word count. If you fail, write an additional 300 words for the altercation in the lab that ends with Banner picking up the sceptre.

307 words. I beat my last one, so I’m continuing on.

Explosions on the helicarrier and everyone’s on high alert! Tony is getting his suit, Natasha’s trying to keep Bruce calm, and everyone is scrambling to keep the helicarrier in the air. You’re going to help Steve and Tony fix that engine while Natasha and Thor try to keep the Hulk a little more contained— write 500 words in 10 minutes or you’ll need to write an extra 100 to hit the lever when Cap can’t get to it if you want to keep the engine from crushing Tony.

331 words, so I need to do the extra 100.

124 words in 3 minutes and 34 seconds.

Natasha and Clint are fighting (cognitive recalibration, anyone?), Loki’s tricking Thor into running into the cell, and everything looks like it’s going straight to hell. Better do another Fifty Headed Hydra while everybody tries to keep things together.

182 words. I failed it, but oh well.

Somewhere in all that chaos, Loki stabbed Coulson, and the team now gathers to mourn. It’s the calm before the storm… write 1,000 words as everyone takes the time to mourn Phil Coulson, and as Bruce comes to in the rubble of the building he crashed into, Clint recovers from the cognitive recalibration, and everyone takes some time to regroup and get ready for the final fight.

1,006 words in 25 minutes and 14 seconds.

Time for a standoff between Tony and Loki. While Tony threatens and Loki acts arrogant, you do another Three Digit Challenge.

The person above me is still @RobotAmbassador and they still have 3,175 posts so I’ll write 175 words.

245 words in 6 minutes and 24 seconds.

It’s final battle time. You have a choice: You can either write for an hour OR write 3% of your current word count while the Avengers get their act together and finally start fighting like a team, taking down as many of the Chitauri as they can even with the portal still open. Natasha can close it, but first, Tony takes the missile through the portal.

I’m gonna write for an hour.

1,899 words.

As the Chitauri fall, the team waits to see Tony come back through the portal, and he does, but he’s coming down fast… Write 100 words as the Hulk catches him and scares him back to consciousness. “Please tell me nobody kissed me.”

100 words in 2 minutes and 55 seconds.

Loki crawls out of his hole and the Avengers are ready and waiting for him. The fight is over and Loki lost. Sprint to 500 words again while Thor takes a cuffed and muzzled Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, and the Avengers go their separate ways and begin to rebuild. Director Fury is confident they’ll be back if needed (and there’s a whole other movie that proves he’s right).

503 words in 13 minutes and 50 seconds.

BONUS: Shawarma! Word war with a friend for 10 minutes . Loser writes an extra 500 words and buys shawarma for all the Avengers. (Or just for your friends.)

344 words.

Total words written: 7,449

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @RobotAmbassador display help.

Bringing back this crawl that was originally posted by @DaisyDoesNothing on post 592

Your snacks are gathered, your keyboard is polished, and you’re all set to start a perfect, productive writing session. Unfortunately, your flaky excuse for a muse, Charlene, has other plans, namely a mud mask and a pedicure at The Warm Onion, your terribly named local spa. You can’t do this without her! Maybe you can summon her with a well-crafted opening sentence. Write ten words to lure Charlene.

Darn! There’s still no sign of her. Now what are you supposed to do? Defeated, your shoulders slump, and you reach for the chocolate bar that was going to be your reward for the first five hundred words. Immediately, there’s an insistent tap on your window. You know exactly who that is without having to turn around. Charlene may not have bothered to show up to your writing session, but a guilt monkey has, its piercing, insistent glare at the ready. If you want to be able to gaze out that window when you daydream later, you need to drive it off by showing it that you really are making progress with your writing. Write thirty words to make the guilt monkey leave you alone.

Whew! Thank goodness that worked! You’re so relieved that you get an extra boost of creative energy. Write fifty words.

Charlene’s still missing. If you want to get something done today, you need to try something else. While you think, write ten words. Drawing a viking hat topped shield on the floor, you prepare to summon a plot bunny to give you an idea. All that remains is the summoning ritual.

Drink some coffee. Whoa! That’s a lot of energy! Write 77 words as you refill the cup and place it on the shield.

You choose your two favorite pens for the next space. You can’t resist jotting something down with them first. They’re great pens. Write twenty words.

Did you know there are five hundred sheets in a ream of paper? Write five hundred words.

Now you place your laptop in position. You need to write one more sentence, to draw the bunny in. Better make it a doozy. Write twenty words.

Vapour begins to swirl above the shield, and a portal opens. But wait! That isn’t a bunny! Your last sentence was too well written, and attracted a hungry word eating dragon! Quick! Maybe another sentence can close the portal! Write twenty words.

The portal opens wider, and suddenly there is a hungry dragon in your writing space. You grab for one of the pens, remembering something about them being mightier than swords. Once again, you just have to scribble something. These pens are fantastic! Write ten words.

The dragon stares at you, confused and likely wondering why you aren’t running. It looks very, very hungry. Hmm. Maybe if you give it a little snack, it’ll go away. Write fifteen words.

The dragon looks unimpressed, and somehow hungrier. Maybe something larger would go over better. Write forty-five words.

Clearly, dragons have bigger appetites than you realised. Write a hundred words before it decides you’re on the menu.

Thank goodness! Sated, the dragon wanders off, leaving a dragon shaped hole in the side of the building. Oops. You’ll deal with that later. In the meantime, you might be able to describe what the wall looked like convincingly enough that no one will notice the damage. Write fifty words.

You know, you’ve done good today. So what if you still haven’t made any progress on your writing? You owe yourself some chocolate. As you snack, why not compose an epic poem about your dragon encounter, something worthy of being shared around the campfire at Camp NaNoWriMo? Write forty-five words.

It’s time to get down to business. Call the Warm Onion and demand to speak to Charlene. Be careful. They have a very unpleasant receptionist. Write sixty-five words as she argues with you.

Oh, you can’t stand that woman! You can’t resist leaving a complaint on the spa’s website. Write fifty words.

Finally, you get ahold of Charlene. If only you could understand her. Whatever treatment she’s doing, she doesn’t seem to be able to talk properly, and you’re not sure she can hear everything you’re saying. Write forty words as you try to explain that you need her at home to help you write.

Charlene’s massage therapist grabs the phone and tries to tell you her client needs to be left alone. At least she can talk properly. Write ten words to convince her to put your muse back on the line.

Charlene finally agrees to come home. At this point, you’re so fed up that you want to prove you can write without her. Write thirty words before Charlene arrives.

Augh, that isn’t good enough! Write seventy words. That’ll show her.

She’s in the driveway now! There’s time for a little bit more. Write twenty words.

You can practically feel her breathing down your neck, laughing at how little you got done without her. But you got rid of a guilt monkey! Write ten words. You went through that whole ridiculous summoning ritual! Write twenty words. You wrote your way through a whole ream of paper! Write ten words. You fought a dragon! Write forty words.

Who needs divine intervention? Who needs plot bunnies or muses? You are a writer, a wordsmith, a brilliant creator. And you are nearly to 1667 words, all without Charlene’s help. Why should she get any credit? Write the last three hundred words, all by yourself.

Your snacks are gathered, your keyboard is polished, and you’re all set to start a perfect, productive writing session. Unfortunately, your flaky excuse for a muse, Charlene, has other plans, namely a mud mask and a pedicure at The Warm Onion, your terribly named local spa. You can’t do this without her! Maybe you can summon her with a well-crafted opening sentence. Write ten words to lure Charlene.

11 words in 22 seconds.

Darn! There’s still no sign of her. Now what are you supposed to do? Defeated, your shoulders slump, and you reach for the chocolate bar that was going to be your reward for the first five hundred words. Immediately, there’s an insistent tap on your window. You know exactly who that is without having to turn around. Charlene may not have bothered to show up to your writing session, but a guilt monkey has, its piercing, insistent glare at the ready. If you want to be able to gaze out that window when you daydream later, you need to drive it off by showing it that you really are making progress with your writing. Write thirty words to make the guilt monkey leave you alone.

90 words in 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Whew! Thank goodness that worked! You’re so relieved that you get an extra boost of creative energy. Write fifty words.

70 words in 2 minutes and 3 seconds.

Charlene’s still missing. If you want to get something done today, you need to try something else. While you think, write ten words. Drawing a viking hat topped shield on the floor, you prepare to summon a plot bunny to give you an idea. All that remains is the summoning ritual.

29 words in 39 seconds.

Drink some coffee. Whoa! That’s a lot of energy! Write 77 words as you refill the cup and place it on the shield.

77 words in 2 minutes and 9 seconds.

You choose your two favorite pens for the next space. You can’t resist jotting something down with them first. They’re great pens. Write twenty words.

21 words in 31 seconds.

Did you know there are five hundred sheets in a ream of paper? Write five hundred words.

521 words in 13 minutes and 14 seconds.

Now you place your laptop in position. You need to write one more sentence, to draw the bunny in. Better make it a doozy. Write twenty words.

28 words in 40 seconds.

Vapour begins to swirl above the shield, and a portal opens. But wait! That isn’t a bunny! Your last sentence was too well written, and attracted a hungry word eating dragon! Quick! Maybe another sentence can close the portal! Write twenty words.

33 words in 52 seconds.

The portal opens wider, and suddenly there is a hungry dragon in your writing space. You grab for one of the pens, remembering something about them being mightier than swords. Once again, you just have to scribble something. These pens are fantastic! Write ten words.

12 words in 19 seconds.

The dragon stares at you, confused and likely wondering why you aren’t running. It looks very, very hungry. Hmm. Maybe if you give it a little snack, it’ll go away. Write fifteen words.

20 words in 33 seconds.

The dragon looks unimpressed, and somehow hungrier. Maybe something larger would go over better. Write forty-five words.

47 words in 1 minute and 15 seconds.

Clearly, dragons have bigger appetites than you realised. Write a hundred words before it decides you’re on the menu.

100 words in 2 minutes and 28 seconds.

Thank goodness! Sated, the dragon wanders off, leaving a dragon shaped hole in the side of the building. Oops. You’ll deal with that later. In the meantime, you might be able to describe what the wall looked like convincingly enough that no one will notice the damage. Write fifty words.

66 words in 1 minute and 48 seconds.

You know, you’ve done good today. So what if you still haven’t made any progress on your writing? You owe yourself some chocolate. As you snack, why not compose an epic poem about your dragon encounter, something worthy of being shared around the campfire at Camp NaNoWriMo? Write forty-five words.

64 words in 1 minute and 47 seconds.

It’s time to get down to business. Call the Warm Onion and demand to speak to Charlene. Be careful. They have a very unpleasant receptionist. Write sixty-five words as she argues with you.

75 words in 1 minute and 58 seconds.

Oh, you can’t stand that woman! You can’t resist leaving a complaint on the spa’s website. Write fifty words.

50 words in 1 minute and 25 seconds.

Finally, you get ahold of Charlene. If only you could understand her. Whatever treatment she’s doing, she doesn’t seem to be able to talk properly, and you’re not sure she can hear everything you’re saying. Write forty words as you try to explain that you need her at home to help you write.

44 words in 1 minute and 18 seconds.

Charlene’s massage therapist grabs the phone and tries to tell you her client needs to be left alone. At least she can talk properly. Write ten words to convince her to put your muse back on the line.

20 words in 23 seconds.

Charlene finally agrees to come home. At this point, you’re so fed up that you want to prove you can write without her. Write thirty words before Charlene arrives.

Augh, that isn’t good enough! Write seventy words. That’ll show her.

Not sure what this means so I’ll just do both.

33 words in 50 seconds.

75 words in 1 minute and 51 seconds.

She’s in the driveway now! There’s time for a little bit more. Write twenty words.

21 words in 30 seconds.

You can practically feel her breathing down your neck, laughing at how little you got done without her. But you got rid of a guilt monkey! Write ten words. You went through that whole ridiculous summoning ritual! Write twenty words. You wrote your way through a whole ream of paper! Write ten words. You fought a dragon! Write forty words.

12 words in 16 seconds. 23 words in 32 seconds. 12 words in 13 seconds. 41 words in 56 seconds.

Who needs divine intervention? Who needs plot bunnies or muses? You are a writer, a wordsmith, a brilliant creator. And you are nearly to 1667 words, all without Charlene’s help. Why should she get any credit? Write the last three hundred words, all by yourself.

327 words in 8 minutes.

This had a lot of short bursts, but was fun. I recommend.
Total words: 1,922

There are so many new crawls on here and I’m like… I still need to finish the harry potter ones whoops.

I don’t like most of them cuz I don’t like sprints. :sweat_smile:

Yeah they were mostly done by me.

I can feel you on that. I just haven’t written in so long that I was going to try one, but I don’t have enough time to really set up for a word crawl. So I’ve just been free writing and I’ve managed to get a little over 500 words in the last 20 minutes. Which is pretty slow for me, but oh well, it’s been a month since I’ve been able to write.

Well it will be good when I get done with school I will be able to put them all in one thread and start working on all of them. <3

Well got my 1000 words done for the day. Now I need to go read more of my school book and watch some more holiday movies.

Harry Potter Year One: Current Word Count 0 :joy:

• You receive your Hogwarts letter by owl and are completely ecstatic to head out for your first year at Hogwarts. Sprint to 100 words to let out your excitement and energy.

• You arrive in Diagon Alley and your first stop is Gringotts, wizard bank. Write for ten minutes. The amount of words you write will determine how many Galleons are in your vault.

Halfbloods

Less than 150 words: 1 Galleon

150-250 words: 2 Galleons

More than 250 words: 3 Galleons

• You step into Ollivander’s wand shop. Roll a die and multiply your roll by 100. Sprint to that many words.

• Finally, you’re done shopping! But before you leave, you decide that you want to purchase a pet. Write for 15 minutes as you search for the perfect animal for you.

• After months of waiting, you’ve arrived on platform 9 ¾ and board the Hogwarts Express. Write to the nearest thousand as you settle into your seat and get ready for a long ride.

• If you need to write more than 500 words for this challenge and choose not to skip this round, take one Galleon.

• Anything off the trolley, dear? Buy some sweets to help get you through the ride! Depending on which candy you choose, pick a challenge from below.

Chocolate Frog: Write for five minutes as you chase down the frog.

This thread’s dead, so here’s a new crawl: The Extreme Social Media Crawl

Twitter

The Tweet: A tweet is 140 characters long, so start simple by writing 140 words.

Mentions: You scroll through your mentions and see that you’re going to need to spend a good chunk of time replying to everyone. Sprint for 20 minutes.

Moments: Twitter’s newest feature lets you keep up with news throughout the day. Which tab appeals most to you? Write the number of words that correlates with that tab. -Today: A collection of the day’s news from all areas. Keep it simple! Write 100 words. -News: You’re one that wants to know what’s happening around the world. Write 150 words. -Sports: How’s your team doing today? Write 200 words. -Entertainment: Everyone loves celebrity gossip. Write 300 words. -Fun: Fun news, also known as news about cats! This tab can be a big time waster. Write 500 words.

Direct Messages: Someone who follows you and who you follow sends you a direct message. Have a short conversation with this person. Sprint for 2 minutes, aiming for 250 words.

Optional: Which list has a higher number, the number of people you follow or the number of people who follow you? Pick the higher number and write that many words, up to 1,000.

Facebook

Status: It’s been a few days since you checked in. Sprint to your next 100 updating your friends about how noveling is going for you!

Game Requests: No matter how much you try to stop them, your friends still send them to you. Sprint to the end of your current scene as you try to find the settings to disable the requests.

Pictures: If you see another picture of your friend’s baby, you just may scream. Do your best to wade through the posts by completing a fifty headed hydra (500 words in 5 minutes).

Private Message: A friend you haven’t talked to in months messages you. Time for some catch up! Write 1,000 words in an hour.

Optional: How many Facebook friends do you have? Take that number and write the amount, up to 500.

Snapchat

Selfie: Perfect your first selfie of the day! This shouldn’t take too long, so sprint for 5 minutes.

Stories: Wow! 10 of your friends have updated their stories several times. Unlike the selfie, it’s going to take a bit of time to get through this. Write for 30 minutes.

Coloring: The Food Network story sometimes features pages you can color! How relaxing. Take this one slow and write 200 words in 10 minutes.

Filters: These new facial recognition filters are fun, albeit a bit weird. As there are always 7, write 700 words.

Optional: What’s your Snapchat score? Hit the Ghost button at the top of the picture screen to find it. If it’s under 10,000, divide the number by ten and write that many words. If it’s over 10,000, divide the number by 100 and write that many words.

Tumblr

The Scroll: Everyone knows what it’s like to be on Tumblr and just scroll… and scroll… and scroll… through pages of other peoples’ posts! How mindless. Write as fast as you can for 10 minutes, aiming for 1,000, to try and make up for how unproductive you were while scrolling.

Ask Meme: You’re answering questions based off something you reblogged. Write for an hour.

Covers: One of your mutuals is an aspiring singer, and they’ve posted a cover. Do a song war with a song that is between 3 and 5 minutes long.

Memes: You’re on the last post of a page when you see it. Another Pepe meme. Will another be on the next page? Flip a coin here. If it’s heads, you’ve dodged a bullet with the breadsticks meme and only need to write 250 words in as many minutes as it takes. If it’s tails, you’ve found another Pepe and must do a Fifty Headed Hydra.

Optional: Write 5x the number of characters in the URL of your main blog.

Instagram

#ootd: You post a picture of yourself wearing a cute outfit. Get a random number from 1-10 and multiply it by 15. That’s how many likes it gets; write that many words.

#tbt: It’s Throwback Thursday, and you post a picture that was taken of yourself the day you were born. Add the digits of your birth day together and multiply it by 10; write that number.

#food: Someone posted a picture of their dinner. How many food pictures does the world really need? Roll the dice and multiply the number by 10. Write that number and hope your friends’ dinner isn’t that many calories.

Optional: Write the same amount of words as the number of pictures you have posted on Instagram.

Periscope

Live at Five: It’s time for your daily Periscope! What are you going to talk about today? Write for 30 minutes to meet your usual half hour time quota.

Hearts: It’s great when people watching your feed hit the screen to send you hearts. Some of them can send so many in such a short amount of time. Sprint for 5 minutes and get as many words as you can.

Map: People are Periscoping from all over the world! Pull up a map of the state/province/country you live in and point to a random city/town. Search for the distance between where you live and this random place and write as many words as the number of miles/kilometers.

Optional: Write 5 words for every person you follow on Periscope.

I love this one. It seems like fun. <3

I’m going to start on this social media Crawl.

Anyone wanna donate their accounts to me since I don’t have a twitter, tumblr, or periscope?