Disappeared story

complaints

Hope this is the right place. One of my stories (Descent of Darkness) vanished into thin air. I’ve heard this has Wattpad doing this to other stories before. Does anyone know what can be done to get it back? And why does this even happen?

WP is aware and it might be a glitch. I suggest to wait 24 hours and if still no then send ticket should do.

Also hope you have backup :sweat_smile: Highly recommend that

Hope so…

Actually, it erased 2 of my works. In addition to Descent of Darkness, Ethereal Dreams was also vanished…

Yikes! Hope 24 hours is enough to bring back or maybe another day.

My story is gone too, but sadly it’s not an actual story, it’s my contest book that is in the middle of first round judging and if it doesn’t show back up, I don’t have the information to redo it.

^ One of mine went walkabouts, but it’s now returned! Hopefully, your stories have re-appeared as well :slight_smile:

I lost a draft and I have heard that other users have lost published stories too

Sadly it hasn’t yet but hopefully it will shortly :slight_smile:

Yup. It’s a mess…

My story came back, did everyone elses? They should have

Both of mine did :slight_smile:

Thats good :slight_smile:

And @Vintaginity Yay! :smiley:

Had it happen again with two works but one of them is back now. The other is still missing. I entered both into the Wattys so I hope it doesn’t hurt my chances… however small they may be.

I don’t think it’ll harm the Wattys, since they’re still technically in the system.

I’m literally devastated, since my biggest novel After Earth’s Fall is nowhere to be found on my profile! When I try and search it up Wattpad says that it has been deleted or removed? I know I haven’t deleted it, why would I when it’s got 77000 reads. I also entered it in the Wattys.

Yup my review book is gone too.

@Sophie_Louise246 @VioletSun51

Wattpad knows about the issue and are working to fix it ASAP.

In addition to what @MakaylaSophia said, here’s a link; https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001234226-Stories-Story-Parts-Missing-on-Profile

I have a missing story too. It’s so annoying. :roll_eyes: