Daily Word Count Motivation - PASS or FAIL?! ✅ ❌

This is for all the procrastinators out there, like myself, who ONLY work under pressure. I’m hoping to get the ball rolling with a motivation thread until the very last minute of Wattys submissions - September 30th.

This method is about accountability. It’s assumed that everyone who posts here wants to be motivated to complete their story by September 30th. Which means you have to do your best in checking the forum EVERYDAY and allow other users tag you and ask questions on your progress.

Here’s an example post:

Goal: 112,000 words - 35 chapters (roughly)
Daily Goal: New - 2,000 words | Edits - One full chapter
Total Progress: 20,000 words
Today’s Progress: Edited about 80% of one chapter
Pass or Fail? :x:
Tags: @breathingchemicals

You might find ✏ The Writing Marathon ✏ worthwhile, too.

2 Likes

Hey that’s almost exactly like this thread here. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Wow this thread no longer even needs to exist. Welp.

1 Like

I’m going to need this thread to get stuff done on time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea. If I don’t have a “competitor” I struggle to write (even if I end up losing LOL). I’m unable to join the Watty’s which I’m assuming is the last minute of submissions you are speaking about, but I am interested in this, just in general.
Goal: 50K
Daily Goal: 1000K minimum
Total Progress: 13K
Today’s Progress: I will update as I haven’t started yet. The joy of adulthood when laundry comes first. UPDATE: 2071 words written
Pass or Fail: PASS
Tags: @Mina-King

Updated! and updated again (second book)! I was on a roll to be able to enter into a few awards so I wrote a second chapter today.

2 Likes

I should mention that I also checked out the other thread/joined, but IMHO, this one should stay current as the other focuses on chapters alone.

1 Like

@breathingchemicals @sonjaebersole

I’m glad you can join! Yeah this one is a bit different. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

Today, I’m going to finish editing my previous chapter to 100% and then write 2k words for a new chapter. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

Good luck!

I love progress threads! Hope it doesn’t petter out.

I am starting today at 27.1K total with a goal of 1K words added towards the goal of 50K + total.

I also need to finish editing 10 out of 20 pages (my daily goal) of the previous book.

2 Likes

Wow you’re almost there! I wish you luck!

Am I the only one with 50k words to go?! T-T

I can do it!!!

1 Like

Nah, I am coming up on the part of the book that I always dreaded to write, because I have no idea how to do it. I kept hoping I will come up with something more concrete, but hot yet, not yet. So far it’s just dungeon with tortures in my mind. No ideas for specific tortures, no idea on how many rooms, how they set up, etc.

Not at all, I have a second book on the go with 49K to go of 50

1 Like

Okay! I’m filling out a form. You guys HAVE to help me get through this haha

Goal: 100k words
Daily Goal: 1-2k words
Total Progress: My document is currently at 4k.
Today’s Progress: I haven’t started yet, I’ll update as I go today - I have four spare lessons so hopefully I’ll make a dent :sob:
Pass or fail:
Tags: @Mina-King @sonjaebersole

3 Likes

I have SO many words to go. Currently rewriting an entire book :sob:

1 Like

Welcome to you! Wow your word count is amazingly high. What genre are you writing? Looking forward to your updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DomiSotto @breathingchemicals @sonjaebersole What is your progress for today?

I finished yesterday’s editing but that doesn’t really count since it’s debt owed. After procrastinating on one of my less busy days, I’ve only written 500 words out of 2k :stuck_out_tongue:

But the night is young! 1500 more words to go! lol

2 Likes

2071 :raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m writing science fiction : )

1 Like

Daily Goal: New - 2,000 words | Edits - One full chapter
Today’s Progress: 1,067 out of 2,000
Pass or Fail? :x:

I’ll try harder! Luckily though, it’s really become a habit for me to do writing in the morning and at night, so I’m a lot more consistent than I was before. I’m happy I started this thread too! It’s definitely guilt-tripping me into meeting my goals.

I guess this means tomorrow I technically owe 3k words :expressionless:

1 Like

You’re entering Kepler for the Wattys right?

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like