Criticism Comments, do you delete them after post-editing?

Criticism Comments, do you delete them after post-editing?

So just like the above fore mention title, I’m curious as to what to do with criticism comments, whether to keep that even after post-editing or not. I don’t know if its right to do so or not, may I know some of your opinions/insights on this?

By Criticism Comments I mean the following:
-Error Correction Comments
-Grammatical Mistakes
-Story Flow Suggestion (After adding)
-General Critism about Certain Elements
-Insufficient details

1 Like

Hi,

The General Writing Help section is for offering writing help, your thread seems better fitted for the Improve Your Writing club. I’ll go ahead and move your thread.

Thanks for understanding,
LigerCat - Community Ambassador

1 Like

I leave them where they are.
But if you do a whole repaste of an edit (so change the whole chapter) they automatically drop to the botttom.

5 Likes

I try to since it isn’t relevant anymore but I’m also lazy so if its like a friend of mine who helped with edits I might leave it if theres no spoilers.

3 Likes

Delete – why confuse your other readers when you’ve already corrected the error?

This one you might want to reply to them and tell them ‘hey, I’ve edited it, do you think it is fine now?’ and if yes, delete.

See above, and if answer is yes, delete.

3 Likes

I don’t delete, I guess it’ll be something to look back on to show I’ve improved :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can if you wish. Personally, I don’t delete them because I like to go back to them if I need to for future reference.

4 Likes

I see, but if the commenter doesn’t reply?

Then delete them.

2 Likes

^ yes

1 Like

Oh alright

Thank you so much for the replies :))

1 Like

I leave them there as a helpful reminder on what to look out for when I write another story. They could also be helpful to others, if hey have a similar correction.

3 Likes

i delete these ones after i’ve made the correction and leave the others.

1 Like

I personally leave them, mainly because I don’t think it matters if people can see them since I fix anything I agree needs fixing pretty much right away.

From a reader perspective: I think that leaving the comments - or more specifically, your reaction to the comments - is actually helpful to other people who want to leave feedback because it means that they can gauge your response. Many people won’t leave feedback on books if they don’t know how the author will react and if you delete all the ‘critical feedback’ type comments, then it’s impossible to tell.

4 Likes

Nope.

3 Likes

No. It’s nice to have a reminder what I’ve fixed so I can see how far the story has come and keep an eye out for similar issues elsewhere in the story or in other ones.

3 Likes

I leave them all. I think sometimes readers can be a bit shy about leaving constructive criticism. If someone has said it first, it can make it easier for them to just say, “I agree.”

Although I’ve edited my work so much all the comments are at the bottom :sweat:

4 Likes

Lol, no. Life’s too short.

3 Likes

No, I keep them around. I’m too lazy to delete anyways.

5 Likes