Did you figure out my clues?

hq-ama

Clue #1
Waterloo = University of Waterloo alum

Goats–pictured here

Clue #2
He sits nearby my desk and also works on the same Labs squad as me.
He’s the reason The Clubs exist – with CSS injection and all.
But now he’s planning Wattpad’s future :reading:
His initials are I & Y

Get it?

Ivan Yuen: co-founder and co-creator of Wattpad is coming to do an AMA Wednesday, June 20 at 2p EST

wattpad-500-500x264

Be excited, and let us know in this thread your questions and what you think Wattpad’s future will look like. VR stories? Blockchain copyright?

You know how I spent these last few months on Clubs? Where would you point us to work on next? What do you need and want so that we continue being your #1 place for stories?

Also–let’s grill him on old Clubs! :slight_smile:

I am proud to say I was clueless.

This looks cool though!

@SWKata here’s where all your questions come in!

also he listed a cover contest here: Wuxia Fantasy Cover Contest - Winning story will be featured!
!

Wow… Ivan! He’s nice and really kind :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for this, Lauren @uncleL. You really are our miracle lady :hugs:

This will be interesting. I’m looking forward to it already :wink:

And you said I wasn’t close to guessing it. :joy:

So…no baby goats :sob::sob::sob::sob::pensive::smirk::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::laughing::prisim:

Oooh I have the perfect question…

What exactly does Wattpad mean and how did you come up with the name?

omg you don’t know? :prisim:

Sadly I do not. I shall now hang my head in shame.

(If you have a cow :eyes:)

@uncleL got my brain stuck on goats. Ivan seems like a SUPER cool guy–but, I mean–he’s not a baby goat.

I think I know this one (only because I’m old enough to remember texting when it was annoyingly hard). Back in the flip phone days–if you wanted to type a “R” (for example), you had to hit the number 7 three times because “R” was the third number associated with the number 7. W-A-T-T-P-A-D can be spelled under that old texting system by touching each number ONCE (9-2-8-8-7-2-3).

Oh man I remember those T9 days. My dad still has one of those phones :laughing: But he’s also almost 72 so him and a smart phone wouldn’t go very well.

Still not sure how the correlates to Wattpad though :laughing:

Who is Ivan Yuen? Hope that helps.

Oooo! Your dad is almost the same age as my dad!

I wanna say I read about the origin of the name WATTPAD a long time ago. Then again–you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. Then again and again–my memory isn’t the young spring chicken it used to be. :smiley:

I remember looking but don’t remember ever finding it. My memory also isn’t the best. It’s very very selective (like I can’t even keep my own books straight without making cheat sheets for them) But yes, can’t always believe what you see on the internet. If I did, then I’d believe there is a gnome stealing all my socks.

https://www.wattpad.com/user/ivanyuen

I also give hint to what Wattpad stands for. Edison