Discussion thread–post AMA with Ashleigh Gardner

hq-ama

Closing that post so here we can discuss insights, etc
link: Wattpad AMA - Wattpad and the Publishing Industry with Ashleigh Gardner

Wattpad AMA - Wattpad and the Publishing Industry with Ashleigh Gardner

Did anyone ask any questions about the Wattys? I can’t believe that slipped my mind, especially with the opportunity to work with Wattpad Studios if you’re a winner. Ahh.

Well I think @uncleL was planning on trying to do another chat specific to the Wattys so that’s why I held off on those questions :laughing:

No one asked lol

Yeah–I’ll get the Watty’s in here and also they’re doing an AMA on Twitter soon! Will send the deets when I have them

Reckon we could get Lynn @lynns13 to come here for the Wattys thread, Lauren @uncleL? :slight_smile:
We do have Samantha, but getting Lynn here would be a great too =]

I thought I saw something earlier, on either Twitter or Instagram about it earlier!

I’ll ask!

Yeah, I think it was posted, or at least I was told that it was but I didn’t see the link yet on Twitter

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Lynn is a real gem :heart:

Find out anything from @ashleigh that was surprising to you?

I could’ve sworn I saw it on Instagram earlier, but now I’m not seeing it?

Oh wait, I see it on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/127093020051/posts/10160463543055052/

Yea, please tell us about the Twitter thing over here on clubs. I rarely check Twitter.

Twitter, Facebook, Update Book, Forums, Newsletter, Wattys Page,

oml, there are too many places to a keep a track of!

The biggest thing for me was:

• Looking at writers who want to go into the publishing industry
  • Knowing the works are drafts and looking at the strong points

Those two really resonated with me. I might be a bit sappy here, but it’s always been one of my goals to be a Wattpad Star and work with Wattpad on serializing my novels while also being able to make a career from writing. Seeing those two answers gave me a little bit more hope that what I want can really happen.

Not surprising, but a serious relief to know to know posting a rough draft isn’t a strike against hope. Ever since I was plagiarized I’m a lot more comfortable posting only rough drafts, but I did worry it would hurt my chances of ever actually getting noticed for something like the Stars or Wattys or really anything.

Ashleigh gave a new writer like me- hope. Like the way she stated they look for stats and data, and everything. And feedback from readers. And they look deep.
She reinforced my belief in myself =]

What’s update book?

that’s awesome :lonelywriter:

The “News and Updates” book that @Wattpad maintains?

Since Wattpad doesn’t do any posts directly into people’s notifications tab (Which I think is SUPER DUMB and they TOTALLY SHOULD DO), it’s the only way users hear or get information on anything that Wattpad is doing.