daily poll #1: peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and jam

• Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • Peanut Butter and Jam
  • There’s no difference
  • Is there a difference?

0 voters

Who the hell even buys jelly? I just buy jam

right???

These people saying there’s no difference! OMG of course there is…

Honestly though, where I live we don’t really get ‘jelly’ just cheaper ‘jam’.

what’s the difference, forreals tho?

Jelly, jam and preserves are all made from fruit mixed with sugar and pectin . The difference between them comes in the form that the fruit takes.

• In jelly , the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice.
  • In jam , the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).
  • In preserves , the fruit comes in the form of chunks in a syrup or a jam.

Taken from here

you learn something new everyday.

Interesting stuff right. I think Jelly may be a more american thing, here in Australia it’s just jam and then there’s super cheap stuff which is still called jam but just less jammy and more jelly but it’s still called jam

where i am, it’s mostly preserve but they taste the same to me so like, yah

I’ve heard that jelly and jam are practically the same thing in other countries, but where I’m from (the UK) jelly is a wobbly substance you have for dessert (which I believe some people call jello?) and jam is something you have in a sandwich. I can’t imagine putting jelly in a sandwich alongside peanut butter :joy:

That’s what I know too. It always confused when people wrote that they loved peanut butter and jelly. I used to think it was something I didn’t understand. XD

Hahaha yeah, Jelly is the same thing here in Australia (Jelly/Jello) but I am pretty sure if you look for a ‘jelly’ jam you might find one, I think here they call them ‘fruit spreads’ instead of jam lol.

Same way they call it a ‘fruit drink’ instead of a ‘fruit juice’ when you get the unhealthy version

Nether, I prefer fried peanut butter and Banana.

:open_mouth::thinking: I’ve never tried that before, I’ll have to now!

Yea mom introduced it to me in my teen years, as being suppsoedly Elve’s favorite food. I was obsessed with Elvis at the time.

Yup, here we have jam separately and peanut butter separate. I’ve never tried them together :thinking:

Jelly is a dessert (which I LOVE having with cream :smile:)

When I was a kid, jelly was the more expensive, fancy stuff that my aunt would buy - she came from rich folk. It’s made from juice, is transparent and kinda stiff, jello-y like consistency. My Mom bought jam - the biggest jar she could find - or made her own, because she home canned a lot. We were poor folk.

I still remember going to the orchard and picking up windfall - the fruit that fell off the tree by itself. Most orchards would let you take windfall for little or nothing. Then we’d take it home, cut off all the good parts and make preserves or ‘butters’ like apple butter or peach butter. We even made plum butter.

Unless it’s a big name brand of jelly, the flavor isn’t that great. Jam just tastes better. I never buy jelly any more, unless it’s like Apple jelly - that’s not too bad. But otherwise it’s jam or preserves for me.

Uhhh
I only eat peanut butter with marshmallow fluff

I call the sandwiches peanut butter and jelly, but I call it jam. Just realized that.

Eh, doesn’t matter as long it’s tasty and I enjoy it :stuck_out_tongue: Well, I also think of cheap price too but I hate when Smucker’s strawberry is expensive than grape :sob: