Do not quote this thread, please.

The law does not apply for talent contest. I don’t understand why we are excluded… nobodyanswers wattysquestionquebec

3 Likes

:v:

I’m so frustrated ! Will I never have a chance to win a Wattys ? Québec have never been excluded from the Wattys before (and some people from Québec already won)… And it was not even written in the French Wattys book ! What about all the people from Québec who dont speak English and didn’t read the Wattys English book ? That is so unfair !

1 Like

At least, if we can’t enter the paid story program or whatever… can we have the sticker ? Hahah
So… How it is gonna work ? If I enter books to the Wattys and I win, they will took back the prize as soon as they will know I am from Québec ? Hahah ! That make no sense at all ! They must be a LOT of people from Québec who already enter 'cause it was not written in the French book (another nonsense since Québec is a French state).

1 Like

1 Like

The Wattys use data analysis though, combined with judging by actual people, so it’s not completely free from machines.

1 Like

But from what I know, it is a talent contest. If you are saying to me it is like a sort of lotery, the Wattys are gonna loose all credibility to me and to a lot of people…

1 Like

Je devrais peut-être effacer toutes les preuves de là où j’habite ? Hahah !

1 Like

On pourrait faire une pétition, non ? Je pense qu’on aurait pas mal de signatures et qu’on serait peut-être pris plus au sérieux que maintenant

1 Like

I don’t want to go full lawyer here, especially since I can only talk about German law with confidence, but from a legal standpoint, I don’t think the Wattys can be considered a pure ‘talent contest’, since there is a pre-selection that is determined by data (which only HQ knows how exactly it works). Ans only that selection, that’s been pulled gets read.
For a pure talent contest, all entries would’ve to be read by the judges and a decision would have to be made solely based on talent.

1 Like

Sur genre Change.org ça se fait bien. Il faudrait que la pétition soit anglaise et française avec des copier/coller des textes de lois. Avec tous les Québécois, les abonnés de DarknessandLight, mes abonnés, les tiens… vraiment, je pense qu’il y a de quoi se faire entendre.

1 Like

Ok, but if the problem is there… Why Québec was able to participate and all previous years ?

1 Like

Kind of Ironic since WP is based in Canada.

2 Likes

Yeah, in Toronto… Is like at 8 hours from Québec in car…
Very ironic !

2 Likes

Oui, contacte-moi ! Je pense que DarknessAndLight voudra sûrement participer aussi !

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t know. As I said before, this is just my own personal speculation. I don’t know how this works, but I’m sure that Wattpad’s legal department must’ve reviewed the laws before they made the decision. They know more about Canadian/Quebec Law than me.

1 Like

I am feeling like the law team didn’t do their job properly… just choosing to exclude Québec because it was more simple for them… I dream to win a Wattys ever since I am on Wattpad… And that dream is just taking away without any specific explanation and without advertising the majority of Québec people (who are French and cannot read the English Wattys rules book)…

It is really annoying. I spent four years to build my community on Wattpad and I cannot even celebrate the ten anniversary with everyone.

1 Like