Critiques, prompts, and friends (hopefully) (not very timely, but free and as helpful as I can make it) CLOSED BECAUSE OF A WEIRD GLITCH THAT”S JUST TOO ANNOYING FOR ME TO DEAL WITH RN

writing
feedback-offered
writing-prompt
critiques
help

SOME WEIRD GLITCH WITH THIS POST I’M TRYING TO FIX IT SORRY I’LL JUST BE EXPERIMENTing BY REPLIES
Hey there! Here’s how I’m hoping this will work:

GENERAL STUFF
**Note: My critiques are both the good and the bad. Another note is also in #3 of Prompts (sorry, I don’t want to re-type it)
Nothinig mature, please
Rules on timing may change pretty frequently, and it’s usually just because of how much free time I have but I’ll gladly hear you out if you think it’s getting ridiculous

INDEPENDENT CRITIQUES

This text will be hidden

1. I’ll requests for critiquing up to three chapters of your book a month, though this may change if I know it’ll be a busy or free month for me. A short story or three drabbles also counts as a chapter.

2. I will update the chapters I am working on or done with on this thread (in various ways, probably just through a reply like “working on it” or “done” or something to your request).

3. Requests/links submitted after the 10th at 6 pm EST may not get a critique in the same month

All slots filled, as well as two February slots

Queue:
December Catchup
A) Pawprints 1
B) Burned 1
C) Burned 2
D) Burned 3

January
A) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 1
B) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 2
C) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 3

February:
A) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 4
B) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 5
C)

March
A)

April
A)
B)
C)
D)
E)

PROMPTS

1. I post a prompt, which may be a sentence, a question, a fill-in-the-blank, a paragraph, a photo, etc. Nothing’s off the table, prompt suggestions can be messaged to me, although I’m not quite sure why you’d want to send me a prompt you can use without sending to me (credit will be given unless otherwise requested)

2. You respond to the prompt. Feel free to spend five seconds filling out the blank or five years writing a novel, as long as you give me credit for the prompt and notify me if you actually decide it’s worthy of a novel. (If you’re not writging a novel, please reply to the prompt so I can keep track of them better)

3. If you’d like feedback, say so! I’ll try my best to help, but I have no professional experience, so your own opinion of your writing always comes first. Still, try to be open-minded. Part of the reason I’m offering to critique prompt responses and not your actual books is that critiques will be easier to take, and your problems won’t hide themselves as well.

4. Even if you don’t want feedback, I’ll likely just respond to your work (“Wow, how creative”; “Right in the feels”; “Really reminds me of…”)

5. On Friday or Saturday, I’ll make sure to read through everything and critique accordingly and post a new prompt.

6. You can still respond to an old prompt, but there’s no guarantee for feedback if you want it. I’ll try, but I can be a bit busy.

A few tags:
@troubleinspace you were interested in the other thread so here’s this one if you’d still like to participate
@tinislice I have no idea if you still want to participate, but you particcipated in the other thread, so if you still want to try, here ya go
@JustAReader248 same as tinislice, sorry if I’m bothering you both
Ask however if you’d like to be tagged if I ever make another thread like this. Those who requested critiques I haven’t finished and people who joined to make friends will automatically be tagged.
[/quote]

Hey there! Here’s how I’m hoping this will work:

GENERAL STUFF
**Note: My critiques are both the good and the bad. Another note is also in #3 of Prompts (sorry, I don’t want to re-type it)
Nothinig mature, please
Rules on timing may change pretty frequently, and it’s usually just because of how much free time I have but I’ll gladly hear you out if you think it’s getting ridiculous

INDEPENDENT CRITIQUES

1. I’ll requests for critiquing up to three chapters of your book a month, though this may change if I know it’ll be a busy or free month for me. A short story or three drabbles also counts as a chapter.

2. I will update the chapters I am working on or done with on this thread (in various ways, probably just through a reply like “working on it” or “done” or something to your request).

3. Requests/links submitted after the 10th at 6 pm EST may not get a critique in the same month

All slots filled, as well as two February slots

Queue:
December Catchup
A) Pawprints 1
B) Burned 1
C) Burned 2
D) Burned 3

January
A) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 1
B) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 2
C) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 3

February:
A) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 4
B) The Adventures of Prince Vajendra 5
C)

March
A)

April
A)
B)
C)
D)
E)

PROMPTS

1. I post a prompt, which may be a sentence, a question, a fill-in-the-blank, a paragraph, a photo, etc. Nothing’s off the table, prompt suggestions can be messaged to me, although I’m not quite sure why you’d want to send me a prompt you can use without sending to me (credit will be given unless otherwise requested)

2. You respond to the prompt. Feel free to spend five seconds filling out the blank or five years writing a novel, as long as you give me credit for the prompt and notify me if you actually decide it’s worthy of a novel. (If you’re not writging a novel, please reply to the prompt so I can keep track of them better)

3. If you’d like feedback, say so! I’ll try my best to help, but I have no professional experience, so your own opinion of your writing always comes first. Still, try to be open-minded. Part of the reason I’m offering to critique prompt responses and not your actual books is that critiques will be easier to take, and your problems won’t hide themselves as well.

4. Even if you don’t want feedback, I’ll likely just respond to your work (“Wow, how creative”; “Right in the feels”; “Really reminds me of…”)

5. On Friday or Saturday, I’ll make sure to read through everything and critique accordingly and post a new prompt.

6. You can still respond to an old prompt, but there’s no guarantee for feedback if you want it. I’ll try, but I can be a bit busy.

A few tags:
@troubleinspace you were interested in the other thread so here’s this one if you’d still like to participate
@tinislice I have no idea if you still want to participate, but you particcipated in the other thread, so if you still want to try, here ya go
@JustAReader248 same as tinislice, sorry if I’m bothering you both
Ask however if you’d like to be tagged if I ever make another thread like this. Those who requested critiques I haven’t finished and people who joined to make friends will automatically be tagged.

Publishing a writing prompt book?
How do I get my thread noticed?
Prompts with Optional Critiques :D

First prompt (sorry if it’s not quite up to snuff - I can’t get Everlark out of my head and I’m terrible at writing about them):

A little bird once told me of you. Your eyes of sky hues, your hair of the Sun. I had naught but my voice, so I sang, hoping that was enough.

No one seems awfull interested but here’s another prompt:

And chaos ensued. /|\ And everything stilled.

I’m not good enough as a writer to take up a prompt, but if you’d like to make a critique, I have a book that I’ve just started. It has only a chapter, so it would be a quick read. C: https://www.wattpad.com/story/170774412-pawprints

Thanks, I’ll check it out and finish by…actually I’ve never done a formal critique, so I’m not sure how long I’ll take, but I’ll let you know when I finish :slight_smile:

It doesn’t have to be a formal critique, just do whatever seems fun for you. =^^=

I’m here

Hello :smiley:

:smile: I don’t really need any prmpts or crituqes just here for friends.

We can be friends :sunny: maybe some more friends will come along :upside_down_face:

Maybe, do want some some original song lyrics?

Sure

they might be a bit triggering

People tell me they cut their wrists
I tell them to stop
but that’s just me being a hypocrite

What do you think?

My story is a bit…weird…
It’s a dark comedy and mildly offensive.
I only have about 3 chapters done. I would love for someone to critique it.

Its titled BURNED

Summary: After a treacherous accident leaves him disfigured, Oscar pretty much loses everything. His girlfriend, his friends, and even his parent’s love. All he has is his stoned 24/7, conspiracy theorist friend. And with a face like his…who would love him?
That’s she comes in the picture.

link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/128314447-burned

Critique away x)

What do you think of my lyrics

Will do :))

It may be late though, sorry

Sorry for leaving you hanging, I really like how you convey the character’s cutting and knowing it’s wrong indirectly by instead of saying it out right by having others do it andthe MC saying to stop. I don’t know if you did it on purpose, but I also think the clever use of a negative word like hypocrite does well to subtly convey the MC’s guilt

Not the MC just me.

I honestly don’t know how to talk to people, so I am so sorry if I say anything wrong because I cannot appropriately adress a topic I’m familiar wth, much less one I’m not. Thaks for sharing something so personal, and I still think your lyrics are very creative :slight_smile: (clearly, I overuse smilys, but they just so happy and nice, how can I say no tothem, they just begging me to use them)