Discord Writing Group

Dear Wattpadians,

Last week I started a discord server for undiscovered writers like ourselves to have a chance to get discovered. So far its a small group of 10-11 people, but the spots are unlimited.

It’s basically a bookclub-support group. And none of anything is required. You can be a member and never show up.

I do have one rule, and that is to be appropriate. If you wish to cuss, I have a channel for that. Any cussing outside of that channel, And you will be frowned upon. (That’s right. Fear the frown.)

We do have suggested monthly reading, writing games (that I will be able to put up soon), and a general chat. (as well as a few more features. Namely Lopez our resident BOT, who loves to throw verbal salt at me. )

If you would like to join, the link is below. And the great thing is, is that you can check it out, and still leave if you don’t approve. I understand some people don’t like to use discord, and for that, I am sorry because it is really one of the few ways I can do all that I have planned. You don’t need to download discord, despite what it says. You can access it from the webs.

https://discord.gg/MGcbf54 1

I hope Y’all have a fantabulous day, And if you have any questions, feel free to ask below! <3

4 Likes

I’ll join up but it could take some time :slight_smile: Nice to meet you

1 Like

Nice to meet you too! And take all the time you want! nothing is mandatory.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’ll be sure to join at some point, got to see hat goes on here, plus I want to strat writing again, haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful! I hope you do like what you see!

1 Like

I’m sure I will :slight_smile:

1 Like

What sort of things do you write?

1 Like

At the moment I write open fanfiction spliced with other genres, but I have plans to move into just about any genre :slight_smile:

I’m tyring to brand my account as a ‘one stop shop’ almost

Do you write? If so, what kind of stories?

1 Like

Thats awesome!

I do write! I tend to write more on character development interally, and the abstractness that is the human mind. It sounds weird, but I enjoy it.

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile: Got to do something with your time, anyway.

You mean, stories or papers focussed almost entirely on character development itself? Well, anyway that sounds like a unique and difficult subject to write about. As long as you enjoy it, more power to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a hard time writing about actual events, weather made up or real. I tend to think more abstract when it comes to setting.

So most of my settings focus on memories and imaginations. From there I can focus on a characters mentality. How they think of the world, and how their memories effect who they are.

1 Like

Ah, well, good on you for finding a way around that roadblock. That’s still a unique way to write a story, focusing on the character with abstract technical writing to tell a story rather than have a character experience a series of events.

That would make for very interesting reading

1 Like

Haha Thank you!

What is your wattpad user?

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: I rarely ever hear of that kind of work, both online and in real life, so credit where it’s due :slight_smile:

It’s the same as my username here.
For some reason the bio doesn’t like showing the link I put in, haha

1 Like

I love how you started your bio!

1 Like

Just some words of wisdom I came up with in 5 minutes :joy: The name is my pseudonym, not currently in use, hehe

1 Like

Oh? Whats a pseudonym?

1 Like

It’s a fake name :slight_smile: Usually authors will use a pseudonym as their pen name. Not entirely sure why, but sometimes they do. Online you can never be too careful anyway

1 Like

Ah, Okay so is it a fake realistic name? or like how I do The_Gooseatron?

1 Like

It’s usually a fake realistic name, something that could legitimately pass as someone’s name, but you occasionally see people here use their account name as an author name :slight_smile:

1 Like